Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Palin abused power

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update Xvart. I saw that last night. And she was deemed healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarah Palin thought that Africa was a country, not a continent. The depth of her ignorance seems to be unlimited. This thread may never end.

More here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you really want me to post Obama's 57 states video or Bidens comment on the Stock Market Crash and FDR getting on television?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between 'gaff' and cold, hard, belief, if we're going to compare the intelligences of candidates( well, not candidates anymore, I suppose) can we at least clarify along that difference?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think it is a little early with too little information to call that ignorance. It sounds to me as if it was something along the lines of Dan Quayle saying "it is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

I'm sure it is also exaggerated since everyone is in "pointing fingers mode," and is looking for the scapegoat to put blame on. I do feel bad for her, since she is going to be taking a lot of heat in the next few weeks to months. If life was fair, it should come back on McCain, since he was the leader of the ticket (although it seems a lot of the population tended to forget this in the weeks leading up to the election).

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I was apalled at the choice of Sarah Palin...I had nothing against her personally. Being a hockey mom, a hunter, a special needs parent, a six-pack swillin dudette is all great. But none of those things qualified her to run this country. And there was a very high potential for that with McCain's age and health issues.

Fact is...McCain made a hasty decision based on pandering to a certain demographic...ultra conservatives and the Hillary army. She was OBVIOUSLY not thoroughly vetted or they would have known she isn't terribly educated and doesn't handle herself well in interviews. I can't remember an election where a VP candidate was sequestered from the press the way Palin was. Firey speeches, winking and leaving the g's off of words are just not enough to lead this country.

Now the McCain campaign leaders are bashing her...instead of admitting the error was their OWN judgement. They fell short of their obligations in picking a running mate and now they throw her under the bus.

Sadly...she (and her daughter Piper) have had a taste of frothy cheering crowds and will want more of it.

I can't wait for the day when she meets with world leaders and winks and says "Nice to meetcha...and meet First Dude Todd." It'll be like having Bush back in office...talking about strategery and being the Decider.

Hopefully with a Harvard graduate in office, the U.S. won't be embarrassed any more.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was a good video regarding the subject: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...lin/index.html

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Exactly.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast