Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin abused power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Various powers are designated to the Governor of Alaska. However, the Governor must use those powers responsibly. For example, the Governor has the power to activate the National Guard. However, the Governor may not activate the National Guard just to intervene in a domestic argument. That would be irresponsible. The Governor has the power to hire and fire the Public Safety Commissioner. A committee of the Alaska Legislature (composed of a large majority of Republicans, by the way) determined that Governor Palin fired the Public Safety Commissioner, Walt Monegan, because she pressured him to fire one of his staff, Palin's former brother-in-law, and Monegan refused. Alaska's ethics law makes it a violation for any public official to use any official action to benefit a personal interest. Governor Palin's action was irresponsible, and the committee determined that she abused her power in committing an ethics violation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the fact he tried to go against her wishes on budget stuff has no bearing in your world?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    and the fact he tried to go against her wishes on budget stuff has no bearing in your world?
    Do you enjoy banging your head on a wall as much as you do entertaining these Obamaites? . I mean seriously, the ACORN connection is valid, as are the other radical connections Obama has and yet they continue to spin it. I seriously believe Obama could murder someone today and get away with it. Everyone would spin it and you know the MSM wouldn't talk about it .
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The legislative committee determined that Governor Palin abused her power in committing an ethics violation, and the committee had lots more information that me. The McCain campaign denies the violation (for obvious reasons). However, the McCain campaign points only to the authority of the Governor to hire and fire the Public Safety Commissioner. That was only a secondary issue. As far as I can tell, the McCain campaign does not reference the primary issue in the case, Alaska's ethics law, which is what Governor Palin violated. The committee apparently believed that Palin used the budget issue just as an excuse (unsubstantiated) to fire the Commissioner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you do realize, if yah tried to hold every governor to the standard your trying to hold Palin to there aint a single governor that would pass the test......hell Clinton fired 93 federal prosecutors cause they were getting close to getting his cronies.......the 300 page report even says Palin never asked Monegan to fire her brother in law just that "he felt pressured".......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I think if people read the article instead of just the headlines it is clear that this is just noise.

NOTE:

Yes the article is on Fox's website, however the article is not by Fox. It is an AP (associated press) article. We all know about the AP...
    So did you actually read the 230+ page report yourself or are you just parroting the words of Palin?

Asked by a reporter in Pennsylvania if the charges were true, Palin replied: "No, and if you read the report you will see that there was nothing unlawful or unethical about it. You have to read the report."
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you do realize, if yah tried to hold every governor to the standard your trying to hold Palin to there aint a single governor that would pass the test...
    Anyone can make their own decision about whether Palin committed an ethics violation, but I think most people would consider the determination of a legislative committee with more than a 2 to 1 ratio of Republicans to Democrats. It's hard to accuse them of bias.

The McCain campaign is saying that Palin did not benefit financially, ignoring the fact that violating the ethics code may involve a personal interest.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second probe finds Palin did not violate ethics laws:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...ion/index.html

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast