Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: all i can say is wow.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well evergreen............you and i are just going to have to agree to disagree.........i drink about a gallon and a half of milk a week personally and as for the cows themselves.......well......this is beef country....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird how I love cow's milk, yet find the idea of consuming human milk revolting...
    But WHY is it revolting? Can no one offer an explanation of this view? You can't write a term paper that says "Just because it is", you have to explain why it is it. I'd like to see someone (anyone) extrapolate the idea...

Does this idea arise because we often think the human body is "dirty" or somehow "unclean"? I reiterate that as babies most all of us started by drinking human milk - what exactly has changed?

How many of us are sure we would be able to identify "human milk" from 5 blind samples of white milky substances of various mammalian species in unmarked glasses? If you've never drank it before (in conscious memory of most of us participants here at the forum) - how would you know what species of milk you were sampling?

To return from the existential angle, and look at this in a more practical level. I just don't see how the thousands or even millions of gallons produced daily for use in the home cooking and food industry could possibly be produced by humans who biologically do not naturally create the "copious" amounts of milk that say a cow or camel does. Of course there could be steroids created that would increase milk production in those willing participants...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i bet yah can taste the difference.....ive had goat milk before, dont care for it much, defiantly tastes different from cows......im sure you could tell human milk is different in a taste test.....doubt most could tell what it is exactly but they could tell its different from cows.......and for the record i dont find it revolting.......course i cant figure out why most dont like lamb......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont even want to get into the story of watching my friend accidentally drink milk that his mother had produced for the baby, and stored in a milk jug, the expression on his face was the most hillarious thing ive seen, while he commented "why does this milk taste so freaking bad" and after carefully observing the jug and seeing in small writing "Babies Milk, do not drink" he about puked. I understand coming from his own mother that is gross all in itself, but human milk is different than cows milk. like Goat milk is different as well...goat milk is gross >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But again, we are resorting to saying "______ milk IS gross" with no proof of WHY it receives the name of "gross". There needs to be a description that explains or expresses the same level of "grossness" of it to everyone, otherwise it isn't "gross", it is only "gross" to you. There are millions of people who drink goat and camel milk everyday who do not think it's "gross" at all. In fact some of them find cow's milk gross and disgusting, the Hindu printer lady at my job for example eschews all beef products including cow milk. She drinks goat milk and the Somalis drink Camel milk.

Again, I'd like someone to try to tell me WHY it is gross. Call your pal and see if he can tell you in exact terms the "grossness" of his accidental milk ingestion experience and report back to us anything concrete (testable/verifiable) that he can tell you about what he remembers before he knew what he was drinking. For instance: does it smell differently, is it discolored, are there chunks floating in it, had it "separated" similar to blood and plasma does when it sits, etc. ?

As far as marketing goes remember most mass market milk is pasteurized so any finished product would likely be different than anything "straight from the tap".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    i dont even want to get into the story of watching my friend accidentally drink milk that his mother had produced for the baby, and stored in a milk jug, the expression on his face was the most hillarious thing ive seen, while he commented "why does this milk taste so freaking bad" and after carefully observing the jug and seeing in small writing "Babies Milk, do not drink" he about puked. I understand coming from his own mother that is gross all in itself, but human milk is different than cows milk. like Goat milk is different as well...goat milk is gross >_<
    Ugh - just reading that made me revolt a little...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, revoltion is often our brain subconsciously protecting us. Perhaps it percieves some threat from drinking breast milk. I certainly don't have a definite answer, I just know my bounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler goat milk "can" taste like cows but if it is not fresh,the goats are not the right breed or what they are fed can make it taste goaty.
    I've had milk that is really goaty(really don't care) and 95% cow-like.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast