Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama is 3 for 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just goes to show how pointless and wrong the polls are. The first two debates were a tie IMO. However the 3rd was a clear win for McCain.
    Case and point here. Who "won" each debate is completely a matter of personal bias, since very few people are able to be completely unbiased in the politcal arena.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have ever read "How to lie with Statistic's" then you should know you can get a poll to say/predict anything you want it to say. Personally I think McCain won this one and I'm not a big McCain fan. Just my two cents worth and is probably not worth that lol.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think McCain won the first thirty minutes, but once they started talking about their campaigns he just looked a little bitter and only seemed to care about getting an apology. After that, I think it was pretty flat, with Obama appearing and acting more "presidential," as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    Now, it wouldn't be as significant except that, apparently, the Scholastic mock election has been accurately predicting presidential election victors for the past 44 years.
    We should also keep in mind that children tend to vote the way their parents do, so there is really no surprise that the kids would elect the winner, since the parents are the ones that vote. I guess you would have to consider all the college students, people without children, and others, so I guess my point doesn't really matter... lol.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Seriously, so what if he has a short temper? I know plenty of capable people with a short fuse... as long as you have a handle on it and do not make hasty actions based on anger... it really has no bearing on their capabilities to lead AS LONG AS they know when to say something and when not to.
    That's just the thing, there is a very real question about whether or not he knows when to keep his mouth shut and not act on impulse. If you read up on any of the scandals McCain has been through (Keating Five comes to mind) you'll see that he has a bad habit of running his mouth at the most inopportune times. You're very kind to give him the benefit of the doubt. If anything, these debates have made him look more in control to me. His eyes are bugging out but he at least can keep the condescension to a minimum. I'd like to play poker with the man.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Seriously, so what if he has a short temper? I know plenty of capable people with a short fuse... as long as you have a handle on it and do not make hasty actions based on anger...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I don't understand the attack on his temper either.

Finch hit it on the nose when he said a short temper doesn't matter as long as it doesn't result in hasty actions. That's the trouble with McCain. His temper causes him to make bad decisions.

When the financial crisis hit, McCain said that the SEC Chairman should be fired. The trouble is that no other economist, as far as I know, agreed with McCain. Then McCain said he would suspend his campaign until the financial crisis was fixed, and he declined to participate in the first presidential debate so that he could go to Washington and provide the leadership needed. McCain changed his mind about the debate and participated in it, giving the excuse that Congress would soon agree on a bailout. The vote came up in the House, and McCain couldn't even get enough of his Republican colleagues to vote for the bailout, and it failed to pass. Only later did a bailout bill that started in the Senate pass. But before that happened, McCain re-started his campaign.

McCain has shown that he makes bad decisions and he's erratic in a crisis. He doesn't have what it takes to make a good President.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    When the financial crisis hit, McCain said that the SEC Chairman should be fired. The trouble is that no other economist, as far as I know, agreed with McCain.
    I recall Obama agreeing with McCain on that point, plus he added other tidbits.

McCain has a record. Look at it. If his temper gets in the way of his decisions it would be evident. It isn't. Because it's a non-issue.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McCain has a record.
    Of talking himself into trouble and being Washington's ***** forever! I think Obama "won" all of the debates, but by a narrow margin. This last one might have him up by a little more, however.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McCain has been through (Keating Five comes to mind)
    you do realize McCain was cleared of all misconduct related to this.....infact the DEMOCRAT incharge of the committee to investigate it said McCain's name shouldnt be brought up in discussion of it cause he had no part of it.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast