What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michele Bachman: Lady McCarthy?

DrWurm

Californian in DC
So I was watching Chris Matthews today and this happened:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGRKrUHR0OY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGRKrUHR0OY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know about you guys, but I find this rather sick; no matter what side you're on.

4:48 some might say it's unfair, but if the shoe fits... And if it doesn't, it's his responsibility to prove it. "We the people" have a right to know. We have a right to question everything about our candidates. Ms. Bachmann has a point, the media has avoided this. Even when confronted with the possibility of it, the commentator appears to attempt to dismiss it.

Not sure I would equate leftists with terrorists though. I don't agree with them on most things, but there are so-called and self-proclaimed right-wing people who have committed horrible acts too.

I can't speak for anyone else, but most of my friends share my main views on most things. I think it's a natural part of life to choose friends based on common interests and beliefs.

I'm still waiting on Obama to present hard evidence that he wasn't born in Kenya or isn't still or ever was a citizen of Indonesia. He seems to have a lot of skeletons in his closet. These are serious allegations. If they're untrue, he needs to step up and prove it with faultless evidence while under oath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Were you people not listening!? Obama was EIGHT when the WU was active, and the served together on an EDUCATION BOARD, has anyone here worked on an education board? I haven't, but I doubt they throw drunken parties after their meetings where they exchange Illuminati secrets and plan to burn orphanages!

ALSO. MCCAIN has yet to provide hard evidence that he wasn't born in PANAMA. Wait, he WAS born in PANAMA. Constitutionally, he is ineligible for presidency. INELIGIBLE.

From Wikipedia:

The President must be a natural born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and a resident of the United States for at least 14 years.

John McCain was born in 1936 at Coco Solo Naval Air Station in the Panama Canal Zone, Panama

STOP IT! Barack Obama can't blow his lid over this, but I'm not Barack Obama, and you people are being PLAYED by the BIGGEST political SMEAR in U.S. history! The economy's bombing and your worried about Someone who was never actually convicted for terrorism maybe possibly holding a conversation with Obama? Apparently McCain can play down his domestic terrorist ties**, so Obama's personal terrorist friend can't also be excused? What is this? Who do you people so willingly throw yourselves at the feet of people Who live by double standards and double speak!?

I just don't get it. Time to go back to just lurking political threads. /rant

*edit, i understand The whole american soil airbase thing, but that's so extremely temporary. Maybe we'll own Kenya in the future, so by the 1984ian logic of the Republican party, we always owned Kenya, Barack is exonerated,, lol. :/

**Edit edit: It was G.Gordon Liddy. More of a political terrorist, from Wikipedia:

At CRP, Liddy concocted several plots, some far-fetched, intended to embarrass the Democratic opposition. These included firebombing the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. (where classified documents leaked by Daniel Ellsberg were being stored), kidnapping anti-war protest organizers and transporting them to Mexico during the Republican National Convention (which at the time was planned for San Diego), and luring mid-level Democratic campaign officials to a house boat in Baltimore where they would be secretly photographed in compromising positions with call girls.

Firebombing and kidnapping? Secret photographs to blackmail Democrat up-and-comers?

Also from Wiki:

Liddy's connections to John McCain

In 1998 Liddy hosted a fundraiser at his house for John McCain's re-election campaign at which guests could have their pictures taken with McCain and Liddy.[6] Over the years, he has made at least four contributions totaling $5,000 to the senator's campaigns -- including $1,000 in 2008.

Last November, McCain went on his radio show. Liddy greeted him as "an old friend," and McCain said "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family." "It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

Pal'ing around indeed. But oh dear, the democrats defaced a Wikipedia article to make John McCain look bad. boo hoo.

Edit edit edit: Obama was 8 when Ayers was in WU. McCain was 38 When Liddy was working for Nixon and CREEP. Ayers never went to jail, Liddy served for 5.5 years with 100 days in solitary. Also, Ayers has not done anything of note with Obama since 2002 and has not contributed to his campaign.

Can we stop this Ayers crap please?

Well, I could say, "Aren't you listening!?" too. LOL

I said, "We have a right to question everything about our candidates."

Candidates - plural; and unless Obama has multiple personalities, the same goes for McCain! They all need to air out anything questionable.

I think both of McCain's parents were US citizens though, and the base is US land as you pointed out.

What I want to know is, was Obama born in Kenya to a father who was a citizen of that or any other foreign country and did he later become an Indonesian citizen under the care of his step father. It's a very simple question and I don't think it's too much to ask to know.

ALSO. MCCAIN has yet to provide hard evidence that he wasn't born in PANAMA. Wait, he WAS born in PANAMA. Constitutionally, he is ineligible for presidency. INELIGIBLE.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The President must be a natural born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and a resident of the United States for at least 14 years.
Quote:
John McCain was born in 1936 at Coco Solo Naval Air Station in the Panama Canal Zone, Panama

LOL i guess ill inform you if no one else is a US military base is legally, politically and technically considered US soil....legally McCain was born on American soil....

and BTW a Certificate of Live Birth IS NOT the same as a full birth certificate........in a court of law they are not considered the same thing.....also some of Obama's family members have said he was born in Kenya.....which would not be a big deal if his mom went through the proper steps when she came back to the states but it doesnt appear she did...and its common knowlege that the shool Obama attended in Indonesia requres its pupils to be indonesian citizens, again not a big deal if Obama or his mom went through the proper steps when he came back to the states....but it doesnt appear he did......and why did he put his country of residence as Indonesia on his Harvard application?.........all Obama has to do is produce his long birth certificate and all this is proven right or wrong.....instead in TWO seperate court cases against him now he is stalling.......now dont that strike you as funny?

There's a point at which one has to consider: "Are people lying to me, or am I lying to myself?"

That official state document states that Obama was born in Hawaii. End of story.

LOL i guess ill inform you if no one else is a US military base is legally, politically and technically considered US soil....legally McCain was born on American soil....

I'm aware, I amended that at the end of my post in the first edit. I left the rest of the rant just to state that he was born in Panama, and for what it's worth, he's still not 'born in America' as most of us were in one of the actual 50 states.

As I stated in a seperate thread, I'm not exactly proficient in debate, but I would still have a hard time believing that the Dems would actually put Obama up for election if they thought this was a threat. If we really, really wanted to break it down, it's no more an issue than troopergate in the eyes of the people who put them up for candidacy, respectively. Now, as things play out, it may ultimately lead down to who can nullify whose ticket first. Should be interesting.

There's a point at which one has to consider: "Are people lying to me, or am I lying to myself?"

That official state document states that Obama was born in Hawaii. End of story.

and i repeat a "Certificate of Live Birth" and a "Long Form Birth Certificate" are two completely different things as far as the legal system is concerned.......

and you people are being PLAYED by the BIGGEST political SMEAR in U.S. history!

How can you be sure its not YOU being played?

the only reason you think you arent being played is because you WANT to believe your own sides propaganda..

IMO, democrats who believe its all one big conspiracy are usually gullible enough to believe anything the democrats tell them..and republicans who believe its all one big conspiracy are usually gullible enough to believe anything the republicans tell them..

anyone who is THAT convinced their side is completely pure and the other side is completely corrupt is someone who isnt doing enough of their own thinking..

remember..both sides do plenty of "playing" to both sides..including their own side.

Scot

Who gives a damn about the legal system? The point is, this is an official document, and people are still calling it into question. This is when reasonable suspicion turns into conspiracy theory.

Anyway, this thread is getting hijacked by irrelevent discussion. I'd like to hear what people think about this Bachman lady.

actually it is not nessisarily....that document was obtained by an Obama supporter working in the records office in Hawaii and sent to a pro Obama site., Obama never asked for it nor submitted it to the court so its authenticity is in question......if that had happened in Montana that clerk would likely be in jail.....ive got to show my drivers licence to get a copy of my "Certificate of Live Birth" or a copy of my "Long Form Birth Certificate" and when i go to the court house to get mine its my aunt that prints it off........

This is offensive. The state of Hawaii says the birth certificate is legit. There is a birth announcement in a local Hawaii paper about his birth from the time. This is not a real controversy, but rather a semi-racist diversion intended to create a "question" where there is none. Drop it people. This reflects very, very poorly on Obama's opponents. Oppose him for his policies, for his opinions, that's totally legit. But not this crap.

Capslock

I'd not heard that the state commented on it. If it says so, then it probably is. That doesn't say anything for the Indonesian controversy though.

I always question anything I see online. Because fakery is possible in either direction.

but rather a semi-racist diversion

racist? how in the hell is questioning his citizenship when HE refuses to provide the correct document to 2 different courts racist? when his grandmother stated he was born in Kenya........i dont see where race is involved? the media questioned McCain on his, why wont they question Obama on his? i dont call that racist i call that F'ed up.....if he produces the document to either of the two courts ill shut up, but until he does that it sure as hell looks like he has something to hide...or do you think he is above the law and doesnt have to produce what a court of law says he has to?

and point of fact ALL it takes to get a birth announcement in a newspaper is a phone call from anyone........

Yeah, he himself has not produced any documents yet. If he has nothing to hide, why not produce them?

If the state says it's real, it probably is, but if it is, why won't he show it and other proof to the court? Personally, I think he's stalling to show anything out of concern that the Indonesian citizenship and residency will also be called into question.

>and point of fact ALL it takes to get a birth announcement in a newspaper is a phone call from anyone........>

That is a fact for sure. There are birth announcements from all over creation even in the small 8-10 page local paper here from time to time just because so and so has family here and they phoned it in.

McCain showed his papers when asked, why didn't Obama show his for himself? Fair is fair. They are both politicians, and who knows what either could be hiding, but at least McCain was up front regarding that.

As for who was born where... I don't care, seriously don't care. On my list of important things, where these two guys were born ranks far, far down there. One is gonna be president anyways so it does not matter.

It's important to me as far as the Constitution being upheld.

The main thing that is important to me is that we get someone in office who knows a thing or two about war, its consequences, and how to get out of it.

If there's a bomb to defuse, I want someone who's been around the bomb before and has hands on experience. Not someone who's read how to do it.

i think its a big deal Finch cause if in fact he is not legally able to run thats one huge case of fraud....

Back