User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Blatantantly political discussion, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim......as far as im concerned if a woman 100% isnt willing to be pregnant she shouldnt be having sex......and other than the case of actual violent rrape(in which case i believe its 100% the womans choice and the man should be shot, though date rrape is a lil more foggy depending on circumstances, and statutory wouldnt fall under my belief of shooting the rapist most of the time) it does take the decision of TWO people to have sex so i think if the father is still active in the womans life it very much as much his decision as hers to have an abortion.....if its a one night sand and he disappears, its all her decision......in the cases where the mothers life is at stake i have no problem with abortion..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    At least it feels like this thread is a little more amicable. You know, before I decided to actually try and catch up on politics, I wasn't going to vote anyway. Then I kinda got swept up in the Obama charisma machine and started being quite gung-ho. Natually, over time, I drifted back down to Earth and reaccepted the fact that all government is probably gonna suck one way or another, but the more I learn, the more I can at least solidly point my fingers that things.

As I try to state before being swept up in individual politics, I'm not voting for Obama per se, I'm voting for the democratic party. My reasoning for this is simply because my loathing for the Republican party was Bush, then as I learned more about what was going on, names like Carl Rove came up and started painting a picture, then Lee Attwater(sp?)... then what was accomplished during Reagan and Bush 41. It doesn't take much to see what's going on. Commend them for good political tactic all you want, but the game changed in the Rep.'s favor as soon as they adopted... the cowboy....

Bush didn't even own a house in Texas until it was time to run for president! I mean, the whole thing stinks. It'd be okay if they actually managed to try and form their political theatre and manipulation of the issues and trying to win people by tempting people with excellent plans and ideas while expanding on what they pleased when no one was looking (A reason why I frown on Dems as well, mind you). But it's not! It's about this shallow image fixation and playing on American idolization. The whole thing has blindsighted voters for decades now and it's kinda irritated.

Whoever gets voted in isn't going to make me happy until we abolish the idea of 'joe-sixpack' and 'guy i'd like to have a beer with' from politics forever. We're people, my name is not Joe, plumber or otherwise, And I am not identified by a six-pack, abs or otherwise.
    Dido,

I'm finding it very hard to vote in this years election and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've always been told to vote for the lesser two evils. Well, I can't even figure that out. I see Obama over promising change and McCain voting with Bush by 90%. Go figure. There is no in between this time in my opinion and it always seems to be that way or maybe this is the way most younger adults feel. I will support whoever becomes the President as I feel it is my duty as an American but I don't necessarily agree with either candidate on a number of levels. My least favorite President in my life being Bush. In my opinion anyone will be different. I'm beginning to feel that the lesser of the two extremes is McCain. Should I vote for McCain? Hmm, but what about that 90%. See why I can't make a decision?
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another thing i look at is i dont want someone from one extream or the other leading the country......i dont want an extream liberal or an extream conservative leading the country.....way left or way right beliefs on certain issues, sure no one is going to be 100% in the middle...but not most of the way one direction...mainly cause if all your beliefs are one direction its kinda hard to find comprise......in his short history in the US senate Obama has gotten the label of the most liberal senator, ever....McCain has a solid history of working both sides of the isle, something alot of republicans dont like him for.......bout the only flat out strict belief system i think i could live with is a constitutionalist......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    Jim......as far as im concerned if a woman 100% isnt willing to be pregnant she shouldnt be having sex......and other than the case of actual violent rrape(in which case i believe its 100% the womans choice and the man should be shot, though date rrape is a lil more foggy depending on circumstances, and statutory wouldnt fall under my belief of shooting the rapist most of the time) it does take the decision of TWO people to have sex so i think if the father is still active in the womans life it very much as much his decision as hers to have an abortion.....if its a one night sand and he disappears, its all her decision......in the cases where the mothers life is at stake i have no problem with abortion..........
    All **** aside, which has its own set of variables, I agree it takes 2 to tango. It's just a lot more challenging to think straight when your vital fluids are heading to the wrong parts of the anatomy. That would pretty much explain all four of our "woopse!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was coming down to that. Well, that and her gender.
    A great many conservatives (and and some liberals) hate Hilary Clinton. Very few dislike her just because of her gender, its everything else. McCain's VP pick seems to have a similar effect but for liberals (and some conservatives).
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the article that dewy posted, Obama is viewed as over the top and too liberal even for a lot of liberals out there?

Aside from the liberal/conservative debate, if he is elected, what will a major switch like that do to the country - namely our economy; going from opposite ends of the spectrum overnight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    Aside from the liberal/conservative debate, if he is elected, what will a major switch like that do to the country - namely our economy; going from opposite ends of the spectrum overnight?
    haHA! This is so funny. I mean, really, if it's the opposite end of the spectrum, then obviously nothing can go wrong XD

Note, not trying to be terribly serious, but in light of recent events and use of syntax, that's definitely how it struck me.