Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents, please don't do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parents, please don't do this!

Ugh, so I came home with my FIRST progress report from my high school. I got 6 A's and 1 B in my 7 classes. I am taking an honors science class (not the B) and showed it to my parents. They read my grades put it down picked up my brother's and spent the next half hour yelling at him and all his C's and D's, and congratulated him on his 1 A. Then my parents had the nerve to yell at ME about my 85 and never said a word about my other 6 A's!!!!! What makes my A's worthless!

Sorry about the rant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont yell at the girls bout their grades but if Kate gets a "C" she gets yanked from sports with very few exceptions....."D's" mean they are grounded and the house, school and church are the only places they get to go........yelling aint going to accomplish much, taking away the stuff they want to do does.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...REALLY? Geez...I got 6 As and 1 B (79.6 LOL, last time I checked, it was an 83.6) and my parents still accepted the 79.6. Dude, that sucks, I feel sorry for you
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    i dont yell at the girls bout their grades but if Kate gets a "C" she gets yanked from sports with very few exceptions....."D's" mean they are grounded and the house, school and church are the only places they get to go........yelling aint going to accomplish much, taking away the stuff they want to do does.........
    I disagree.

What if they're trying their best in the class they're getting Ds in and just don't understand it? Are you telling them to do more than they can if they don't get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sense a debate coming on :O
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me guess your a kid? as to why i do it....i know all the girl's teachers fairly well, i know the girls are offered ample time to get help and the subjects they do have some issues on are math and science, two subjects their mom and i are very good at......the only way they get low grades is cause they did not put forth the effort to seek out help.....i dont tweak if they fail a test here or a quiz there.....**** happens.......i pay attention to their quarter grades and not the progress reports every couple weeks......was paying attention to progress reports on Kate alot closer till when i tracked down the problem 3 out of 4 times it was something the teacher did wrong such as not grading a paper that was turned in.....had one teacher sit and tell me Kate hadnt turned something in and when she went to show me the folder of corrected work Kate's paper was in there, ungraded cause the teacher missed it.......

the girls arent in a huge school and getting lost in the crowd....Jess is in a rural school district and there are about 15 kids in her grade, Kate is in town and is one of about 80 kids in her grade.....if she is having problems witha subject its easy to get one on one time with a teacher........and if she wants me to take her sports seriously she needs to take her school work seriously
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um, my brothers had a teacher that lost my brothers work. My mom had to go in and talk to her an say that he did the work and handed it in but the teacher wouldn't let him reprint it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant, I think you did great.

Sometimes as a parent we get so busy with trying to set right things that are not working the kid that excels doesn't hear they do a great job often enough.

Believe me, your parents know. That doesn't excuse them, but they are really happy about your grades.

Hey, a high school student in honors science, excellent grades, and an interesting hobby…you have to be an easy kid to have around the house.

Go treat yourself to something, you deserve it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast