Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you out there, Joe?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a small business (no employees). It kept doing worse and worse for the past few yrs and had to close this spring. Still do it as a hobby, but I sure miss it as work. Would be nice if it could get going again at some point. I just don't see that happening with the way the economy is. The thought of the dictator health care system is scary. Not only for me if I ever get to the point of having a business with employees, but for those currently in that situation. It would force businesses to close, people would loose jobs, and it would break the economy down ever further.

I don't think Joe plumber is a fraud as claimed. Probably more likely he was misquoted as he stated on tv this morning.

>the program McCain was talking about isnt putting soldiers straight from the battlefield and into the classroom........they have to pass everything any other prospective teacher has to.........>

That's good! He's doing alright then. :-) As for Obama, I am not at all convinced that a few yrs as a community organizer and such that he puts in his resume gives one the experience for the presidency. Even Palin went further faster in her political career, or so it seems. That either shows a great capacity to learn, or just very good at winning popularity. McCain has been through a war, he knows the costs, and the consequences. As far as I know, Obama has never served? We're in a war right now, we need someone who knows about the subject. The way I look at it is, we can send in someone who's heard about it, or someone who's been there. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think about it, there's no such thing as a "fact." Everything's just other people's strong opinions. So every time I hear the word "fact," I've learned to be skeptical... How can there be so many contradicting facts, anyway? Words and phrasing and the structure of our language can twist phrases completely against their original intention.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the program McCain was talking about isnt putting soldiers straight from the battlefield and into the classroom........they have to pass everything any other prospective teacher has to.........
    See 3:50 Straight from the horse's mouth. Regardless of what the program is, this is what the man advocates.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the actual program:
    http://www.dantes.doded.mil/dantes_W...StepByStep.asp

guessing he isnt completely familiar with it..........
    Certification. You must fulfill the certification requirements of your desired state, often by participating in a teacher certification program.

Becoming Certified
    Contact state TTT office(s) for help with basic requirements and contacts to the teacher certification programs for each specific state.

Consider key factors in selecting a certification program: Program’s geographic location, cost, time-to-complete, acceptability in state where you plan to teach (i.e., reciprocity).

Apply and be accepted to a state approved teacher certification program. (Once accepted to a certification program, apply to TTT for stipend funding.)

Fulfill the requirements of the certification program, which may include coursework or training, classroom teaching and state teacher exams. Many programs will actually have you teaching in the classroom as a paid teacher while you are completing the rest of the requirements. Some programs are offered with resident instruction, while others may have on-line components.
    so he f'ed up when he was speaking....if your going to hold him to that you really are going to have issues with Obama....the actual program he is talking about is a solid one....he is just confused as to what it requires.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama may not even be a Natural Born citizen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?fs=1&eu...&v=xyspCRmJv7w
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the actual program:
    http://www.dantes.doded.mil/dantes_W...StepByStep.asp

guessing he isnt completely familiar with it..........
    Once again: Regardless of what the actual program is, the fact is that McCain advocates the idea of throwing vets that have no training or qualification in to the world of teaching as full-fledged teachers. That doesn't sit well with me.

The program may well be a wonderful one, I've made no comment on it. It don't care that McCain mis-repesented the program, I care that he thinks that the education system will improve if we inject untrained, unqualified individuals in to the role of teacher.

I figure that he'd find it equally objectionable if someone proposed the opposite- making teachers ranking military officials in charge of the lives and futures of others simply because they know how to teach. (Renaissance Man anyone? lol)
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well push comes to shove the education system in this country cant get much worse and i have been in a few classrooms that would have been better off with 9 months of a drill instructor instead of a teacher..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well push comes to shove the education system in this country cant get much worse and i have been in a few classrooms that would have been better off with 9 months of a drill instructor instead of a teacher..........
    I don't mean for this to turn in to an argument, so I'll avoid all of the potentially inflammatory analogies I'd like to make as to the whole "can't get much worse so why don't we just..." :P

However I can say this: There are programs by which people can teach while they undergo certification. There is no possible excuse for throwing someone in to a teaching position just because they've had basic training. Especially considering the continued relaxing of the standards for who gets in to the military. Proposing doing so has no basis in any logic, the rationale is merely "we need to give benefits to our veterans; they served their country!" I respectfully submit that a given person attempting this could better serve their country by never participating in any such program.

If you want to teach- learn how to do it and get certified.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast