User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thought you were "registered to vote" think again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scottychaos and rattler_mt have a point, though I think you and swords are worried about different things and talking past eachother. I interpreted that swords is worried about the potential for legitimate [democratic] voter registrations to be discarded, not so much that fraud was committed.
    The potential for legitimate voter registrations to be discarded is likely minimal. The important thing is that fraud has taken place on a scale that may be very significant. We cannot have a candidate winning because of fake voter registration. That defeats the entire point of a democratic system. I hope they get to the bottom of this fast.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got no problem with mass voter registration by either party....hell i would LOVE everyone to vote....voter turn out around here is horrible.....rather have everyone voting in every election even if lots of the locals have opposite views of me.......however the cases above are flat breaking the law purposely....not accidental.....not someone doing a filing error.....they are out and out fraud.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. And simply because more voters have registered democrat this year in the problem areas they will be looking more at the democrat's registration simply because there are more of them in the complaint areas. There is no proof of anything beyond that, just wild speculation. I don't see the conspiracy.
    that makes no logic

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voter fraud isn't good, but it also isn't new. Using fears of voter fraud to silence the voice of legitimate voters is (relatively.) I can't condone any doctoring of the votes by this organization or anyone else, but from the sound of it there are some very inconsistent stories about the magnitude of this problem, and from the sound of it I worry that a sweeping, overzealous response might result in people missing out on their rightful chance to vote. There's a significant difference between 85 bad registrations and 1000. If you're going to accuse someone of doing something wrong, I think it's important to be able to say what it was.
    I tend to fall on the more liberal side of the fence, so maybe it's my bias, but what I find worrisome about this story is that when the dems do something wrong, it's a big ruckus that gets taken care of before the election. I don't remember much in the way of consequences after the fraud and questionable "accidents" of the last two elections.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you hear about dems doing it more cause for some strange reason some really wacko extremists are drawn to it and think that winning by any costs is ok....the wackos that the republican party draws tend to be the ultra religious......im mean i think we can all agree the really wacko PETA types are more likely to vote democrat than republican....its these same types of wackos that would be alright with doing voter fraud to see their side win.......i aint claiming all democrats are PETA types but i think that is a kind of personality that is more drawn to the Demo side of the equation versus the wacko conservative side
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's kind of a biased opinion. I agree that there are some unscrupulous liberals, but I've known just as many conservative types that see nothing wrong with discriminating against voters based on race, sex, sexual orientation, etc. if it means their pick wins the ticket. Many of the most vocal conservative leaders directly promote discrimination through both foreign and domestic policies - I could come up with a laundry list of racial and religious slurs thrown out in public venues by the figureheads of conservativism, and I don't think quite the same could be said of liberals. While there is some discrimination and classism in ultra-liberal politics, it tends to be directed at people's voluntary behaviors, not their religious beliefs or skin color. Besides which, as much as I think PETA is ridiculous and self-defeating, most of the PETA activists I've met are staunchly moral people who are extremely involved and dedicated to the idea of democratic decision-making. Do you have numbers to back up your claim? I don't think casual observation is enough to accurately characterize the demographic.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was pure casual observation......fully agree there are plenty of wacko repubs......aint trying to argue that.....i dislike the ultra religious as much as the PETA types.........but you know whats odd? ive never seen a repub voter registration drive up here in this poverty area yet ive seen Obama's group come through twice so far with another one next week..........maybe the Demos get nailed on it cause the fact they are just doing it more often which means your more likely going to have a zealot screw things up just cause they are doing it more often.......
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I don't condone someone signing up someone else (or dead folks) for voting... DUH!

What I'm getting at is during every election there are people from Republican groups standing around in the polling places harassing people claiming to need to "verify" who these voters are. These "verifiers" are outside of the normal process line and are allowed by law to be there to "challenge" the votes of anyone they wish to pick out of line. Democrats could do this too, they don't - but they could. I wish they would, it would get a little excitement going to have a bus load of gay black democrats in Tupelo Miss. harassing republican voters claiming a need to verify their information.

But back to the article, now we may see the legitimate regular folks who've registered with ACORN be tossed out cos of some unscrupulous people messing around. There's also no guarantee, to me yet, that the person doing this within ACORN wasn't planted there by the FBI, CIA or GOP. After all, the peace activist groups in MN (not just the ones arrested for bombs) were infiltrated by FBI moles back during the RNC. They even infiltrated the Food not Bombs homeless food shelf.

FYI I never use the word "conspiracy" (unless I'm making fun of a "conspiracy"), everyone has an agenda whether they'll admit to it or not. I merely report my own perceptions of the events (as everyone does), some may agree and some may not. Currently we are still allowed to express our opinions in Tsarist America. Give 'em time - they'll get rid of that nasty ol' constitution for good some day then there won't be any dissenting voices.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast