What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if schizophrenia had a website..........

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
from the bottom of the page:

!-! Nominated for Most Poorly Designed Website in the World by Digg.com

its damn near bad enough to induce seizures...........someone needs to give the guy classes in web design...........

http://havenworks.com/

Ouch ! My eyes! At the bottom it says website designed by "Hermit". Dude needs to get out more. What's sad is he probably makes more money than a lot of us doing that crap!

If one takes a closer look, this site is actually not too bad. Underneath the terrible... ghastly design it is a news website with a ton of info on it.
But alas I think I'd rather stick to BBC.com or something for my news rather than this gut-wrenching thing :)

A year or two back there was this web admin who decided to start a blank site and sell ad space on a per-pixel basis. He soon amassed a ton of cash. IIRC, that website was even more of a mess (but then they weren't trying to convey information...)

Still, ouch. haha

Awww, the timecube guy fixed his website It used to have dark teal galaxies in the background in a painfully repeating tile and the colors would switch every paragraph.

www.timecube.com

Warning, extraordinarily offensive to any religion.

And here's that site est. He made a million dollars with a 1000 x 1000 ad space at a dollar per pixel back around 2001.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

And here's that site est. He made a million dollars with a 1000 x 1000 ad space at a dollar per pixel back around 2001.

That's the one. I guess my sense of time is a bit off. I remember hearing about it before it was a big sensation, so I know it was a while back... lol My mistake. :p

Warning, extraordinarily offensive to any religion.

I think it's offensive to anyone willing to take him seriously. lol Guy is a nut, and his website makes me want to pull out my eyes. Well found! haha

What's even more amazing is the time cube guy has become world renown for being a nut. I've seen at least 2 TV interviews with him and one radio interview. Talks funny. Always ends the a sentence with the last syllable pitched up an octave and a half higher than the rest.

I think I had that Time Cube guy sorting mail off the end of my machine for a couple years (minus the square earth / no god part). :-D

That Time Cube site's layout reminds me of a rather unreadable book I found for $2 on closeout recently called "Synagogue of Satan; The Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy" by Andrew Hitchcock, some English Bible Prophecy nut. Instead of being divided into chapters it's one long 300 page run-on rant (laid out like that site) on how anyone he doesn't like in governments (US and UK), business, entertainment, Christian sects he doesn't belong to, mystical orders (of course), etc. are Jews (some secretly Jewish but all bent on world domination). And this "extensively documented" book with no bibliography is his "proof".

I find it can be fun to visit these sorts of off the wall reality-tunnels on occasion, read their literature and think / write up a detraction. Or hell even write a confirmation if I'm feeling in a particularly post modern mood and want to see what it's like to think that way for an hour or so. At the "worst" you get to to exercise the old thinker for a little while and come away with a wider view of human consciousness / psychologies. My dad always called the 700 Club the "Flat Earth Society" so one year for his birthday as a gag gift I got him a membership & subscription to the actual "Flat Earth Society News" he got a lapel pin and some literature and a mag every few months.

Back