What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who here wants it to be winter?

upper

Capensis Killer
do you want it to be winter yet?

i do... as i get alot more rain during winter.... i thought it was going to shower yesterday... i was wrong... there was sprinkles for less than 2 minute here. and i hate it when its hot, last week it was up to 100+, and i can trim and divide everything out during winter... not to mention Christmas vacation.

i understand some people, if any, doesnt want it to be winter, but share your story also. :-D

Lord no. 90 mph gusts, 0-20 degree windchill. The only thing I look foreward to in winter is an excuse to stay inside all day wrapped up in extra sheets.

want fall first.....hunting is much more plesant beteen 20* and 40*..........antelope opener is looking to have a high of 50*......dont want it much warmer or meat spoilage is likely if you drop one along ways from the truck.....but hunting at around zero is miserable.......its a narrow range where its nice to get out......

Lord no. 90 mph gusts, 0-20 degree windchill. The only thing I look foreward to in winter is an excuse to stay inside all day wrapped up in extra sheets.

lol the end of January ill see -60 BEFORE windchill.....daily highs of -30 with the skies clear and the sun shining :D you can work up a sweat shoveling snow at -30

My dad hates the winter and snow so does my brother though I think only times he doesn't like it is driving to work or the road hasn't been plowed good he likes the snow when he's off or when it's falling and only ones who really like it is me and my mom we sled down a small hill in our yard and do angels, snowmen, snowball fights, and all the crazy stuff when we can..

Fall is here it's getting colder in my area leaves comming off trees changing colors etc. I got my green and white tea stocked up all I need now for winter is hot cocoa and marshmellow and some hershy and gramcrackers for smores over the fire. :boogie:

I'm ready for winter it's sad to see the bog go dormant, but that's what tropical CPs are for also my older brother and his new wife will be comming for christmas so I hope it snows good sometime during her stay since she has never seen it snowing here before after that I hope the weather won't be too bad no big snow storm or anything like that..

lol, my winter's not even going lower than 40F..... though i do want it to be colder, down to like 25-30F or something. but that wont happen in los angeles :(

Oh come now, there's nothing like a good ditch dive with the car for the first snowfall.
My first winter driving experience at 18 years old was filled with much mirth. I was pointing and laughing at a co-worker for getting pulled over by the cops as I drove by, then I took my turn and drove into a ditch and got my huge old Buick stuck! :censor:

My tiny little Ford Focus is a fun thing to drive on the icy MN roads. It seems as if I'm the heaviest thing in the car so it's kinda like driving a sled with a combustion engine attached to it.

OFFTOPIC: They're playing Black Flag's "TV Party" song on Futurama this moment, wow! I remember when that was rebellious punk music... I'm old I guess. sorry I was just surprised.

I dont mind winter..for awhile..
but its too long here..
I wouldnt mind if winter was 3-months long, like its supposed to be..
but we get FIVE months of winter every year! cold and snow for 5 months..

I like winter in November, December & January..
Winter in February & March totally sucks..

Scot

::raises hand high like a kid in a classroom who really knows the answer::

Me me me! I do! But like you, upper, it won't get below 40 here in FL :-( I wish I was back in Canada so I could see some snow and actually have a reason to bundle up in a nice blanket infront of the fire!

I dont mind winter..for awhile..
but its too long here..
I wouldnt mind if winter was 3-months long, like its supposed to be..
but we get FIVE months of winter every year! cold and snow for 5 months..

I like winter in November, December & January..
Winter in February & March totally sucks..

Scot

I couldn't agree more! February is the worst. I know you're not into it, but I look forward to March because of baseball.

This is what Scot and I see for at least 4 months, only with a lot more clouds:

IMG_0436.jpg

i love the winter for my 21 bitherday is in the winter this year in january

I couldn't agree more! February is the worst. I know you're not into it, but I look forward to March because of baseball.

This is what Scot and I see for at least 4 months, only with a lot more clouds:

IMG_0436.jpg

Jim,
nice pic!
to me, thats a pretty "early winter" scene..
a nice "Christmas snow"..
light fluffy snow, only a few inches..its looks nice and causes no real issues with anyone..

but! ;)
Winter in February and March feel like this:

1950blizzard1.jpg

just dreary, dark, cold and wet..
February and March are definately my least favorite months of the year.

Scot

Got a taste of winter yesterday. Well, it didn't actually snow at my house, but just a couple miles up the canyon I live near it did:

10-5-08096.jpg

Autumn is actually my favorite time of the year, so I'm loving it right now. I actually like the beauty that snow brings, and I love to ski and snowshoe in the mountains, so I am looking forward to that. But I hate driving in it, working in it, and having to deal with longer drive times, warming the car up, scraping off the ice and snow, etc. I don't like the bitter cold. Plus we get these nasty, ugly inversions here that can last for months. Plus - it means all my temperate cps will be dormant. The horror!!

But on the bright side - I will be able to get those really nice night time temp drops for my highlanders!

Wow. What an awesome photo. :) That's beautiful.

I don't want winter because I will be freezing. Last year my thermostat was on 53 degrees. With rising costs, I'll probably have to drop it lower.

:(

I hate being cold.

I like Autumn the best. The days are too short during Winter, and the Summer here is too hot.

AutumnLakeBLP.gif

Autumn is just right! :)

I'm not as much of a fan of winter as I used to be and can't say I look forward to it anymore. We don't get as cold as Rattler's area and only rarely reach -10. Of course it isn't the coldest weather, it's the damp & cold weather that's bone-chilling.

yeah i hate damp cold ill take my no humidity -50's over -10 with high humidity......humidity makes cold alot more unbearable....i hate the occasional cold day when it happens to be really humid here, we get a handful of them every year and i dont want to go outside and be in it where i dont think twice bout going out and shoveling the walk at -40

I can't wait for winter. Never had winter here before, I want to ice skate on the lake. I'll be sledding and building a giant snow fort.

I hate winter! I feel more like i'm cold blooded compared to everyone else. (and when I went to Florida everyone was shocked and thought it was "so cold") Give me spring and summer and skip late fall and winter.

Back