What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a NASC member help me?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I sent an email to the president last Wednesday with my screen name to get into meeting and 2 questions, but still haven't gotten a reply. I posted here because I wasn't sure who to pm. My questions are...
1. will I get a confirmation email when everything is processed?
2. when will the membership expire?
Also, can someone help me get into tomorrow's meeting? I don't want to miss this one. Thanks for any help!

Hey there, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Unfortunately Suzanne (our prez) must have overlooked your email. Or maybe she added you to her list to invite. The catch is that there was no meeting last week. Every now and then we'll have a thursday without a meeting, in this case it was so everyone could watch the VP debates (politics heavily influence our actions and abilities as an organization, afterall!)

1. There is no processing required, we just need your AIM name so we can invite you to the meeting (or if you have Pidgin you can just join in if you know the room name...) If for some reason you don't get an invite (sometimes we miss folks), then feel free to shoot any of us an instant message via AIM asking for an invite. Most of the NASC Board members should have their AIM names attached to their account here on TF.

Suzanne's AIM is plantakiss, mine is yenyenj. You can feel free to add us, and shoot us a message if we fail to invite you.

The whole AIM chat room thing is kinda... meh. I'm always on the lookout for a new/better venue, one where people can join in without needing an invite, etc. Got an idea or two to look in to.

2. Membership is separate from attending meetings. Anyone can attend a meeting, and we'll often ask for opinions and input. Membership can be obtained by signing up via the website and is a separate matter. Memberships expire a year after you initially sign up, to reiterate, you can attend the meetings without being a member.

But being a member you get the extra perks of seed bank access, early showing of the newsletter, etc.

Please let me know if you've got any other questions. If they're specific, feel free to PM me, or if they're general, posting them here would be fine.

If you'd like, please add me to your list: Goofzilla5

I'd be happy to shoot you an invite, as well. :) Hope to see you at the meetings!

Hey Ant. Just to add to what Est has already said is that the decision to cancel the meeting was very last minute (I think the day before if I remember correctly). We should definately do a better job of communicating cancelled meetings in the future, and we can discuss this at the next meeting tomorrow (your first meeting and you already have an agenda topic!).

I also know that Suzanne was very busy last week with work and personal responsibilities and is still catching up on some of the things we discussed via email so I'm sure she'll be getting back to you even though the meeting has passed.

You can also add me to IM under the handle "itlnstln37." Just make sure to include you TF name when you first message me (in case your AIM name isn't "Ant").

xvart.

Hi Ant,

You can also AIM me. My IM name is predictably Schloaty.

And to confirm, you HAVE been added to the roster. You're good through 2009.

FYI, tomorrow is the BOARD meeting, though, so it may be a bit boring for a new member.

Thanks for the help!

Um, I never got invited! :(

It starts in 12 minutes.

xvart.

but it is nine here. They didn't modify the handout for the NECPS? meh... thanks, so I guess i was wrong!

Ant, if yer in Mass, It's not nine yet....Patience, Grasshopper.

Ant, what's you AIM name? We're trying to get you in.

xvart.

Weebro55

Invite sent. ;)

thanks!

Back