What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Man 9!

I got this yesterday on Wiiware. It's freakin AMAZING! I've already beaten it after 4+ hours of sheer skull-beating-expletive-shouting-TV-flip-offing rage and irritation, but it was totally worth it.

It definitely capture the spirit of old-school game design. to-the-pixel jump gaps. Level memorization, fast-paced reflex-based boss fights, and finite lives with the fear of starting all over again if you lose them all! In essence, exactly as it should be for a Mega Man game.

Anyone else got this? Thinking about it? I give it, for a Wii DLC game, a 10/10, it really works and they did everything they should have, plus modern features like achievements and online ranking boards for time attacks. And unlike most DLC's on Wii, it's worth playing more than once for a change ;)

I'm a fan of Mega man games used to watch the cartoon as a kid sadly my internet is not good enough for wifi so I can't really get this game unless I go to my cousin's house and do it there which takes awhile to do..

I'm glad you like it I might have to go out and buy Megaman 9 on my wii when I have the time also I think it was on mega man 9 or one of the past ones I remember watching a thing on megaman history or the preview for megaman 9 on Xplay and I remember seeing one of the bad robots that looked like a Nepenthes I wished I took a picture of it to show. =\

I wish I had net access at my home so I could download it on my PS3. I love the old school MegaMan games, I remember spending a sleepless weekend beating MM2 and MM3 back to back when I was something like 12. Fun times...

Ah yes, Megaman 3 was the greatest. I've actually been playing a mega man marathon since I beat 9 and got the 'invincible' (don't die and beat the game) achievement. I'm on MM 5 now, at the last boss castle.

So epic. You can definitely tell when they go from having awesome, simple bosses, to really convoluted random out-their-asses bosses. lol.

Back