User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 82

Thread: Preview of Vice-Presidential Debate

  1. #17
    Your one and only pest! Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Speculation/Conspiracy Theory



    A ludicrous and false statement.



    Another distorted and warped statement.



    More like the people that killed 4,000 Americans went into hiding in caves and other bordering countries.



    Importing $700 Billion dollars of foreign oil has done more to bankrupt our economy.



    Your opinion is based on spite, hatred and emotion and not reason.



    Explain why his voting record is less with Bush, while Obama's is 96% with his party. Also it isn't news that McCain and Bush have had it out in regards to policies, especially with Iraq. Your attempt to tie McCain to Bush is nothing but groundless Obama propaganda.



    Maybe if you believe that 1) McCain and Bush agree on every issue, which is flat out wrong and 2) You believe the President has a magic wand and can make everything better. Bush was dealt with a lot in his 8 years, and people like yourself forget what this country has been through. He made it his mission to keep this country from another attack, and has succeeded. Sure he failed in many regards domestically, including getting this country independent from foreign oil and the way the war was handled. However if you believe that this country is in the state that we are in soley because of Bush and Iraq, you are naive. Our economic problems have been long-waiting. It was only a matter of time before the supply and demand of oil got out of control. It was only a matter of time before the mortgage crisis occurred, which can be tracked back to Jimmy Carter, who made banks become relaxed on giving out loans.
    1. oh, so you are saying that he went to war for no reason then?

    2. oh, so you are saying that even if he hadn't waited 2 weeks to go to New Orleans no one would have been saved? or that he hasn't sent Americans to war costing them their lives.

    3. so you are saying he hasn't been killing citizens in irac?

    4. still let them go

    5. instead of founding are war going nowhere, gore would have spent money on environmentally friendly energy that doesn't require fossil fuel

    6. so you think a smart person would do all those things? you a blind sighted if you think bush helped us more then hurt us. retarded isn't the right word, but I think he is extremely stupid.

    either way i don't really care who wins both suck but, you can't say bush was a good president as 80% of the U.S. population thinks he is a horrible president. Also why the hell do republicans assume that the soldiers in Irac don't want to surrender and come home? Rattler don't dare bring up a video, it is easy to find 1 who supports the republican parter, but have they taken a mass vote? All I have seen supporting them was a bunch of veterans and stuff who aren't THERE.

  2. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since McCain has dubbed himself as the agent of change, I wonder if the McCain supporters would cite the major differences between McCain's positions and Bush's policies on important issues such as Iraq and the economy.

  3. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outsiders71, You are opposed to entitlements, so you oppose Social Security. Apparently, you are not of an age to qualify for it or close to it, as I have not met anyone receiving Social Security benefits who opposes it. These people are glad they contributed to Social Security so that they could receive its benefits. Many people survive on Social Security benefits, and without it they would be destitute and homeless. You say you are also against socialism. So should government stop building and maintaining roads and highways, parks, hospitals, elementary and secondary schools, universities and colleges?

  4. #20
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Outsiders71, You are opposed to entitlements, so you oppose Social Security. Apparently, you are not of an age to qualify for it or close to it, as I have not met anyone receiving Social Security benefits who opposes it. These people are glad they contributed to Social Security so that they could receive its benefits. Many people survive on Social Security benefits, and without it they would be destitute and homeless.
    You are correct they contributed, which is why I said give them back every penny they put into the broken Social Security system and let them manage it. There are people receiving Social Security benefits who haven't put a dime in the system and some can't even speak one word of English.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    You say you are also against socialism. So should government stop building and maintaining roads and highways, parks, hospitals, elementary and secondary schools, universities and colleges?
    Tropics, none of those elements are Socialist.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  5. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Tropics, none of those elements are Socialist.
    Actually those are all socialist ideas as roads and highways are not necessary we could all travel on dirt two tracts across other peoples land, thinking you deserve medical care is entitlement there goes hosipitals better call the witchdoctor. Parks public property for everyone to use that is maintained by the government that only exists if people think they deserve it. Also who said everyone has a right to an education whether its primary school, high school, or a university education we should make people pay for it all themselves so only the rich can read and write and know math and science otherwise we are being socialists and well thats something so many people are opposed to, so the schools have to go.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  6. #22
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Socialist and socialist aren't the same and it's the same as the difference between Democratic & democratic or Republican & republican. Socialist means Socialist party, with a specific agenda of government control of production and all that. Unfortunately, a lot of people use "socialist" to mean the same as the capitalized word, a mistake us Americans don't make with with democratic or republican. Others, including , Ktulu, Tropics and me, use it in the broadest sense of being something a government entity does instead of leaving it to private parties. Others throw the word like a molotov cocktail whenever they don't approve of something. The classic verbal bomb is to call something fascist, which is unfortunate because it means we can't use the word anymore for actual instances of fascism. Try to save the word for when it's appropriate and really needed.
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  7. #23
    SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Greenswamp, NC
    Posts
    13,747
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bush got us in a war for no other reason than revenge.
    Speculation/Conspiracy Theory
    It's more like a personal opinion. Back in 2000, before he was appointed president by the supreme court, I told my wife that if he was elected that one of his top priorities was to take out Saddam. I knew that because of one of the things that was considered his father greatest failures was not taking him out. So Bush jr wanted to finish what his daddy failed to do. Also Saddam put a hit out on his daddy, so it became even more personal. He JR was appointed , his whole cabinet were top military men. He knew what he wanted to do. He used the blood of the people that died on 9/11 to settle his score. He put more effort in Iraq than Bin Laddan. If he had put half of that money and effort in Afganastan, Alqeida and Bin Laddan would be dead and gone now. I think this makes him guilty of treason, and the penalty for treason is death. I think every person that lost a family member on 9/11 should be outraged by what he has done.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Bush killed thousands of Americans.

    A ludicrous and false statement.
    Casualties in Iraq
    The Human Cost of Occupation

    Edited by Margaret Griffis :: Contact
    American Military Casualties in Iraq
    Date
    Total
    In Combat
    American Deaths
    Since war began (3/19/03):41773383
    Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list)
    4038
    3275
    Since Capture of Saddam (12/13/03):37163077
    Since Handover (6/29/04):33112758
    Since Election (1/31/05):27312496
    American WoundedOfficialEstimated
    Total Wounded:30680Over 100000
    Latest Fatality Oct. 1, 2008
    Page last updated 10/3/08 11:55 am EDT

    http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Bush killed tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands non Americans.

    Another distorted and warped statement.


    Documented civilian deaths from violence
    88,036 – 96,104


    http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Bush let the people that killed 4000 Americans go free.

    More like the people that killed 4,000 Americans went into hiding in caves and other bordering countries.
    And then bush turned his back and used the terroist attacks to attack Iraq. He still let them go.

    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Bush has almost bankrupted our country.
    Importing $700 Billion dollars of foreign oil has done more to bankrupt our economy.
    True, but bush economic policies has taken a huge effect on our country. He's backrupt every business he's ever ran. He headed an oil company that couldn't find oil in Texas. When he owned the Rangers, he traded Sammy Sosa. Now he's almost ran our economy into the ground.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    I consider anybody that would do even half of these things severely retarded.

    Your opinion is based on spite, hatred and emotion and not reason.
    Yes my opinion is based on spite, hatred, emotion and reason. I've stated a few reasons, but I have plenty more. Some of them personal.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Almost all of McCains policies are identical to Bush's.

    Explain why his voting record is less with Bush, while Obama's is 96% with his party. Also it isn't news that McCain and Bush have had it out in regards to policies, especially with Iraq. Your attempt to tie McCain to Bush is nothing but groundless Obama propaganda.
    Here's the way MSNBC put's it.

    The DNC chairman contends that McCain is, in fact, “as conservative as they come,” and his administration would preserve “the radical right’s hateful social agenda.” He adds, “Like President Bush,” McCain follows a “shoot first, ask questions second” foreign policy strategy, supports tax cuts for the wealthy as well as corporations that ship jobs overseas, and promises to appoint “Bush-style” judges who will overturn Roe vs. Wade.
    Bush was dealt with a lot in his 8 years,
    Oh poor bush jr. He created most of what he has went through by invading Iraq.

    and people like yourself forget what this country has been through
    Dead wrong. I remember what we have been trough. We were attacted and Bush turned his back on the American people.

    He made it his mission to keep this country from another attack,
    No he made it his mission to take out Saddam. It was eight years between the first Trade Center attack and 9/11. So I guess Clinton did a great job of preventing another attack too.

    I know that our problems run deeper than Iraq, but Iraq made everything A LOT worse.

    Bush's own party has turned against him. They didn't even want him at the republican convention.

    I think right wing Bill O'reilly says it best.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDou01X5d28

  8. #24
    rattler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    missing, presumed dead
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing to keep in mind.........in the last 6 months we have lost more Americans to violent deaths(murder) in Chicago than Iraq..........can we pull out of Chicago? please?

    Ozzy i agree with yah more or less on alot of the premise of the war......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •