User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Blatantantly political discussion, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes SIR! sorry but i dont run my posts through our proofreader........ tried that once but she got pissed at me calling her at midnight

actually i have an issue, i tend to read what's supposed to be there and not whats actually there which is why i only did the proofreading role at the paper for half a day that and i cant spell for crap......drives me nuts that i can usually recognize a word as being spelled wrong but cant for the life of me figure out how its supposed to be spelled.......which is why i run all my stories for the paper through a proofreader and an editor.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tend to read what's supposed to be there and not whats actually there
    This is a clear case of how we all put our own personal spin on the "truth" and "our world", and better than any way I could have explained it. You're not the only one who reads what's "supposed to be there", we all do it, especially in first passes/initial perceptions. A great example of how we view things differently and if what we're seeing doesn't fit our model of the universe we'll often change it just enough that it does.

Here's a fun perception experiment, get some friends together (at least one other) and all of you read the same article on some topic, preferably one which is a strong issue for you and them-all the better if you do not all agree on the issue 100%. Everybody read the article once at the same time and then discuss it and find out how many discrepancies come up about what you all believe you read. No going back to the article during the discussion, you must go only on your initial perceptions. After the discussion, everybody go back and reread the article.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to what would make me vote for McCain:
    • Go back in time and pick another VP;
    • More comprehensibly and coherently convey his plans for the next four years; and,
    • More comprehensibly and coherently convey how he, as a "maverick," is going to change the broken government.

And while I don't necessarily think the last bullet is the most important, I am pretty passionate about it. There have been presidential candidates who say government can work, and when elected, they prove it. Then there are presidents who say government doesn't work, and when they get elected, they prove that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I may however volunteer more of my personal hours to make sure in 4 years something changes for real.
    Maybe we should all volunteer more personal hours to making sure each year changes for real.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it feels like this thread is a little more amicable. You know, before I decided to actually try and catch up on politics, I wasn't going to vote anyway. Then I kinda got swept up in the Obama charisma machine and started being quite gung-ho. Natually, over time, I drifted back down to Earth and reaccepted the fact that all government is probably gonna suck one way or another, but the more I learn, the more I can at least solidly point my fingers that things.

As I try to state before being swept up in individual politics, I'm not voting for Obama per se, I'm voting for the democratic party. My reasoning for this is simply because my loathing for the Republican party was Bush, then as I learned more about what was going on, names like Carl Rove came up and started painting a picture, then Lee Attwater(sp?)... then what was accomplished during Reagan and Bush 41. It doesn't take much to see what's going on. Commend them for good political tactic all you want, but the game changed in the Rep.'s favor as soon as they adopted... the cowboy....

Bush didn't even own a house in Texas until it was time to run for president! I mean, the whole thing stinks. It'd be okay if they actually managed to try and form their political theatre and manipulation of the issues and trying to win people by tempting people with excellent plans and ideas while expanding on what they pleased when no one was looking (A reason why I frown on Dems as well, mind you). But it's not! It's about this shallow image fixation and playing on American idolization. The whole thing has blindsighted voters for decades now and it's kinda irritated.

Whoever gets voted in isn't going to make me happy until we abolish the idea of 'joe-sixpack' and 'guy i'd like to have a beer with' from politics forever. We're people, my name is not Joe, plumber or otherwise, And I am not identified by a six-pack, abs or otherwise.

Addendum: I would have voted for Ron Paul if he had made it. He seemed like a cool guy for a Rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were going to vote completely on my own conscience I would vote for Bob Barr (libertarian) if I had any inkling he'd actually get in. At this point though, I merely want to be sure and attempt to keep Palin's evangelism out and of course see how many of these promises Obi can deliver. Any number of which I'd be happy to see occur and consider at least some progress. if you thought the hammer came down on medical and bio-research with Bush 2.0 wait'll we have Palin 1.0!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    If I were going to vote completely on my own conscience I would vote for Bob Barr (libertarian) if I had any inkling he'd actually get in. At this point though, I merely want to be sure and attempt to keep Palin's evangelism out and of course see how many of these promises Obi can deliver. Any number of which I'd be happy to see occur and consider at least some progress. if you thought the hammer came down on medical and bio-research with Bush 2.0 wait'll we have Palin 1.0!
    So because Palin is a Christian and isn't willing to hide her beliefs she should stay out of office? Just goes to prove the point that all the hatred against Palin is most likely based on her faith.

What medical/biological research will Palin bring the hammer down? (Note: If you say embryonic stem cells, you're research is OUTDATED).
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So because Palin is a Christian and isn't willing to hide her beliefs she should stay out of office? Just goes to prove the point that all the hatred against Palin is most likely based on her faith.
    I thought it was coming down to that. Well, that and her gender.

Outsiders71, if you haven't discovered it by now, it's true. ;-)
    Matthew 10:22

I've also found that generally the "tolerant" are the least tolerant.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I believe it is solely the decision of a woman to decide to endure or terminate her pregnancy. As it is her body and she is the only one of the two beings burdened with it.
    But it aint just her body that is affected. There's another body that is being terminated, albeit a whole lot smaller. It's like stepping on a bug on the ground. It's small, insignificant, and doesn't scream back. Sometimes there's a little crunching underneath, but hey, it's too small to consider important.

And adoption is always an option.

BTW, while I'm expressing opinions, I thought I'd mention that it makes no difference to me or a baby if the father happens to be a rapist. But if it were a choice between the life of my wife and that of the baby, in that medically rare happenstance, there's no contest. My wife wins without batting an eyelash.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast