What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's here!

I came home today and I saw that my snake was in it's tank! :D He's much smaller than I expected, but that makes him so cuute.. Right now he's halfay under a hiding place so I can't get a good picture, but if he comes out I'll get one.

Edit: He moved up into a plant and is all curled up in it, so I got a chance at a picture. I decided to name him Lance
Lance.jpg

Nice, what kind of snake is he?

Looks like a type of cornsnake from what I can see, pretty colors!

He is a baby candy cane cornsnake, very cute to.

I found him crawling along the edge just under the lid. Hard to see through the glass but you can sortof see him.
Lance001.jpg

Awesome. He's so cute :3

The pictures are blurry, but in 5-7 days, if I can wait, I'll be able to take him out and get some much clearer pictures.

Nice snake, pretty colors. So were you expecting this snake? The way you worded it, you said you came home and saw that your snake was in it's tank. Was it lost before or what? I guess not since you just named him, lol.

Aww! Cute little Candy cane corn I'm glad your giving him time to adjust smalle snakes can be a bit afraid being small and in a new enviroment just be patient with him/her when you go to handle him since he's small he might get a little scared when you go to pick him up and try to go out of your hands like my second corn did when she was young or Lance might take to handling just fine.

With feeding wait for 48 hours to handle him after feeding to allow him to digest his food good also all three of my corns would climb on the top like that after they grew a bit bigger they stoped and just climbed around their branches.

Here's a few books you could get to help
I got these at reptile shows, but amazon.com lists them also kathy loves site she sells the books there too.

I own this book it's pretty good lots of pictures and info on the cornsnakes aurther is Kathy & Bill love
Corn Snake Manual

I own this one to it's the updated book pretty muchly the author is the same as above has nice pictures and good information on caring for corns, diseases, and information on most of the different colors of corns.
Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide

This morning I didn't see him so I thought he dug down to the heater because it was cold, but when I got home from school I couldn't find him. I dug in the bedding and checked in his hides and I don't think he's even in the tank. He could be anywhere in the house by now. Where would I look for him? Would he go down the heater vent? Is there anything I can put out to lure him back?

Hmm you checked everywhere in the tank? Mine gotten out before when I accidently forgot to close the lid when cleaning their water bowls out after that I made sure they were shut and had books on each end or clamps on the lid.

Check everywhere in the bedding, under the waterbowl, behind stuff and if he's not there check everywhere in the room you keep him check under the bed in box, under things my ghost corn went under his water bowl and dug around alot when he was young now he can't do it because I have a heavier bowl..

I'm not sure about luring him though I hope you find him I'll try to look up stuff about this later.

This forum mainly deals with cornsnakes and some orther reptiles maybe they can help you more?
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/

Guess who I found! :D One of my walls is a big door that folds out to the ground for bikes to come in. He was in the hinge area. I tried to get him but he went under it. We had to open the huge wall door and I got him. He was all coiled up and cold. Right now he's eating a pinky mouse.

Glad you found him what kind of tank set up do you have any pictures of the whole thing also put some weight on the top to prevent this from happening again specially since he's still so tiny right now I'd put two books on the top one on each side to prevent him from getting out like that I've been so lucky mine was found in my room pretty quick.

I'm glad he ate for you that's a good sign I fed my two corns today once I can handle them I'll take pictures of mine to show what yours will grow into haha. :-))

Here's some pictures of my gang the first one is my female Normal corn named Jade the second picture and third is my Anery named Dante and the last two is Yoshi my Amel. corn snake he/she is my first corn snake I got him as a christmass gift and last year he died he lived for around 15 or 16 years and I think he was around 4feet or more the best corn snake I'll ever own.. :-(
jade1ze6.th.png
danteon3.th.png

dante2dp8.th.png

yoshilh0.th.png

yoshi2yi5.th.png

I'll post better pictures of my other two corns since I have a digital camera now those pics were disposable..

make sure you find out where he escaped, I suggest you also look around for velcro, a lot of stores like home depot sell it and it does wonders for keeping SMALL critters from lifting the lid. I hope the pinky mouse slows him down to digest so he won't escape again.

I stuffed wads of duct tape into the corners where there were little gaps, and I have two pieces of wood holding the lid down. Some locks just arrived but I don't want to put them on now, I have to take the lid off and he just ate yesterday so that will probably scare him. Maybe later if he comes down off his plant away from the lid I'll quietly put the locks on. Cool looking snakes bluebird :) Ant, what is veil core? Is it some kind of tape?

opps, I meant velcro.

How can you typo "veil core" for "velcro"? o_O

I'm so glad you found him and that he's eating for you :)

Back