Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal importation of seeds into the USA

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I edited my previous post a second time to include a copy of the email. The email doesn't state outright that going to the local department is part of the activation process. When clicking the link, I can't remember what it said exactly, but I dealt with having to show my picture ID and the officials having to aid in the activation process. I believe they do it from their side.

No problem Av. I wished I could have completed the process, but it's a pain in the ****. Hopefully they will allow me to reapply at a later date.

I can only image how much a NZ phytosanitary certificate would cost. Probably enough to make me cry ha.

Lol you're the first person that's told me my avatar is scary lol. I was hesitant on using it because I didn't want to offend anyone on here (though I use it for everything else). If it's offensive, I'll change it.

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    offended?.... err no just scared me, i remember some of my younger days waking up and feeling like that after a night of partying hard

One morning I got up after such a night, started brushing my teeth and noticed my mouth was burning... looked down and discovered I had put Ben-Gay on my toothbrush

(hehehehehehehe neener neener neener )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I clicked the activation link to see what it had to say. My account is currently inactive. It says it's due to me exceeding my seven day limit or due to another issue with activating my account. The issue is probably due to me not going down to the local office. I know I clicked the link for activation after the 20 minute time interval (before the 7 day period was up). It seems they leave the activation process a bit vague.

I had printed off that info that probably would tell us exactly what we need to know........but it's long gone.

Crystal

Edit: And that's why I don't party...LOL!

I realize my info is a bit lacking and so is my memory on the exact process. Just to be safe, I'd recommend just making sure you can take care of everything within the seven day period. It's looking like it's going to be a pain for me to get my account reactivated. What fun.

EDIT again: I reread the email again:

Before you can use your account with Level 2 access you must do the following:

1. Please wait approximately 20 minutes from the receipt of this email before you can activate your account with Level 2 access.
    2. Activate your account within 7 days of the receipt of this email.
    3. Click ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT

NOTE: Once you click the activation link, you will have an account with limited access that allows you to review your account information online.

Then it starts taking about making an appointment and such to present your government assigned ID. They finish the activation process on their end after your identification is verified.
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, ill post any additional info after I complete that step as well...

(ahhhh it was a different time hon, mid to late 70's... I use to be schizophrenic, but we are feeling much better now )

hehe silly thang,
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I did another edit up there .

I was so born in the wrong era. Oh I see, so when you drank, you had to drink for each of you eh? J/k .

Crystal
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a heck of a challenge to get through the process. DON'T forget your password and DO log in every 6 months or so. I became inactive after not logging on for over a year, go figure and then to get them to respond to an e-mail reauthorizing your account took over a month. Now about the delay in seed shipments.......................... I can confirm at least 6 weeks from Australia to Illinois. That was with everything I did to make things super easy for the inspectors to pass my stuff through the process. Arrggghhh !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I called the USDA office in the county where I live... they told me (and I quote) that they were gun shy of doing such things and I would have to call the main office at the state level. Then get state to call the local office and ok it... so i called state office and left a voice mail.

sheesh,

Next I called the local office in the county where I work... "no problem, come on in". Excellent...I got there and begun the process. Since I have a farm I was already in the database.. good thing right?... err no LOL

The record of my farm had my middle initial listed on the same line as my first name, my level two record had my name and middle initial listed seperately and both had different primary phone numbers listed.

So these two databases had to be updated to match... no biggie once it was figured out how, about this time the main office at the state levell called the local office telling them I was wanting assistance in this matter... hey he is here and we have him just about taken care of

we're sorry it took so long.... we dont do many of these, you should receive an email shortly

Congratulations applicant

You have successfully completed the necessary requirements to update your USDA eAuthentication account to Level 2 access. You now have the ability to conduct official electronic business transactions with the USDA via the Internet.

One hour after your account with Level 2 access has been activated by the USDA Service Center employee, you should have access to conduct official electronic business transactions with the USDA via the Internet.

You can view or update your account information by clicking UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT. You can also access your account information from the USDA eAuthentication web site at http://www.eauth.egov.usda.gov.

If you need further assistance, please email the ITS Service Desk at eAuthHelpDesk@ftc.usda.gov or call 800-457-3642.

Please include the following information in your email:

Your first and last name
    Your eAuthentication User ID
    Indicate whether you are a public customer, federal employee, state, or district employee
    If you are a federal employee, provide the name of your employing agency
    The URL (Web Address) of the Web site or application you were attempting to access
    The text of any error messages and a detailed description of the problem

quest over, all things considered it was not too bad after all
    Av

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast