User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 63

Thread: Legal importation of seeds into the USA

  1. #49
    Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did this too

  2. #50
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I just activated an account and submitted permit requests. You can renew permits online.
    yup, found it too.... when you go to the create application utility there is an option for "renew"

  3. #51
    mobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was asked if I could send Cephalotus seeds to the USA last year, but I concluded that the paperwork was just not worth the hassle. It's far easier to export seeds to Canada.

  4. #52
    RL7836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    I was asked if I could send Cephalotus seeds to the USA last year, but I concluded that the paperwork was just not worth the hassle. It's far easier to export seeds to Canada.
    As Av said above, the USA person who has the permit should make it easy on the person sending the seeds. To try & keep things simple, I've gone as far as sending a pre-addressed padded envelope, complete with all paperwork. The sender just needs to place the seeds inside, seal envelope & place postage on it.

    Even without doing all that, there should be nothing difficult on the sender's end if the USA person has done things properly.... (imho)
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

    *** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

  5. #53
    mobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    As Av said above, the USA person who has the permit should make it easy on the person sending the seeds. To try & keep things simple, I've gone as far as sending a pre-addressed padded envelope, complete with all paperwork. The sender just needs to place the seeds inside, seal envelope & place postage on it.

    Even without doing all that, there should be nothing difficult on the sender's end if the USA person has done things properly.... (imho)
    If the person interested did as you do then I would have no issues with sending. For me, having to find out the countries paperwork requirements for a few quids worth of seeds was not worth it.

  6. #54
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    As Av said above, the USA person who has the permit should make it easy on the person sending the seeds. To try & keep things simple, I've gone as far as sending a pre-addressed padded envelope, complete with all paperwork. The sender just needs to place the seeds inside, seal envelope & place postage on it.

    Even without doing all that, there should be nothing difficult on the sender's end if the USA person has done things properly.... (imho)
    About 5 years ago when I initiated this permit, all I had to do was mail a copy of the paperwork and the yellow & green stamps to Sheila Little. She did the rest and things went smoothly.

  7. #55

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sent to the US plenty of times and so long as the Yellow and Green sticker and relevant docs are sent, there are no hassles whatsoever.

  8. #56
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seandew View Post
    I've sent to the US plenty of times and so long as the Yellow and Green sticker and relevant docs are sent, there are no hassles whatsoever.
    LOL! We speak the same language... so to speak! Go Bills!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •