What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post VP debate thread

Palin is a young-earth creationist! She seriously believes Jesus is returning during her life time, which makes her position in regards to the nuclear codes that much more scary.

your point? dont care.....have seen no proof of her trying to truly force this on others....said before i dont care if its pushed in school so long as evolution is to cause it will encourage critical thinking sorely lacking in our nations school system

Obama graduated near the top of his class from Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, and was editor of the Harvard Law Review. There really is no comparison on capacity here.

yep editor of the law review where he contributed very lil......like in the Senate in Illinois where he voted "present" 3/4's of the time......

Yep, pretty much.

Survey USA Biden 51% Palin 32%
Undecided 17%

MediaCurves.com tracked independent voters, showing them breaking to Biden 67% to Palin 33%.

CNN/Opinion Research Biden 51 Palin 36

CBS Biden 46 Palin 21

Fox Biden 61 Palin 39

Unscientific (call in) polls were more overwhelming than these, as were the networks "focus groups."

Capslock

PS: Oh, and my point about the young earth creationist thing is that it shows she's retarded. Seriously.

is that your final answer?

and these are also most of the networks that gave Biden a pass on his errors but took after Palin for hers and Biden made more than she did and far worse ones........

the polls i was going to bring up, one was horribly biased given the reader ship shows Palin ahead 70% to 28%...............the other more unbiased, the AOL one showed Palin with a 2% lead...

I don't look at polls for elections. Why? Because how do we know that these numbers aren't just made up? I mean, these polls CLAIM to be the votes of who people think did better, but how do we know they just aren't made up numbers for who the news channel likes? Just a thought I had.

which is why i brought up the whole Gore having a 10 point lead in the polls up to and including the election day......i dont put alot of faith in them even if they are telling me what i want to hear

Actually I agree with you on this. Most polls aren't nearly as accurate as they seem. I'm just saying as a measure of who won the debate, it's all we have. And it is an indication of who won, just a rough one due to the nature of polling.

Max

alright......for those who made fun of Palins pronunciation.......please tell me where Obama's Pokistan is?

What do you think Couric asked that was so biased or out to ream her? Those questions were softballs. I could have answered them. Easily. That was a puff piece, not a trap. Out to rip her a new one? Did you even watch it? It was gentle!

If you took your blinders off you could see she attacked her on everything that is counter to Couric's feministic views.

Every major poll showed a Biden victory in the debate, and national polls trended towards Obama after the Biden debate. I'm a news junky, Outsiders - I look at tons of sources, right and left leaning.

Once again did you vote in that poll? Polls are only good if everyone takes the time to participate and guess what nobody does. I'd like to see the actual total number of votes in that poll. The people who are for Obama say Obama did better. The people who are for McCain vote that McCain did better. Do you think that people are honestly going to grade their candidate fairly?

I watched the debate and listened to the political analysts on several of the stations after the debate. They all pretty much said it was a draw and that Palin did a great job destroying the caricature that the media has been trying to draw.

The mainstream corporate media has no bias except for a corporatist bias and sensationalist bias. The fact is that the McCain camp is shielding Palin from the media because she says embarrassing things. Nobody else is hidden from the media like that. Just Palin. And it's not right. If she's going to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, she has to be able to handle Kaite Couric's softball questions.

You're being naive if you believe there is no media bias. Heck MSNBC had to lock up Olbermann and Matthews because their slanted skewed journalism created a backlash at the RNC and their ratings.

You are also naive if you can't see that Couric is the polar opposite of Palin. They fundamentally disagree on each others views.

Oh, by the way, as far as Pastors go, Palin palls around with crazy witch doctors, Outsiders. Witch. Doctors. Crazy-*** witch doctors. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/17/202137/657

Capslock

How is Pastor Muthee a "witch doctor"? Secondly I know you understand that the majority of the people in the United States believe in a God, such as myself, so why is it surprising to you that there is another force out there besides God? Witch craft, sorcery, demons... if God exists then these things exist as well. BTW, just a FYI, dailykos is a liberal media outlet in case you thought they were independent thinkers.

Palin is a young-earth creationist! She seriously believes Jesus is returning during her life time, which makes her position in regards to the nuclear codes that much more scary.

OK this is a crock of poop. Show me a clip of Palin saying these things. She never did. It was made up garbage from a second hand source. Secondly no one knows for sure how old the Earth is. Thirdly, Jesus could come at anytime.

She just got her first passport last year! In school, she bounced around to multiple universities before getting a journalism degree from Idaho, where people don't seem to even remember her.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/university_of_idaho_professors.html

I don't have a passport, do you? Are you trying to suggest that a passport is the key to understanding and having solutions to foreign policy questions? That's laughable.

You're snubbing her because she went to different colleges?

Obama graduated near the top of his class from Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, and was editor of the Harvard Law Review. There really is no comparison on capacity here.

Capslock

President's aren't picked by the colleges they attend or the GPA's they maintain. There is no degree in college that corresponds to the Presidency. It's amazing how liberals cling to college, as if it's the source of all enlightenment. It's been my experience that those who have degrees, aren't as educated as you're expectations would lead you to think.

So shall we base everything of Obama and Biden based on an interview with Bill O'reilly? Couric never meant to interview Palin, she was out to rip her a new one.

Rip her a new one? Hardly. Any sort of media bias, in my opinion, is solely based on the McCain campaign (especially in regard to Governor Palin) since she has been hidden. Her third interview in just over a month since she was made the nominee? Seriously? Of course she's going to get the "heavy" and "hard" questions since she hasn't said anything of substance, except attacking Obama (if you call that substance). And by "heavy" and "hard" I simply mean questions that a VP candidate should be able to answer. Could it be possibly be that maybe Palin was so under-prepared and lacked so much knowledge in that interview that even Mary Poppins would seem to be "ripping her a new one?"

First off polls mean nothing. Did you answer to the poll? Did I? Did anybody on here? No. Polls are simple. Whoever is in favor of X says X wins. The people who are "undecided" are leaners, meaning they aren't sitting in the dead middle, they have a good idea already who they are voting for. So in other words it means nothing.

Polls mean nothing? The basic statistic class I took in college shows that polls do mean something. You are correct that whoever is in favor of X says X wins. It comes down to the method of polling and the sampling. Of course if you ask 100 McCain supporters they will say McCain; but, it is ludicrous to think that mainstream polling by professional pollers would be skewed. Are you correct in thinking they are not 100% perfect? Yes, but that is why there is such a thing as a fundamental margin of error that is substantiated by statistical formulas.

Personally I want someone who has a good connect to the "Average person" how else are the things that matter to YOU and ME, the "Average" people, going to get done?

Can we not have both? I think we can, and I expect that we will.

They say things like "I don;t care if you don't work. I still want to give you $1000 for your vote" That is what I hear with everything Obama says. I want to take from the rich and give it to the deadbeats who refuse to work hard to get ahead.

I hardly think that is what he is saying, at all. What he is clearly saying is "I want to take from the rich and help all the "deadbeats" in middle class who are only "deadbeats" because times happen to be tough right now.

xvart.

Capslock.....xvart........if you two think the major media is unbiased you do have your head in the sand........my wife who hates both Obama and McCain and consistently says she is voting for Ron Paul and who is a third generation newspaper publisher cannot believe how biased the major media is for Obama and against McCain........if the major media went after Obama half as hard as they have McCain we would have Clinton up there debating McCain and not Obama cause he would have been brushed to the side a year ago

Capslock.....xvart........if you two think the major media is unbiased you do have your head in the sand........my wife who hates both Obama and McCain and consistently says she is voting for Ron Paul and who is a third generation newspaper publisher cannot believe how biased the major media is for Obama and against McCain........if the major media went after Obama half as hard as they have McCain we would have Clinton up there debating McCain and not Obama cause he would have been brushed to the side a year ago

Exactly. It all started in the primaries, when it came down to Clinton and Obama. That's when the MSM started advocating for Obama.

alright......for those who made fun of Palins pronunciation.......please tell me where Obama's Pokistan is?

Dont you know Rattler? Pokistan is where Obama is from:-))

I disagree about the media, and this is a very complex question over which we could go around and around. I've seen detailed analysis of media coverage that shows more favorable mentions of McCain than Obama.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-onthemedia27-2008jul27,0,2066363,full.story

But even so I don't think the media has ingrained right or left bias. The media is uniformly owned by giant corporations and billionaires. Defense contractors! They have an agenda to promote corporate interests, the interests of their parent corporations, and the interests of their shareholders (which is to seek ratings through sensationalism).

It's understandable that when the media reports on violence in Iraq, it seems to favor Obama. When it reports on the collapsing stock market, it favors Obama. When they talk about the trillion dollar bailout, it favors Obama. When they talk about our faltering efforts in Afghanistan, it favors Obama. When they report on climate change, it favors Obama. The sad truth is that REALITY has the appearance of a liberal bias to the supporters of the failed Bush regime. But when it comes to confronting the candidates, dwelling on issues, and showing favoritism, the above link shows you that it's McCain that gets the free ride, not Obama.

Capslock

so your going to use the LA times to prove your point? tougher on Obama in recent weeks? WTF where they a year ago before the primaries wwhen they tore down Clinton and left him untouched? Obama has been lightly scratched versus the efforts they went to to dig up dirt on Palin........

as far as the whole big corperation for Repubs and such, you realize if you go by average salery, the Demos in DC make more than the Repubs? there are just as many hard nosed democrats in big business as repubs......christ if you dont believe that your believing crap from 100 years ago is still very much relevant today as far as a parties stance.....

as far as the average working stiff an independent source thats been doing it for years states that McCain has voted 100% for the average tax payer on various issues that will keep his taxes low......Obama scores a whopping 18%.......and this is an organization thats just interested in tracking pork spending in DC and dont care who is doing it just reporting who does.........

Obama says one thing but has done another.......McCain backs up what he says with his record......im sorry you aint going to convince me that Obama aint trying to feed me BS and thats not something i put up with......hell my wife only lets 1 politician stay in the newspaper office for more than 5 minutes....she has kicked out the governor, the DC guys, and all state guys but one on a regular basis cause there is only one that doesnt try to shovel us a load of BS trying to say what they think they want us to hear....i guess ive just been raised to sit and watch what someone does and not listen so much as to what they say..........have sat and watched individuals who i thought were the most uncaring SOB's dive head long into community projects and help out those less fortunate than them to get ahead......and in the other group there are the idiots that bang a drum saying we need to do this or do that but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is you cant find them cause they are off doing their own thing...........what someone says to you face is one thing, what they do when they think you aint watching can be a whole different ball of wax.....what they do when push comes to shove means more to me than anything that comes out of their mouth.......and thats why you will never convince me Obama is a good thing, he is just another career politician.........no better, no worse and certainly aint change

OK Rattler, I'm calling you out. In backing up my statements, I've used a lot of sources, all of which you've claimed are some left-wing conspiracy. That's just not true. So far, I cannot use CNN, Fox (!!!), ABC, NBC, CBS, Rasmussen, Gallup, SurveyUSA, Factcheck.org, snopes, the NYT, and now the LA Times, who didn't even do the survey the article is about. It's clear you get all of your information from crazy conspiracy sites, since every mainstream source you've disqualified as hopelessly biased. In all of these posts, you haven't backed up a single point with a link or source. I've tried to keep my sources mainstream and back up my allegations thoroughly. I could link to Daily Kos, or Huffington Post, or Crooks and Liars, or any of various left-leaning blogs. But I've tried to stay mainstream. But if at every time you're going to dismiss the data because the mainstream source is, in your mind, the pawn of left-wing crazies (which doesn't make a lick of sense to the mega-corporations who own the media), then we're just not going to have a lot to talk about.

Capslock

yep Palin has ties to the oil industry..........she went in, took money from them and gave it to the citizens of Alaska......her husband was working for the oil companies UNTIL she decided to take them on at which point he resigned from his job and started fishing for a living........Finch yah should really look this stuff up.....Palin aint a joke, she has what it takes.......

Okay, I will research it a bit more. But the problem with Palin and finding information about her is the strong feelings she provokes... hard find anything that is not extremely biased.

As for polls, I seem to remember polls saying Kerry was ahead last election. Anyone remember that? Anyone? Seems to only poll that actually matters anyways is the poll where we pick the president. Every other poll just... does not matter

heres the difference Caps while all those may be technically going after Obama more if yah look at the stuff they go after him for they pull the punches way short on Obama and go for blood with McCain..........so yeah they go after Obama more by the numbers but they pull their punches with Obama.......intentionally.........

actually you would be surprised how lil i visit right wing news sights.....hell ive only been on Drudge twice......i aint a conspiracy theorist.......there is just plenty on Obama they are down playing that if it was McCain they would be flogging him with.......look how much the media supports Gore when pretty well all of us here think he is a retard......

look at how much they tried to squeeze blood from a rock with Palin's "trooper gate".......the guy she was supposedly going after was never fired so they went after her for firing the guys superior which was a man she APPOINTED and who says his firing has nothing to do with the trooper it was cause of budget issues.....yet the main stream media went after that ful tilt for awhile though there was no story.....i know ppl in Wasilla who said you wouldnt believe the freaking media that descended on them looking for dirt on Palin.......they didnt do that in Chicago........

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2008/10/broadcast-networks-refuse-ad-for-anti.html

ABC, NBC and CBS want to keep Obama's secrets
Author: 'Why would networks deny viewers the facts?'

Major broadcast networks ABC, NBC and CBS have decided to help Barack Obama hide his real agenda by refusing to accept advertisements for "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values," claims the new book's author, media expert Brad O'Leary.

These same networks, as well as Time-Warner, CW and Fox, which also declined ads for the book, however, will be running ads for "W," the new Oliver Stone movie with a highly charged political agenda, O'Leary noted.

"There are two possibilities," said O'Leary, a veteran political consultant, radio talk host and TV producer. "Either the mainstream media are trying to completely shut out messages critical of Obama, or they are afraid of legal action."

