Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: Tony and Sunbelles Stolen Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad to know this kinda thing occurs. I know it's a bad scene like this quite often in the Orchid world. I quit visiting one orchid board cos of all this sort of backstabbing, robbing, narcing on people to the Wildlife mafia if they have plants others want (including Orchid book authors I thought I respected).

Greed (in this case theft of plants) I guess is not exclusive to Orchids. I hope if there is real evidence against this guy the two affected guys will go to the authorites (da fuzz) and not just ruin this guy online as happens on that Orchid board (I don't recall the name). Though, I know both of these guys (Tony & Sunbelle) are good dudes from my old terraforum days and I've had good experiences with them back when I was a lil' Nepper a couple years ago before my dad got sick and I sold all my "babies". I'm not taking sides, though a wrong return name/addresses is kinda weird, wrong flower show dates, etc. Could it be that the plant was not being shipped with the right phyto documents and he didn't wanna get nailed if the package got seized since some states do require that hassle? That idea would explain that kind of discrepancy to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told tony, who inturn told Sunbelle, xvart. because they are in contact with eachother, it has every to do with this situation, because i told tony where i received the plant, who then went and talked to Sunbele and Dom themselves, Dom got defensive and posted the huge rant on pitcherplants.proboards, thus causing a giant flurry of drama of everyone bashing Dom before substanstial evidence was given that could prove him of anything more than just being in the area at the time of the thefts.

i feel bad because in some way, i feel like i am the one at fault for how crap was handled.
    Apparently, since Tony had Macrophylla stolen, he thought it strange one came up in trade so quickly. And asked me where i got it, assuming the macrophylla in question was possibly one of the plants stolen from his nursery

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    I told tony, who inturn told Sunbelle, xvart. because they are in contact with eachother, it has every to do with this situation, because i told tony where i received the plant, who then went and talked to Sunbele and Dom themselves, Dom got defensive and posted the huge rant on pitcherplants.proboards, thus causing a giant flurry of drama of everyone bashing Dom before substanstial evidence was given that could prove him of anything more than just being in the area at the time of the thefts.

i feel bad because in some way, i feel like i am the one at fault for how crap was handled.
    Apparently, since Tony had Macrophylla stolen, he thought it strange one came up in trade so quickly. And asked me where i got it, assuming the macrophylla in question was possibly one of the plants stolen from his nursery
    Gotcha, I forgot that Tony had several N. macrophylla stolen. Interesting ethical dilemma here, though... I don't think you should feel bad in the slightest. The most condemning alleged evidence is not the N. macrophylla but the ebay listing, but it certainly is interesting. I just didn't see what connection you were trying to make.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the ebay item is very good evidence indeed, the thing i feel bad about is the drama that has flared up from this event, if it turns out to be Dom, however, i am glad i helped.

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SK,

That is huge. A different return address and a macrophylla of the same size...wow. Dom better start giving names and dates ASAP.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dom makes claims of receiving a shipment plants from Australia. Yet in a thread on CPUK where he is asking about getting an order form a certain nursery down there he clearly states that he DOES NOT have a permit. See the screen shot below

Here is the specific thread:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...774&hl=Exotica

While there are ways to "dodge" customs with shipments they entail small packages not large ones capable of holding numerous fair sized, well grown Nepenthes.
    Last edited by Pyro; 10-16-2008 at 05:40 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post

Why don't you take a pic of your Macrophylla and email it to Tony? On the other board, someone stated that no two plants look identical, so maybe he can identify it as his plant? I didn't even want to get involved in this, it's just a thought. I wouldn't blame yourself though, even if this Dom person isn't the thief. You were asked a simple question and you answered it. No biggie.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trapper there is a pic i recently posted in the nep section, There is no way to identify it without a pic, and even then, it has been quite a few months....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast