What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why congress shouldnt be in charge of fixing the economy

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Here's the actual text of the bailout bill. Now up to 450 pages.

http://senateconservatives.com/2008/10/01/text-of-wall-street-bailout/

Earmarks included and sections they are in.

- Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
- Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
- 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill.
- Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
- American Samoa (Sec. 309)
- Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
- Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
- Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
- Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
- Railroads (Sec. 316)
- Auto Racing Tracks (317)
- District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
- Wool Research (Sec. 325)

That's ridiculous.

And the text is so BIG too.

Congress is pretty backwards these days.

The whole thing is full of "earmarks" (like air conditioner repair and oversight?) The list above looks to me like these are just the ones picked out that certain people don't agree with. I could go through there and find stuff I do and don't like too.It's mammalian politics folks, someone always has their snout in the trough until someone in the troupe starts to hoot and howl and throw their feces then everyone gets into the fray call this an earmark and that an earmark. Whereas when it's their pet project it's "necessary", "detrimental", "transcendental" (!) or any other impressive adjective they can conjure up.

i read a chunk of the above listed ones......some of them do have exactly nothing to do with what the bailout is supposed to be about............

Yeah that crap really chaps my hide. They always sneak in all this extra crap and spending. Our gov't is so broken and it just gets worse. "By the people, for the people" my arse.

But, I need my rum, and I love wool!

That's ridiculous.

And the text is so BIG too.

Congress is pretty backwards these days.

Please note: The United States Congress does not take responsibility for the inability of its constituents to zoom out while viewing a PDF or any other file format.

;)

Back