He explained the Obama campaign's opposition to the book's message includes a commitment to cite stations' "responsibility" under their licensing procedures should they air ads for the book.

The ads are simple and have been posted online. The first shows pictures of former presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan and asks if Obama would raise taxes above the threshold during those two administrations, something to which 75 percent of Americans are opposed, as O'Leary's book documents.

The second ad shows images of domestic terrorist William Ayers and questions Obama's relationship with him, another topic covered extensively in the book.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/09/26...chael-moores-and-senator-obamas-latest-books/

Jim Kouri, CPP
‘The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama’s War on American Values’ Outselling Michael Moore’s and Senator Obama’s Latest Books

2008-09-26 at 11:48 am · Filed under 2008, Analysis, Book Review, Conservatism, CounterPulse, Current Events, Hot Talk, NewsWax, OP/ED, Politics, Press Release, VOA, Vox Populi

Despite running into a censorship blockade in several media outlets, Brad O’Leary’s blockbuster new book, The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama’s War on American Values, is enjoying success thanks to the power of talk radio.

The book’s website, http://www.barackobamatest.com/, is also spreading like wildfire. The site has exploded on the electoral scene and attracted over a quarter million visitors in just two weeks.

All of this success has come despite Time Warner refusing to run paid print advertisements in the conglomerate’s Money and Fortune magazines. Surprisingly, paid advertising for the book was also rejected by nearly all Catholic diocesan newspapers — only two out of over 190 diocesan papers nationwide agreed to run ads for the book. Both Time Warner and Catholic newspapers deemed the ads “too political.”

Regardless of this print media obstacle, talk radio appearances by O’Leary on stations coast-to-coast continue to propel the book and website’s success.

The Audacity of Deceit recently skyrocketed past Barack Obama’s and Michael Moore’s latest books on Amazon.com’s ranking of “election” books. And the book’s controversial website, http://www.barackobamatest.com/, has truly gone viral, attracting over 100,000 visitors in the past 48 hours.

Print Ad Controversy

The print ad that Time Warner refused to run simply consisted of public polling data that highlighted the differences in opinion between the 30 percent of Americans who do not pay federal income taxes, and the 70 percent who do.

The ad that was rejected by nearly all Catholic diocesan newspapers also consisted of public polling data that highlighted what a majority of Catholics believe on various issues related to abortion, as well as Obama’s well-documented positions on those same issues. Though the ad was deemed in accordance with Church teaching on abortion, only two dioceses agreed to run the ad.

“As a Catholic, I’m horrified that Catholic editors would censor an ad that simply provides public polling data on the abortion issue, follows church teaching on abortion, and shows Barack Obama’s position on the issue,” said Brad O’Leary. “Catholics nationwide deserve to know the truth — they should not be kept in the dark by their diocesan newspapers.”

According to a recent ATI-News/Zogby America poll, a majority of Americans (56 percent) and Catholics (54 percent) consider the refusal of Catholic papers to run the ad “censorship” as well.

Although the ads have run into censorship, there are publications that have agreed to run them.

The “taxes” ad was run by Investor’s Business Daily and also appears in the current issue of Forbes magazine. Investor’s also plans to publish an opinion piece written by O’Leary that reveals the stark contrast between taxpayers and non-taxpayers. The “abortion” ad that was deemed “too political” by Catholic editors is currently appearing in USA Today and The Weekly Standard.

To learn more about Barack Obama’s stance on the issues, and take a five minute test to see how your views match-up with his, go to: http://www.barackobamatest.com/.

Jim Kouri, CPP is currently fifth vice-president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police and he’s a staff writer for the New Media Alliance (thenma.org). In addition, he’s the new editor for the House Conservatives Fund’s weblog. Kouri also serves as political advisor for Emmy and Golden Globe winning actor Michael Moriarty.

He’s former chief at a New York City housing project in Washington Heights nicknamed “Crack City” by reporters covering the drug war in the 1980s. In addition, he served as director of public safety at a New Jersey university and director of security for several major organizations. He’s also served on the National Drug Task Force and trained police and security officers throughout the country. Kouri writes for many police and security magazines including Chief of Police, Police Times, The Narc Officer and others. He’s a news writer for TheConservativeVoice.Com and PHXnews.com. He’s also a columnist for AmericanDaily.Com, MensNewsDaily.Com, MichNews.Com, and he’s syndicated by AXcessNews.Com. He’s appeared as on-air commentator for over 100 TV and radio news and talk shows including Oprah, McLaughlin Report, CNN Headline News, MTV, Fox News, etc. His book Assume The Position is available at Amazon.Com. Kouri’s own website is located at http://jimkouri.us

Back