Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents, please don't do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am talking D, not and F. A D is a passing grade and not being able to play sports is a bad enough punishment already. You can't compare your grades to your kids to, different teachers, different classes, and different books. I also don't believe anyone got only 1 B in their ENTIRE high school years. 1 bad grade isn't going to hurt anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider a D a bad grade, even if you can still pass O_o
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also don't believe anyone got only 1 B in their ENTIRE high school years.
    dude can i have some of what your smoking? had 7 do ALL A's in my graduating class of 62 and one do all A's and 1 B.....most of them while taking college prep classes that were actually harder than freshman year of college.....

a D aint passing.......a D is barely better than flipping a coin to decide your answers.......and i can compare them to me and their mom.....both girls are quite smart.....they have every opportunity to get help if they need it......to get a D means they CHOSE not to get help....if they are going to make that kinda choice they dont need to be out running with friends....BTW neither of them have been grounded because of grades yet.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huh? then how did the "I can be much worse" thing happen? I aint talking averages, I mean grades per quiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the "i can be much worse thing" came from chores but she was threatening overall cause she knows its a package deal........

i made it known from the second post i was talking quarter averages.....try working on your reading comprehension........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't llike the obsession with early achievement, whether it's college classes in high school, travel sports in Jr. High or nine-year olds getting black belts. And I really hate the focus on grades of people who were only learning to read and count a few years earlier. That's crazy.

I wish my daughter (15) would get better grades in high school, but my grades were worse. It took until my third year of college before I made an A there but, within a year of that, I made a 4.0 with 20 hours of advanced engineering and geology classes while working part-time. Something clicked after I turned 20. It clicks for some people when they're 5, but a lot of them stagnate before they hit 30.

Some people mature fast and some do it slow. Slow seems to run in my family. My father didn't do well in high school and bounced back and forth between college and work. He finally finished his degree in night school when he was 30 and I was 5. Both of us got masters degrees in our 40s and I started another last year that I hope to finish at 50. So don't sweat the grades so much.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually get grades between 91 and 95... striving for the A range rather than A-. Punch me! I almost think it would be worth the worse grades to do less work. If you grounded me, nothing would happen. All I do anyway is stare at plants, do 3+ hours of homework, surf terrraforums, and practice my instrument. Social isolation, oh boy! The only time I really get out is on Friday nights to go play at football games (in the band, of course )
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    the "i can be much worse thing" came from chores but she was threatening overall cause she knows its a package deal........

i made it known from the second post i was talking quarter averages.....try working on your reading comprehension........
    Your now honestly insulting me? You really need to learn to keep from insulting people if your trying to make a point. NO ONE will pay attention to someone going on about how retarded people think this way and the people who do think that way won't care about your points.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast