User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thought you were "registered to vote" think again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude ive got to show proof of residence and a photo ID when i vote, and this is in a small town where i KNOW the election judges on a personal basis....maybe tighten up the voting laws in some of these states and this crap couldnt happen........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, this type of challenging of voters is not the same as the standard showing ID, proof of residence.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    was pure casual observation......fully agree there are plenty of wacko repubs......aint trying to argue that.....i dislike the ultra religious as much as the PETA types.........but you know whats odd? ive never seen a repub voter registration drive up here in this poverty area yet ive seen Obama's group come through twice so far with another one next week..........maybe the Demos get nailed on it cause the fact they are just doing it more often which means your more likely going to have a zealot screw things up just cause they are doing it more often.......
    True. But weigh the number of voter fraud cases against the number of registration drives. Also consider that Barack Obama and his campaign probably have very little connection to the organizations guilty of fraud. Even if they're the target of scrutiny, isn't it a good thing that more people who are typically underrepresented are out there voting?

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I wish they would, it would get a little excitement going to have a bus load of gay black democrats in Tupelo Miss. harassing republican voters claiming a need to verify their information.
    This sounds like a Daily Show special waiting to happen.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI I never use the word "conspiracy" (unless I'm making fun of a "conspiracy"), everyone has an agenda whether they'll admit to it or not. I merely report my own perceptions of the events (as everyone does), some may agree and some may not. Currently we are still allowed to express our opinions in Tsarist America. Give 'em time - they'll get rid of that nasty ol' constitution for good some day then there won't be any dissenting voices.
    You did not say it but your opinion was suggesting that the response may play a part in some sort of subversive act to intimidate the people who vote Democrat. Even if true, that does fit the term. An agenda is not the same, because wishing someone would loose an election is different than actually removing legitimate pre-registrations.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i never connected the wackos doing this stuff directly to Obama....highly doubt he would have the time to do much on influencing this kinda thing not to mention he would have to be brain dead to try to do it......just like i doubt McCain would.........just seems its more likely to happen to the Demo's if for no other reason then they practice this kinda voter registration more and by a pure numbers stand point.....the more you do this kinda thing the more likely some wacko is going to be able to get in and do harm.....i dont think these kinds of voter registrations should be stopped per-say.....just that they should be looked over more carefully.......with BOTH parties.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude ive got to show proof of residence and a photo ID when i vote, and this is in a small town where i KNOW the election judges on a personal basis....maybe tighten up the voting laws in some of these states and this crap couldnt happen........
    But tightening up voting laws would prevent illegal aliens from voting for Obama!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i never connected the wackos doing this stuff directly to Obama....
    I didn't mean to imply that you did, I'm just still disillusioned about Florida in the 2000 election.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conspiracy and Agenda both signify the same thing a group working to further their own goals. It is a semantics issue, not a word definition issue. Semantics is the study of how words affect our perception. Conspiracy is certainly not the only word which operates this way but it's a good starting point for today's lesson. My "Agenda" is your "Conspiracy", and your "Agenda" is my "Conspiracy". It all depends upon your reality-tunnel ("worldview" as Palin likes to say) and what your conditioning has taught you to believe / perceive. When someone uses the word "conspiracy", lights go off inside your head, some people's heart beat a bit faster, basically emotions get fired up for folks on both sides. People use these sorts of words instead of others because of the effects they elicit. Politicians especially have speech writers who are semantics experts, this is why they're so often fumbling morons in interviews but have good speeches. When you hear a pundit say "he used all the right words tonight" semantics is to what they are referring.

Just like I used "Reds" earlier (just to keep on earning my shady political pot stirrer label) by using "Reds" I could well have meant any group affiliated with red in all of history: italian fascists, russian communists, chinese maoists, monks in red robes, the rosicrucians, the vampire goth kids who call themselves Reds... Any affiliations made to a specific historical group wearing Red to Republicans was perceived and projected from your own mind by me using the color descriptive term Reds. As Count Alfred Korzybski said, "We are all greater artists than we realize." or even "We are all islands of perception shouting across oceans of misunderstanding."

But anyway onto today's example, read the following group descriptions and note your emotional reactions and images projected in your mind when you read each one. I don't care what your stance is on the subject, just note how you feel when you read / think about each sentence

The Agenda to End Abortion

The Conspiracy to End Abortion Rights

Both statements signify two groups with the same ideals but the description of one of them is much more pejorative and seems crazy. "Those people" might do anything, while "those others" probably just sit in meetings all day drinking coffee and discussing things.

The exercise for tonight is to see how many semantic "spooks" (i.e. conspiracy used for agenda, etc) you can find when you watch the pundit news tonight (FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc.). Make a list you'll really be surprised. Then watch the BBC and make another list of the same type of words, you'll really be surprised at the lack of provocative semantics.

(Extrapolated from Swords' Archive for the Conspiracy to Affect Free Thought - I think... )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast