Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: all i can say is wow.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love how much PETA doesnt know, having lived on a farm for a few years, i know that you do NOT have to impregnate a cow every 9 months to keep it producing milk, as long as you regularly milk the cow, it will continue to produce it. It does not harm the cow to milk it, infact it helps it. How would we ever get enough women to produce the same amount of milk cattle does? I sure as hell know i wouldnt want to drink/eat milk from the breast of some woman i dont know. As many people have stated before, its plain gross..PETA is just full of it.
    though i do believe animals should be treated properly, i do not believe that milking cows is wrong, its been going on for how long now?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA HA HA HA HA!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!
    I've got a stool and a bucket and everything we need, c'mon over ladies!!

sigh, I really needed this after work today!

Now it's time to get those reality tunnels in an uproar with some Q & A time:

Most all of us started out by drinking human milk so what's the big deal exactly? Because we're no longer babies? What changed?

Humans are generally considered animals (they are not classed as plants or minerals) so other than the enslavement part of it (if indeed it were not staffed with paid/willing "milk maids"?), why not human milk farms?

Let the screaming (or ignoring of these questions) commence...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maneatingmoo View Post
    Can't you get a disease from that? Why do we even drink milk anyways? Only baby animals drink milk.
    You hear that alot, from people who are against drinking milk..
    but there is a serious flaw in that theory..

if you say "cows milk is only meant for feeding baby cows, so humans shouldnt drink it"..
    well then, a soybean is only meant for feeding a baby soy plant..
    so humans shouldnt eat soy.
    a lettce leaf is only meant for providing energy to a lettuce plant, so humans shouldnt eat lettuce..

the ONLY food "meant" for feeding humans is human milk..
    therefore humans should ONLY eat human milk..nothing else..

If you use the "cows milk is only meant for baby cows" arguement, then where do you draw the line on everything else we eat?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the "cows milk is only meant for baby cows" arguement,
    This is not what he said - this is what you inferred from what he said by saying "Only baby animals drink milk". Human babies are baby animals (they are not vegetable nor mineral). Some human cultures do not drink milk after the infant stage. Asians for example are not big milk drinkers after childhood. Most Asians I know (vietnamese, hmong, chinese, thais and laotians) do not consume much dairy products of any kind (milk or cheese) in adulthood outside the occasional "free pizza lunches" at work. Eggs are popular in their cooking if you wish to consider them dairy products, but working with many nationalities of Asians has allowed me to find this bit eastern wisdom out: "milk is for the babies". Whenever I drink milk for heartburn they ask me "You a big baby now? ha ha!"

The rest of your rant seems to run off into medieval Aristotelian either/or logic. I.E. "If you don't believe we should drink milk therefore you must believe A, B and C...". When the kid said none of that and I did not see it implied because we can see that tends to get rather ridiculous. These are the sort of wild conclusions the idea that there is one correct reality-tunnel: "mine", and anyone else's ideas which differ from mine are "crazy, wrong or misguided" leads to. We're all guilty of this way of thinking from time to time but we should recognize what we're doing is enforcing our own beliefs to ourselves by making opposing views seem as ludicrous as possible. Perhaps Maneatingmoo is Asian? I have no idea of his ethnic background but you could have essentially called his culture's beliefs on dairy (for babies only) as comparable to a bizarre idea that only soy plants should eat soybeans. I would think following this sort of logic that eventually you would come to "Only humans should eat other humans." - this certainly shoots a long way from the original statement "Only baby animals drink milk." don't you think?

However, that could be the Zen koan for the day:" How does a soy plant eat a soy bean?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    This is not what he said - this is what you inferred from what he said by saying "Only baby animals drink milk". Human babies are baby animals (they are not vegetable nor mineral). Some human cultures do not drink milk after the infant stage. Asians for example are not big milk drinkers after childhood. Most Asians I know (vietnamese, hmong, chinese, thais and laotians) do not consume much dairy products of any kind (milk or cheese) in adulthood outside the occasional "free pizza lunches" at work. Eggs are popular in their cooking if you wish to consider them dairy products, but working with many nationalities of Asians has allowed me to find this bit eastern wisdom out: "milk is for the babies". Whenever I drink milk for heartburn they ask me "You a big baby now? ha ha!"

The rest of your rant seems to run off into medieval Aristotelian either/or logic. I.E. "If you don't believe we should drink milk therefore you seem to believe A, B, or C...". When the kid said none of that and I did not see it implied because we can see that tends to get rather ridiculous. These are the sort of wild conclusions the idea that there is one correct reality-tunnel: "mine", and anyone else's ideas which differ from mine are "crazy, wrong or misguided" leads to. We're all guilty of this way of thinking from time to time but we should recognize what we're doing is enforcing our own beliefs to ourselves by making opposing views seem as ludicrous as possible. Perhaps Maneatingmoo is Asian? I have no idea of his ethnic background but you would have essentially called his culture's beliefs on dairy (for babies only) as comparable to believing only soy plants should eat soybeans. How would that even be possible?
    That could be the Zen koan for the day:" How does a Soy plant eat a soy bean?"

I was ranting?
    huh..I wasnt aware of that..

as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you are trying to say..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird how I love cow's milk, yet find the idea of consuming human milk revolting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vicoria, I'm sorry you were offended....this is a common joke in my house (or was, my second daughter is no longer breast feeding, but on to regular, adult food for the most part).

The joke was stared by my WIFE, a WOMAN, who said, and I QUOTE, "Time to excesise and feed the baby....at the same time!"

Not to mention, a little more vanity in the American People (men and women) would save countless lives every year from heart disease, stroke, diabetes related issues....the list goes on.

Being healthy is more that just vanity (granted, my joke was purely sophmoric and crude, as it was meant to be), it is a better way of life. You live longer, are generally happier, and can simply DO more.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maneatingmoo View Post
    Can't you get a disease from that? Why do we even drink milk anyways? Only baby animals drink milk.
    Yeah, why not just take out dairy all together and replace it with something more nutritious and sustainable like oranic soy or hempseed ice cream...

Plant seeds are designed to grow a plant but not all seeds grow and become plants, if the seeds fall off the plant or whatever they could be stored so they can't grow making them okay to eat.

The idea for human milk and cowmilk ice cream sound strange, either way they both would have females in stalls with machines attached to their nipples pumping milk, giving birth and eating GM corn the rest of their life.

You can't really torture or abuse a plant, they don't have nerves so if it gets hurt it doesn't need painkillers, they dont have emotions so you can't make them sad, scared or upset. Plants grow in one spot, you don't need free range pineapples. Plants don't care how they're treated, they either grow or they don't. When they get diseases theirs no real suffering.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast