What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People are pouring out into the streets...

And once again, after considerable partisan-flavored debate, Rattler and I come to full agreement. :D

Capslcok

well if yah aint figured it out yet i aint so much pro McCain as i am anti Obama........ :D

push comes to shove if yah look at my posts from 5 or 6 months ago i equated the choice between the two as deciding weither yah want to be hit by a wood or aluminum baseball bat.......

also i am pretty well grounded in reality....anyone who is can see the stupidity of a bailout and the problems it will create.....yah can debate weither those problems are worth your predicted end result(which is also up for debate, what the end result will be) but yah cant push those problems out of the picture

Yeh, well pretty much everyone feels that they are well grounded in reality, even those far from it. How many people do you know who are not "grounded in reality" know it themselves? "Reality"is described by the individual in most cases, and whether or not someones individual reality conforms to the "real world" is wholly subjective.

As for the bill, I cannot say that I feel sorry for those individuals and companies that made bad and risky decisions in what was known to be a bubble environment. But when these people's collective misfortunes risk to bring the whole flipping system to a halt, then I feel bad. Not for them, but for all of us. I dont want these people to take us down with them

Yeh, well pretty much everyone feels that they are well grounded in reality, even those far from it. How many people do you know who are not "grounded in reality" know it themselves? "Reality"is described by the individual in most cases, and whether or not someones individual reality conforms to the "real world" is wholly subjective.

ahhhhhhhhh yah got a point there......suppose i should see a shrink? :D

Unfortunately, no one can get very far in an election without pledging allegiance to big finance. Anyone who would do something about the problem won't get anywhere near the controls. The key going forward is that if a company is too big to fail, it can't be allowed to exist in the first place.

Watching TV this afternoon and tonight has been fascinating..

We know that the average citizen was strongly against the bailout..this forum alone proved that..
So congress gives us what we want for once..this is a GOOD thing right?
one would think..

but EVERY news channel, from the local Rochester news stations, to the 6:00 ABC/NBC/CBS network news, to all the cable news channels, CNN, MSNBC, even Fox News, they ALL are going on and on and on about how TERRIBLE it is that the bill didnt pass today!

its almost surreal to watch..
we all know the media has a major disconnect from actual people..the media is really in its own little alien world out there..
but wow..this really shows it in such an obvious and scary way..

Scot

yeah.......have to say the main stream media has been torquing me off more than either party this election.........

Foreign media outlets are freaking out too. They have to explain that it failed because so many average Americans are opposed to it, and the less diplomatic ones might make offhand comments on where Americans keep their brains.

Apparently, some foreign heads of state sent Bush a few messages...

I know my 403b account has taken a heavy hit the last couple weeks... even being well diversified Ive still lost thousands... and Im better off then most, some have lost 25% of their retirement in one week

and another big arse hit today, I'm sick to my stomach tonight...

sigh..
Av

its almost surreal to watch..
we all know the media has a major disconnect from actual people..the media is really in its own little alien world out there..
but wow..this really shows it in such an obvious and scary way..

Scot

Yep, couldn't agree more. And what's more, they'll just add to the panic and worsen the problem.

I know my 403b account has taken a heavy hit the last couple weeks... even being well diversified Ive still lost thousands... and Im better off then most, some have lost 25% of their retirement in one week

and another big arse hit today, I'm sick to my stomach tonight...

sigh..
Av

Yeah - my portfolio is quite aggressive, and it's taking a brutal beating. But - I'm young, and I'm sure I'll see this happen a few more times, so I'm trying not to get panicky.

I'm also sick about this as I'm about to be laid off, and now is not a good time to be looking for a job. All that said, I'm still against a bailout. We must let the markets sort themselves out, and not artificially prop them up. It's a wake up call for this country, one that's been a long time coming.

It will be very interesting to see what happens the next few days. I'm especially interested to see how the worlds markets respond. We could be dragging a lot of markets down with us. Good ol' global economy.

Back