Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama is 3 for 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    When the financial crisis hit, McCain said that the SEC Chairman should be fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I recall Obama agreeing with McCain on that point . . .

What Obama actually said was that voters could get rid of the entire administration (including SEC Chairman Cox) by electing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    you do realize McCain was cleared of all misconduct related to this (Keating Five scandal)...
    McCain and four other Senators whose campaigns had received sizeable contributions from Lincoln Savings and Loan intervened on behalf of Lincoln. Lincoln was in financial trouble because of its risky investment practices, and the government was investigating it and considering seizing it due to insolvency. The five Senators met with regulators, who later said they felt pressured to go easy on Lincoln. Three of the Senators continued to intervene on behalf of Lincoln, and McCain and another Senator did not. Lincoln was later seized by the government. The Senate Ethics Committee determined that the three Senators improperly interfered with the investigation. McCain and the other Senator were cleared of improperly interfering but were criticized for exercising poor judgment. McCain said that his actions were wrong.

Compare McCain's involvement in the Keating Five scandal with Obama's relationship with William Ayers, which the McCain campaign is using to try to assassinate Obama's character. Ayers was a member of the Weather Underground 40 years ago, when Obama was 8 years old, and Ayers was never convicted of any crime. He is now a respected professor at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Obama has known Ayers only in his reformed life, and they both served on a board of trustees of a non-profit organization, along with a couple of Republicans. Ayers has also contributed to the Obama campaign but does not have a role in it and does not advise Obama. Obama has denounced the actions of the Weather Underground. McCain's campaign is trying to use this very tenuous relationship between Obama and Ayers to paint Obama as a terrorist. It's telling that this is the worst aspect of Obama's character that the McCain campaign can find. It brings to mind the same kind of logic that makes the Governor of a state that is located near Russia a foreign policy expert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It brings to mind the same kind of logic that makes the Governor of a state that is located near Russia a foreign policy expert.
    ... apparently Canada doesn't count...? Lol
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama has known Ayers only in his reformed life, and they both served on a board of trustees of a non-profit organization, along with a couple of Republicans.
    yeah the same "reformed" Ayers that said after 9/11 that he wished he had bombed more? and some of this countries biggest screwballs and idiots are "respected professors"
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of polls I am sure most of you have heard of the Gallup Organization. They are known for having exceptionally accurate polling and effective samples. Coincidentally, in today's paper Gallup has Obama leading by less than 6 points. Frank Newport, editor in chief of Gallup Daily, stated "Clearly, the race has tightened."

So, beware of what polls you pay attention to. I am not posting this to show favor to either candidate, but I am making a point; if there is so much variation in the distribution of polling and samples, be careful how accurate you think they are. From the look of things, it is far from over.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McCain did grt in all of'em, atleast thats wat i thought.

go McCain!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the same "reformed" Ayers that said after 9/11 that he wished he had bombed more?
    That's actually a vicious misquote. Ayers actually said "I wish I had done more to stop the war in Vietnam."

If you like I can try to find a reliable backup to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well give his protesting against the war was making bombs and setting them off......uh what is that supposed to mean?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast