Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: Tony and Sunbelles Stolen Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting indeed, but they will likely need more than a -you-were-the-area-at-the-time argument for a conviction. They will need to have the actual plants or atleast pictures and not just a written description. The evidence is persuasive but hardly conclusive. It could have all been a coincidence, though I think the chances of that are unlikely.

Personally, I would need to see more hard evidence provided against Dom to make me convinced that he is guilty.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Dom to tell us where he got his plants.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I think that this is his last chance. Things look bad for him if does not do this because it will only make him seem guilty. He could just show everyone the bill if he doesn't want to post photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the proboards:

"The campanulata x truncata was purchased from my friend elissa jackson. Who lives in connecticut and attended the new england carnivorous plant show on 9-7-2008. I also received plants from my friend michelle lamountain who lives in australia, she doesnt grow cp, but she attended the show for me and sent me a few plants nothing special though."

"my friend elissa jackson and michelle la mountain sent me plants from both shows, one in australia and one in new england. thats all i know. I told them both to get me any hybrids with veitchii, truncata, or lowii. they arent really plant people. They sent me camanulata x truncata, sib x max, thorelli x truncata, truncata x ventricosa, truncata, truncata x maxima and nd a few other common hybrids. "

A few things come to mind.

The NECPS Show was on the 27th and 28th of September, 2008.

OK, we do have a sign-in book from the NECPS Show. I believe Charley or John Phillip has it. I wonder if Elissa's name is in it.

There were only two vendors at the NECPS Show: Black Jungle, and the NECPS table. It should be pretty easy to figure out what neps were and were not for sale there... Usually, any special Neps from society members would be limited to the NECPS back room members-only silent auction and we would all know about it. Anyone have a printout of the sales list from the Black Jungle booth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my post on the matter...

In a way, i somehow feel that this is all my fault, that the topic flared up so badly because of information i provided to Tony. I received a macrophylla from Dom a week ago, in a trade, Tony asked me for the information on where i received it, i provided it. I did not think it would go this far, and i truely feel sorry for the people who were robbed, this i had nothing to do with obviously, but i still feel bad for drama ive stirred up in the CP community by providing information on where i received plants, I cannot say with certainty, but the few times ive spoken with Mr. Gravine, he seemed like a very nice guy, though you cannot judge a book by its cover, and i do realize that Sunbelle and Tony have some pretty circumstantial evidence pointing twords Dom himself, but we do need more proof other than the "You were in the area at the time of the incident." I do hope the true theif is caught, and i hope no fingers are directed at me at this time, but i have one question for you Mr. Gravine, why did you put a false return address and name on the package you sent me? It is strange, your name is not Richard Hughes, and your address is not in Hallendale Florida, according to information, you are on street i will not name in Ft. Lauderdale, Hallendale is south of Ft. Lauderdale, i am aware...But i do find it somewhat odd...I am not pointing fingers at anyone however until i see enough proof to prove someone of this crime.
    Kris

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    In a way, i somehow feel that this is all my fault, that the topic flared up so badly because of information i provided to Tony. I received a macrophylla from Dom a week ago, in a trade, Tony asked me for the information on where i received it, i provided it. I did not think it would go this far, and i truely feel sorry for the people who were robbed, this i had nothing to do with obviously, but i still feel bad for drama ive stirred up in the CP community by providing information on where i received plants
    I don't understand how this is relevant to the situation at hand. How does telling Tony where you got a plant lead to the accusations of another member stealing plants? Unless I missed something somewhere...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why you should feel guilty. You were right in providing the information. What conclusions and evidence tony and sunbelle drew from it (what you gave may not have been significant at all) and other sources are certainly not under your control. And truth be told Dom seem to be relatively inept in regards to his own defense.
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast