User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Blatantantly political discussion, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Obama is a career politician line is a real hoot, given that McCain was already in congress while Obama was still in school.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, the OP's description of their reaction to this forum really reminds me of me when I was here during the 04' election, except without the obscene amount of spelling errors. I loved the political debates, then I got burned out from politics and never really recovered from that. Less so within the past month, though.

Anyways, I have never been shy of saying that I like McCain as a man. Ever since I became politically aware I have been impressed with him and how he does things. I loved it when he called the big, extremist televangelist leaders agents of intolerance years ago. I also think more of his environmental policies than I do of any other republican. And no, I do not think that he will be like Bush. I think the efforts to portray him as such are a big error. But I do not like his approach to foreign policy or his economic policies. We need someone who can rebuild America's worldwide relations and economy, and I am not certain he is the man to do it. And then there is his VP pick. I can write a whole page on this, but lets just say that I Do Not Approve. She is the biggest minus of his ticket for me. With his age, there is far too much chance she could become president. Nuts... he would have to dump her and the foreign and economic policies to get my vote.

I am not that impressed or convinced about Obama…and if he does by some chance bring change, it will not be instantaneous, but slow and plodding because that is how they system works. I agree with rattler on his more naive supporters, also. I am not sold on his experience either but I find his platform and policies much more palatable. So I consider myself a grudging Obama voter, but I do not consider myself a big supporter.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    That Obama is a career politician line is a real hoot, given that McCain was already in congress while Obama was still in school.
    yeah but i dont denigh he is one.......my point was the die hard Obama supporters think he is some how going to buck the way things are done and make change.....when is political career is mostly one of not making waves and going with the system....hell he voted "present" darn near 200 times in the Illinois senate.......Obama has kept his head down and not tried to ruffle feathers to much......clear signs to me of a career politician in the making....which means he certainly aint the change they are claiming he is going to be...
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, the OP's description of their reaction to this forum really reminds me of me when I was here during the 04' election, except without the obscene amount of spelling errors.
    lol we dont have half the arguements going on we had 4 years ago so far this election has been pretty tame as far as this forum is concerned

edit to add.....i credit my better spelling to Firefox......however Firefox went haywire on my laptop and its running Opera at the moment and i cant get its spell checker to work..........
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol we dont have half the arguements going on we had 4 years ago so far this election has been pretty tame as far as this forum is concerned
    And that is why I had that huge burnout... now its not so much burn out as much as it is me being incredibly jaded about the subject.

edit to add.....i credit my better spelling to Firefox......however Firefox went haywire on my laptop and its running Opera at the moment and i cant get its spell checker to work..........
    Yeah... I can not imagine typing without spell check. Think of they day of the typewriter... and shoot you guys have a whole newspaper!
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this for Obama... he is definitely skilled at public speaking. He has a bit of charisma and knows how to speak rhetoric. Substance... that remains to be seen.

McCain has been a disappointment. I thought he would be more a maverickand an independent thinker. Unfortunately, he has been caught on Youtube, speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

My prediction: Obama over McCain: 57-42 %, with 1 % whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this for Obama... he is definitely skilled at public speaking. He has a bit of charisma and knows how to speak rhetoric..
    for the record the same was said of Stalin, Hitler and Castro......excelling at public speaking is not nessisarily a sign of a good leader......

for those thinking that Obama isnt going to raise your taxes how is he planning on trying to pay for this?......its over $800 billion over the next 15 years if enacted on top of what we already send in foriegn aide, on top of his health care plans:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=s110-2433

as i have stated ive never asked anyone here to support McCain, all ive asked is to quit listening to Obama for a minute and just look at his actions........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course taxes have to be raised, because W is leaving the country with a crippling deficit even before the bubble burst. It isn't just the current deficit, either, worse fiscal problems are built in going forward. The The Democratic lambs in congress went along with all of it, as long as they got piddly little tax cuts for people who weren't rich or a few federal dollars thrown at some local problem. I'm pissed off about Obama promising tax cuts.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast