What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I bought one anyway!

Well, even though many of you guys tried to talk me out of it in case I didn't like it, here she is:
sirius1.jpg

sirius2.jpg

This is the Sirius brand of psychedelic toy or as the high fallutin' people call them "brain wave stimulator". This isn't the model I was asking about earlier which had the built in CD player because that one wouldn't activate the glasses without the preprogrammed disks from the manufacturer and I really only like my own music (metal, classical and darkwave / ambient).

This model has the standard computer noises synced to the lights and this feature is fully programmable. But I didn't buy it for that. The custom user settings allow you to hookup an external walkman CD/MP3 player and sync it to your own music without any of the computer sounds. It comes with a jumper cord for the walkman headphone jack to the Sirius. It also has an internal mic built into the Sirius handset/controller for use in other situations like concerts, outside with nature sounds, lectures, etc. The two user settings are highly sensitive / programmable for light intensity and music sensitivity. Definitely the best entertainment $ I've spent in a long time, I was nervous about dropping the money having never been able to test one out anywhere. I don't get why there are systems for 4 times the price which do the same thing and some of those pricier units don't even have the mic for outdoor / concert settings or extrenal CD capacity - you're stuck with the silly bleeps, blorks and bloops. With this model you get it "all".

Anyway, if anyone else was curious about em and worried about spending the dough, this model is really fun!

Does it do a good job of 'stimulating your mind?' :)

Looks to be all-around really awesome!

It's really just a personal light show inside the glasses that you can sync in intensity to music. They give it a snazzy name to justify the (sometimes) insane prices. Combining with pranayama (deep breathing) in the dragon, god or corpse positions of asana (yoga) is very invigorating, I will probably be able to get more into the "relaxing" states of it after the newness wears off. Right now I still can't put it on without thinking "oh boy I've finally got one after waiting 10-15 years to try one of these..." lol

LMAO!! HE he he I am glad you like it. I agree wait another 10-15 years then we will be able to go places in our minds literally. :-D

Anything to further consciousness exploration! Visualization and relaxation exercises are great for anyone's health, this is just an extremely fun enhancement! The range and variety of what you can experience is simply amazing depending on the music you use and the adjustments you make on the light and sound sensitivity setting flywheels. Electropsychology! I'm anxious to show it to my pal (an ex writer of my Battle Helm mag) who is nowadays a drug/alcohol addiction counselor & child psychologist and see what he thinks of it. Get a "professional opinion" as it were!

Do you know of something new & exciting that's coming up in the next years? They always hyped Virtual Reality years ago but I was disappointed with the low resolution (back then). I tried the VR machines at the Mall of America but it was like being inside a damn 1980s Atari game, very non-reality! Like being in Tron kinda! :)

It's really just a personal light show inside the glasses that you can sync in intensity to music. They give it a snazzy name to justify the (sometimes) insane prices. Combining with pranayama (deep breathing) in the dragon, god or corpse positions of asana (yoga) is very invigorating, I will probably be able to get more into the "relaxing" states of it after the newness wears off. Right now I still can't put it on without thinking "oh boy I've finally got one after waiting 10-15 years to try one of these..." lol

Sounds dangerous and fun all rolled into one! Watch out for seizures! :)

That's what the little sticker is inside the glasses. Really, it's not any more seizure inducing (to me) than going to any of the 100's of concerts I've been to over the years by bands who use light shows and pyro. If someone does have those kinds of flashing light reactions I can see how this thing would set them off in no time. But I doubt someone with those problems would even consider shelling out the money for something that would surely set them off since MTV (when they played music videos) and video games do. For the rest of us, using the variable flywheel you can adjust the brightness/intensity so if you're eyes start to squint while closed then that's set too high turn the dial back so it's comfortable (you don't use these with your eyes open).

Back