Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: Tony and Sunbelles Stolen Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured that it has been too long for it to look the same.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper7 View Post
    Yeah I figured that it has been too long for it to look the same.
    Not necessarily. I have a x Predator that still has lower leaves from last year on it. So while the plant may not have the same pitchers it very likely could have the same leaves with the same arrangement and same blemishes and what not. But you would still need to do a comparison between past and current pics.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only say I hope the information that has been provided to the police result in the capture and prosecution of the thief. Burglary is burglary. Doesn't matter if its a plant or a stereo.

The thief should be ashamed of him/herself. I still say...'fess up, give 'em back and learn a lesson in life.

I feel bad for Tony and Trent. The facts as presented look bad...
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I can only say I hope the information that has been provided to the police result in the capture and prosecution of the thief. Burglary is burglary. Doesn't matter if its a plant or a stereo.

The thief should be ashamed of him/herself. I still say...'fess up, give 'em back and learn a lesson in life.
    Here here i second that...
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup! with the facts that have been presented and also the fact that the hybrid in question is still fairly very new, it clearly seems that there is a connection to the recent thefts. Communication has already stopped from Dom on the other board as he probably realises that the jig is up. I really hope that Tony and Trent/Michelle can recover some of their plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    I really hope that Tony and Trent/Michelle can recover some of their plants.
    Agreed. However, since it doesn't sound like the police did a quick swoop-in and take pics of everything he owns at the beginning .... if you were a thief and felt them closing in on you and you had a lot of 'evidence' hanging around ... what would you do with that evidence??

Disclaimer: I have no clue if this guy is guilty....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    communication has already stopped from Dom on the other board as he probably realises that the jig is up.
    Not indicative of guilt. Even if he is innocent that would not be surprising. How long to you stick around a place that thinks you are a thief? Uuh... bad example... but staying around in a hostile environment would not be something I would be keen on.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I would share a similar experience I had (even though it is a bit off-topic).

I run a custom shop, and build custom cars and trucks. I built a custom chopper based off of a 1974 Honda CB750 motorcycle for myself. When the bike was done, I posted pics in a forum that I frequented for old CB's. A guy in the forum found out that I lived near him, and wanted to come by and see the bike. I had talked to him a good deal, so I said sure. He rode over one afternoon, and we went for a short ride. I even let him ride the bike. He said numerous times how much he liked my chop more than his, and was particularly interested in a box that I had made to contain the starter button, keyswitch, etc. I showed him how I had the start button wired up.

Less than 2 weeks later, someone kicked in the door to my shop, and stole the bike. I immediately suspected this guy, because he knew how the start switch was wired, and expressed how much he liked the bike. I never accused him, although I did mention his name in the police report, and they called him to let it know it had been stolen. It seemed like a no-brainer.

A week later, the police called me to let me know they had found the bike. The bike was extremely difficult to ride due to the long front forks, and someone had wrecked it less than 10 miles from my house. They later connected it with a man who was picked up near the accident, and treated at a local emergency room for road rash and a broken foot. He was unrelated to the guy from the forums.

So, even though it has been said numerous time... Innocent until proven guilty!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast