Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama is 3 for 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama is 3 for 3

McCain did better in the third presidential debate than he did in the previous two. However, Obama bested him in each. Anyway, that's what the polls say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    McCain did better in the third presidential debate than he did in the previous two. However, Obama bested him in each. Anyway, that's what the polls say.
    Just goes to show how pointless and wrong the polls are. The first two debates were a tie IMO. However the 3rd was a clear win for McCain.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't put much stock into polls. Depends on the distribution of the sample, the size of the sample, etc. A poll from CNN can show very different results than a poll from fox news. I do agree that McCain was strong in the 3rd debate, but it may be too little too late. Where was this aggression and passion in the first two debates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comically enough, even Fox has him doing better! Fox pundits like (Ins)Hannity and Ornery ol' Oriley won't come out and say that of course. Even Fox's polls actually show him leading when the yelling heads shut up and they give Fox headlines and such which is the only news I watch. I can't stand opinion shows no matter who they are because opinions are not "news" nor are they "information". Opinions are for debates (like on our forums or the pres debates) but they don't deserve to be called "news" because opinions don't mean or change anything to anyone but the person expressing them and their "disciples". Whether these pundit shows are on Fox, Cnn, Msnbc or otherwise I can't put up with 'em, but I'll watch the headline reports on all the channels. But as I've said all along, it only matters what happens at the real (fake) polls on Nov. 4th - any other polls no matter how tempting they look are all mere speculation.
    Today all networks have Obi already 7 pts over the finish line in the Electoral College map, which for better or worse, are really the only votes which count in American elections - if you can recall the disputed outcomes of the last couple close elections. But again, the election isn't for a few weeks yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where was this aggression and passion in the first two debates.
    You realize that he has a track record of having an incredibly short temper? Inversely, the big fear on the democrat talk side is that Obama would get angry and come off as a stereotypical 'Angry Black Man', which he has not done. McCain, however, has had to hide this 'passion' for the past two debates to keep from looking like and angry old 'get off my lawn!' man. Which, in lieu of the scowls and frequent and, quite frankly, rude interruptions of Obama during the debate would mean he succeeded at doing just that. Of course, this is what is shown in polls based on Democrats and Independents weighing in. Republicans still like em, though.

I try my best not to watch polls, since I really don't give them much credit either. However, fun bit of news, Scholastic magazine (remember, from school? The fun random facts magazines and the book orders you could place? My generation was the "OMG! Scary stories 3 is out!!" generation, personally) Had their mock election for each of the candidates take place among grade school children, and Obama won! Now, it wouldn't be as significant except that, apparently, the Scholastic mock election has been accurately predicting presidential election victors for the past 44 years.

Also, keep in mind, in a democracy, for both Democrats and Republicans, your personal opinion is not in a vacuum, and polls are polls, any way you break it down. If the candidate you don't like wins the election, you have no one to blame except yourself for not doing what is necessary to support your candidate. If you are really, REALLY concerned about it, then you wouldn't be angry at polls, you'd be calling family members and trying to make sure they go out and vote, preferrably for your candidate of choice. I target disenfranchised voters and try and convince them to at least vote for someone. I've gotten one person to commit, although they say they're just going to write-in Hillary(:P), and the rest of my family will be out at the booths on the fourth after a somewhat akward debate with them. They're somewhat split as to who to vote for, but at least they'll vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently, the Scholastic mock election has been accurately predicting presidential election victors for the past 44 years.
    For better or worse, this looks like a great example of the imprint vulnerability of children's worldview from their parents as well. (off topic... I know )

To get back on topic of polling I always like to check the City Pages a few weeks after the election which gives the stats of how many people voted for weird write in candidates like Saddam Hussein, Bin laden, Hitler, John Lennon, Billy Joel, GG Allin, Chef Rah and all the rest. Now that's Democrazy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, so what if he has a short temper? I know plenty of capable people with a short fuse... as long as you have a handle on it and do not make hasty actions based on anger... it really has no bearing on their capabilities to lead AS LONG AS they know when to say something and when not to. McCain has survived in politics for a long, long time. People who cant handle themselves don’t survive in that kind of high-pressure arena for any length of time.

I rember polls saying kerry would win the last election. Well, he did not. Bush won... again... why, I still have no idea...
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Seriously, so what if he has a short temper? I know plenty of capable people with a short fuse... as long as you have a handle on it and do not make hasty actions based on anger... it really has no bearing on their capabilities to lead AS LONG AS they know when to say something and when not to. McCain has survived in politics for a long, long time. People who cant handle themselves donít survive in that kind of high-pressure arena for any length of time.
    I don't understand the attack on his temper either. There's nothing wrong with a guy having a temper because he's passionate about something. I also didn't see any of this "anger" or "short temper" last night. I think McCain was blunt, but ANGRY? Common.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I rember polls saying kerry would win the last election. Well, he did not. Bush won... again... why, I still have no idea...
    It's the fundamental problem with polls. Unless everyone participates in them, they mean absolutely nothing. I don't know about you, but I was never polled. All polls turn out to be anyways is a contest to make your guy look better than the other. That's why I laugh at all these networks and pro-obama supporters throwing around poll numbers.

Only November 4th matters. Everything else is speculation and a possible attempt of the media to push for people to vote a certain way. Nobody likes voting for a loser.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast