What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New camera!!!

Nepfreak

Nepenthesian
My birthday was yesterday and I got a new camera! YAY!!! No more 2 megapixel fujifilm finepix! Ok, delirious excitement aside. It's a canon powershot SX110 IS, with 10x optical zoom and a great macro. Here are some pics I took today.
my regia
2008_1009nepsies0246.jpg

S. x 'Judith Hindle'
2008_1009nepsies0241.jpg

D. graminifolia with victims
2008_1009nepsies0249.jpg

A planting of capensis 'red' from leaf cuttings from Andy's original mother plant :)
2008_1009nepsies0244.jpg

Leaf close up
2008_1009nepsies0220.jpg

D. muscipula
2008_1009nepsies0075.jpg

Happy Birthday and nice pictures! :banana2:

Nice pics and plants. Nice gift for a birthday. You should get a add-on macro lens that allows you to use your 10x zoom so you can get closeups like this. It is really helpful and will make your great camera even better!
P1070013.jpg

I gonna ask for a new camera this year... I am tired of my weak 6.1 mp with 435 picture space...

I gonna ask for a new camera this year... I am tired of my weak 6.1 mp with 435 picture space...

You don't necessarily need a new camera, the pic above was only 5mp, my camera is 6mp max and I find that 6mp is more than enough. Unless your are willing to buy a DSLR, 6mp is a plenty for most people.

Its is also really annoying, it freezes while I browse through my pictures...

lol ant, you have no idea... My old camera held 22 pictures at a time, was 2 megapixels, and would run out its battery life within an hour. I did manage to take some decent pictures with it, since I had it for 5 years and learned how to use it :). That's an AMAZING macro shot dewey. I might consider getting an add-on macro lens in the future. For now, I'm happy with the macro I have cause it's WAY better than the old camera (I couldn't even take pics of dews at all... came out blurry every time. )

lol ant, you have no idea... My old camera held 22 pictures at a time, was 2 megapixels, and would run out its battery life within an hour. I did manage to take some decent pictures with it, since I had it for 5 years and learned how to use it :). That's an AMAZING macro shot dewey. I might consider getting an add-on macro lens in the future. For now, I'm happy with the macro I have cause it's WAY better than the old camera (I couldn't even take pics of dews at all... came out blurry every time. )

Yeah, your camera takes great macro pics. I was just adding that if you want those extreme close-ups you can get an add-on for around $40-55 from Amazon. If you are interested in getting one in the future PM me and I will give you the name of it.

Very sweet photos!
Great cameras you guys have :)

Ben those photoes are great. And your Dews all look good. :)

Nice pics and plants. Nice gift for a birthday. You should get a add-on macro lens that allows you to use your 10x zoom so you can get closeups like this. It is really helpful and will make your great camera even better!
P1070013.jpg

WOW, that's some incredible magnification! :0o:

WOW, that's some incredible magnification! :0o:

Thanks. This macro lens allows me to use the 12x zoom on my camera at a distance of about 1.5 inches, so that is why it is so close. I am not sure how many times magnification that is but it is alot.

Back