User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 65

Thread: Obama and ACORN, the truth.

  1. #41
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post

    Botanicadenta: The anti-God-in-control-of-my-life thing was there from the beginning. Also, not every "Born Again" Christian thinks that God did His thing for us in the year 4004 BC, with 6 consecutive 24 hour periods. I certainly don't. My wife doesn't. Not that He couldn't have. It's just that things don't necessarily have to be translated as such, nor does He have to be restricted. Would it be any less His doings if things took trillions of years? That's what it all comes down to: Did He do it or was it "random chance"? Does it matter how long or what method?
    I agree..and to further shatter the "Conservative Christian" stereotype,
    I am also a Christian who happens to believe:

    The earth is millions of years old.
    Humans did NOT live among dinosaurs!
    Evolution is real.
    Literal creationism (adam and eve) and the Noah's ark story are myths.
    Gays are created gay and should have the right to be married.
    None of these beliefs are incompatable with Christianity.
    There are more of us than you might think..

    Scot

  2. #42
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I notice how that article ends:

    "Despite concerns about voter fraud, those who've taken a close look say it's extremely rare.

    A 2005 report by the League of Women Voters of Ohio and the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio found that out of about 9 million votes cast in the state from 2002-2004, there were just four fraudulent ballots."

    I still don't discount my own theory that I mentioned earlier, that it was some "freelancer" trying to get any/all ACORN voter registrations thrown out. Considering how they are seen and called "communist" by the conservatives. Which shows you what little they actually "know" about communism! I just can't help but laugh at all of this political insanity season. I worked with a guy for a couple years who seemed to think he was working for good ol' Joe McCarthy to root out the subversive Reds. He was always calling this and that "communist" if he didn't like it. He even told me one day how the words "ecology" and "wetlands" were made up by communist lesbian psychologists! lol! But I'm getting off message and having fun again.

    According to that article, the person trying to get people to re-register didn't even know how the ACORN employees are paid... It's odd to me how all these conservatives in battle ground states are suing for investigations into voter registration fraud because they are so positive that there are fraudulent ballots mixed in. Nobody's answered how they know there are fraudulent ballots mixed in... I saw one republican on TV saying that "since there were no fraudulent ballots turned in, that proves they weren't checking so we are suing the state election board."

    It all seems just too circumstantial to me, in my eyes it's still an attempt to disenfranchise the new but mainly the lower class voters. Which has always been a cornerstone of Burke's form of Conservativism and Smith's vision of Capitalism, the poor are merely labor pawns of the "holy economy". Only imagined little better than slaves of the system because in these philosophies the masters have no need to feed them and see them merely as tools of the trade. Just so you don't boil over like a tea kettle again, this is not alluding to black slaves but an outlook upon all the lower or "working" classes in these two classical political ideologies.
    Conspiracy theory anyone

    Here's an update for you, since you're probably don't know much about Cleveland, or Cuyahoga county in general. It's run by Democrats. Cleveland/Cuyahoga county has voted Democrat for a LONG, LONG TIME. I don't even remember a Republican being around when I was a kid. It's a guarantee Democrat win in Ohio. Look at Dennis Kucinich for example. Democrats who are on the board called for the investigation. Not Republicans.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  3. #43
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    I agree..and to further shatter the "Conservative Christian" stereotype,
    I am also a Christian who happens to believe:

    The earth is millions of years old.
    Humans did NOT live among dinosaurs!
    Evolution is real.
    Literal creationism (adam and eve) and the Noah's ark story are myths.
    Gays are created gay and should have the right to be married.
    None of these beliefs are incompatable with Christianity.
    There are more of us than you might think..

    Scot
    I honestly don't believe either view has higher ground. If there is a God, then anything is possible. To believe in God and suggest that it would be impossible for him to create the Earth in 6,000 w/e years, would be belittling God. Where do you place your faith then, the God you believe that exists, or science which is as solid as quick sand? For example, carbon dating has been questioned just as recent as last month:

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0910104202.htm

    I also think it's dangerous when you cut and paste parts of the Bible you want to believe or interpret certain parts as "myths". You might as well call the whole thing a myth then.

    Now enough of this, lets get back on track please.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  4. #44
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I honestly don't believe either view has higher ground. If there is a God, then anything is possible. To believe in God and suggest that it would be impossible for him to create the Earth in 6,000 w/e years, would be belittling God. I think it's dangerous when you cut and paste parts of the Bible you want to believe or interpret them as "myths". You might as well call the whole thing a myth then.

    Now enough of this, lets get back on track please.

    Im not saying its impossibe that He could create the earth in 6,000 years..
    All im saying is that the evidence (namely..the planet Earth) shows that He didnt..

    very different ideas..

    and EVERY christian "cuts and pastes" parts of the bible to fit their beliefs..
    its impossible to do otherwise..

    anyone who says they believe or follow the bible 100% is lying..it cant be done.
    We all filter our beliefs through our culture and our modern knowledge..it cant be helped.

    Check out this book:

    http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb.asp

    My wife got it for me for Christmas last year..because im such a "religious skeptic"..
    I loved it!
    very interesting concept..

    Scot

  5. #45
    Nooblet Botanicadenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    6,000 w/e years, would be belittling God. Where do you place your faith then, the God you believe that exists, or science which is as solid as quick sand?
    First off, no one said it was impossible for God to do that, we said he didn't do that. Why would he? Why wouldn't he watch such a terribly beautiful panopathy of chemical existence for billions upon billion of years of His eternal existence, a symphony of physics and probability leading up to the crescendo of life? I think it's belittling to think god is not such a master artist as that.

    Secondly, read the article please. It's more related to global warming that the age of the Earth, detailing in speak I try my best not to dwell on for too long that the previous conceptions of carbon levels in the ebb of the planet is different than once thought, and that they'd have to readjust the conventional levels of ambient carbon on the planet at certain times to increase the accuracy of the readings. You tell me where it says that Carbon Dating is bunk.

  6. #46
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got no problems with Adam & Eve and Noah's Ark. I believe that they happened. Just how close the oral tradition is to reality is anybody's guess. But both stories do tell human history and God's involvement with humans.

    As to gays, I read that some have a genetic disposition, a tendency and I also read that homosexuality is the direct result of abuse. I wouldn't be surprised if both are trues, as opposed to one extreme or the other. I really don't know how a gay person thinks or feels...

  7. #47
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Im not saying its impossibe that He could create the earth in 6,000 years..
    All im saying is that the evidence (namely..the planet Earth) shows that He didnt..

    very different ideas..

    and EVERY christian "cuts and pastes" parts of the bible to fit their beliefs..
    its impossible to do otherwise..

    anyone who says they believe or follow the bible 100% is lying..it cant be done.
    We all filter our beliefs through our culture and our modern knowledge..it cant be helped.

    Check out this book:

    http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb.asp

    My wife got it for me for Christmas last year..because im such a "religious skeptic"..
    I loved it!
    very interesting concept..

    Scot
    There's a difference between following or obeying the Bible to a tee, and believing that it is all true. Obviously everybody stumbles from time to time, but that doesn't mean the Bible therefore isn't true in its entirety. I don't compare the Bible to modern science and overwrite whatever section of the Bible it disagrees with.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  8. #48
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    First off, no one said it was impossible for God to do that, we said he didn't do that. Why would he? Why wouldn't he watch such a terribly beautiful panopathy of chemical existence for billions upon billion of years of His eternal existence, a symphony of physics and probability leading up to the crescendo of life? I think it's belittling to think god is not such a master artist as that.
    When did Darwinism become God's word? It clearly states in Genesis chapter 1 what God did. The picture Genesis paints is a picture where God individually created everything you see today. That totally differs from what you subscribe to. What does time have to do with God being a master artist? He can't be a master artist in 6 days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    Secondly, read the article please. It's more related to global warming that the age of the Earth, detailing in speak I try my best not to dwell on for too long that the previous conceptions of carbon levels in the ebb of the planet is different than once thought, and that they'd have to readjust the conventional levels of ambient carbon on the planet at certain times to increase the accuracy of the readings. You tell me where it says that Carbon Dating is bunk.
    I didn't say it was bunk, I said it is faulty and can shift at any given time like the majority of modern science. For example Global Warming. I believe it is only a matter of time before science kills its CO2 crusade and admits that CO2 if at all was only a very minor factor of Global Warming.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •