Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Book: The Savvy Converts Guide to Choosing A Religion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your point? my ansestors did it to the ppl of the British Isles..........various ppl of the British Isles did it to each other........its been going on since we were in caves........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >As for Sufis, the rest of us don't really like them. They seem to be too mystical and are almost like hippies. That's basically the best I can describe them.>
    Sufi, mystic, and hippy bashing all in one line. LOL ;-)

What the Europeans did to people of the first nations was horrible as well. My friend had family members taken on the Trails of Tears. Many died and those that didn't now have descendants living in OK.

What a lot of people miss about christianity is the Christ never taught forced conversion. People chose or didn't choose on their own. There have been a lot of horrible things done in His name by people who shouldn't call themselves christians. Christian after all, means Christ-like. Anyone forcing anyone to convert, especially by deadly means, isn't Christ-like.

I think where the horrors started were in "christian" Rome when the emperor forced people to convert or be put to death. That was actually a ritual carried over from the prior pagan period. That goes back to what I said earlier about mixing in the good with the bad.

How did the Muslims acquire Israel in the first place? Weren't the Jewish people the inhabitants since way, way back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    >There is no such thing as 77 virgins>
    Not in today's world! LOL Made me grin. :-)

I don't doubt the meanness, but why do Muslims wants Israel's land? Would be like Canada coming to take Montana or us going and taking Manitoba wouldn't it?
    Because Palestinians had it until 1948 when the UN, Britain, and the USA decided that since no one wanted the Jews they would put them in Israel and just kick out the Arabs living there. On top of this Israel got the best of the land, has been allowed to commit war crimes/crimes against humanity and no one is punished for this. Their treatment of the Palestinians is ethnic cleansing. Israel also constricts movement to Muslim holy sites in Jerusalem. (This is a very complex issue I just tried to sum up in about 4 sentences I know this and if you want a much more comprehensive explanation I can suggest some books for you.)
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did the Muslims acquire Israel in the first place? Weren't the Jewish people the inhabitants since way, way back?

They were in Israel for a long long time. Then the Jews said it was their God-given right to take it back.

if America supports Israel going back to the Jews, they should certainly think about giving much of America back to the Native Americans.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if America supports Israel going back to the Jews, they should certainly think about giving much of America back to the Native Americans.
    you really want to go into this debate? can guarentee you ive got much more experiance with it than you
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That hippie aspect is one of the things that turned me off to Sufism. It seemed that a lot of people like to mix a little Sufism with some Buddhism and add a little Native American and Hinduism to flavor the mix. I'm not a big fan of spiritual tourism. Even though I'm not religious or spiritual now, I was when I was younger and the more mystical traditions seemed more authentic to me. Even though my "native" religion was a conservative branch of Lutheranism.

As for the who took whose land and opporessed whom, everyone's ancestry was guilty of it at some point and lots of people have died for it. Thousands of wrongs don't make a right.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Then the Jews said it was their God-given right to take it back. >

To take it "back"? They had to have it at some point then? If it was taken from them, I say turn about is fair play. And I couldn't object to the Native American's wanting more or all of the US and Canada. It was theirs. By all indications, it was theirs since their ancestors crossed the bering straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Then the Jews said it was their God-given right to take it back. >

To take it "back"? They had to have it at some point then? If it was taken from them, I say turn about is fair play. And I couldn't object to the Native American's wanting more or all of the US. It was theirs. By all indications, it was theirs since their ancestors cross the barring straight.
    OK first off the expelled all Arabs including all the Christian and Jewish peoples that lived there. Secondly many of the Palestinians that were expelled were the decedents of the original Jews that had converted to Christianity and Islam. Third the Jews took the land by slaughtering the Canaanites whom were the first recorded people to live there, it even says so in the same book they use to claim their right too it. Lastly Jews were living peacefully and quite well among the Palestinians until the UN and the Western powers said it was their land outright. Last the only evidence the Jews use to support their claim to the land is the Torah which if we go by religious texts we are going to need to give a lot of places to several different groups of people at the same time.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast