User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Blatantantly political discussion, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Health Care in both our countries would be relatively cheap if the pharmaceutical companies got raked over the colas like they so richly deserve.
    not really.....especially given we are mostly talking bout surgeries that are what bankrupt families not meds other than the elderly.........if it werent for Uncle Sam picking up the tab his herniated disk surgery he had on Friday would likely be close to $20,000 when all is said and done for an hour and a half under the knife and almost none of that is meds......

besides if there was no money to be made in pharmaceuticals there wouldnt be tons of research being done......there is thousands of lab hours and testing behind each drug, that costs money........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all that I said about the post only the last minute Abortion quip get's noticed! Oh well...

I believe it is solely the decision of a woman to decide to endure or terminate her pregnancy. As it is her body and she is the only one of the two beings burdened with it. You can run off and make lots of swimmers to impregnate as many women as you desire but they are stuck with your "seed" if they have no allowable medical recourse. If you're afraid your wife would have an abortion just to spite you, perhaps your marriage isn't all that secure and you definitely shouldn't be bringing kids into that situation. Having kids never fixes a bad relationship. The day after pill is just as ":wicked" as abortion to the pro-life / pro-war crowd - I've never been able to reconcile this strange loop.... As far as when life begins, I believe that it is when the child is born into conscious existence to experience the world (outside the womb). Adoption VS abortion is not an either or situation, simply because a woman has the freedom to choose doesn't mean Abortions are enforced, or even encouraged. This is the illogical extreme the pro-life crowd wants to make the option of choice. It's the same ridiculous logic as with Gay Marriage, "If Gays are allowed to get married then eventually straight men will be forced to marry another man!"

Botanica, in either North or South Dakota they are working on a bill that would indeed give rapists partial parental rights, including visitation. It's attached to an anti-abortion bill, of course!

Rattler, I don't believe McCain will be able to pull any of his "maverick" moves out of his trick top hat either. And what little he does promise doesn't impress me at all. Simply more proclamations for the ruling class down to us the people. Most of what those two say anymore is simply whining about Obama. Since voters attempt to choose the one they feel is the lesser of two evils, or the one who holds ideas most similar to their own, that is how one comes to a decision on who to vote for. No matter who they're voting for, these are the steps ALL people go through in making a decision - the same way you did. Whether you like it or not, when weighing the issues, they came to different conclusions than yourself. That doesn't make them evil or commies. It just means that they think differently than you. I'll say this, if Hillary was running I wouldn't vote for either of the two warmonger candidates, she's just a conservative in disguise. McCain doesn't hold any views I agree with, at least none that he's said publicly. and with Palin on the ticket, that makes him completely unattractive.

You know, people have always urged intellectuals and free thinkers to leave the country when they don't like what they say. I never understood how noticing and attempting to act on something someone considers an injustice is somehow an act of communism? Check out "Anti-Intellectualism in American Life" by Richard Hofstadter for a nostalgic look back at the wonderful world of McCarthyism up to the point of the civil rights movement. We can just take the word or name Intellectual or egghead (both names dreamed up by Republicans as slams) and transpose it with "elitist" and draw a number of parallels to the prevailing sentiments in small town America today to new ideas. But whatever, I say we're all staying, just to anger you people. lol!

(I just said "you people"! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets put my views bout ppl leaving the country if they really dont like how this country is run in general is two of my great grandfathers came to this country in the early 1900's cause they didnt like how things were done in Norway and Germany.....so they moved here, liked it, busted their ***** to learn english and settle down to raise a family providing for them through their own sweat and blood out at the farms......so if you dont like the major principles this country is run on ive got no problem telling someone to leave, its what my family did.....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW if Obama wins, i sure hope you guys in the Northeast and Cali like your power outages.....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...vV0&refer=home
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >the pro-life / pro-war crowd - I've never been able to reconcile this strange loop....>

I've never been able to understand anyone who can't distinguish between an innocent life and an armed threat. Until a baby exits a womb wielding a knife or gun with deadly intent, it's an innocent life.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety"

rattler_mt, your quote is quite right. I meant to bring it up before now, but that is another thing that angers me about Obama. He voted to make gun laws more stringent every time a law passed by him. He'll make the laws so tough until we can't even defend ourselves against armed intruders, while he says it's ok to take innocent life. He makes no sense at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong with standing up and improving your country. We merely have differing views what improvements we wish to see take place. You've said yourself "I don't like how things are run". So why don't YOU leave instead of trying to change it?
    (I'm being sarcastic here I'm not actually looking for a Daffy Duck VS Bugs Bunny "Duck" and "Rabbit" season sign type back and forth continuance on this bit of utter political silliness with you.... you leave.. no, you leave...makes us sound like 3rd graders)

It doesn't make someone unpatriotic because they have differing ideas than you, that's an ignorant assumption. How do you imagine anything has gotten fixed in this country over the 200 years or so? By a variety of ideas being discussed and eventually implemented. No divine providence handed down our country's laws, debates took place and for good or ill we have what we call our constitution, which guarantees me the freedom to say the heretical things I'm espousing. I know it's hard for people to accept the views of others without feeling offended, after all we've all got our whole universe mapped out and ideas which run contrary can be hard to accept.But in reality we cut ourselves off from the world at large when we pursue this line of thought. It's called Neophobia, which is the fear of "new", some would call this being "traditional" but it's actually a self-imposed form of mental enslavement. Neophillia on the other hand is someone who seeks out new ideas and experience and this open and optimistic mindset actually gives you more freedom. I don't get offended when people have different views, I like to try and see why they believe the way they do. That doesn't mean I will ever agree with it but I feel that I'm all the richer for taking the time to attempt to understand their position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    truth be told swords what scares the hell out of me with Obama being president is that it looks like the Dems could have a super majority in the house and senate......what scares me about that is im afraid ALOT of rubber stamping of policies and alot of crap getting passed with minimal debate.........i see it in all other forms of government i sure in the hell dont want it to happen here........

and Swords, as to me leaving there is only one other country in the entire world i would even entertain moving to and their immigration policies are an absolute beotch to get through even for a law abiding citizen such as myself with a clean record and a skill set
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may have a majority but remember not all people think alike no matter what party they belong to. I don't like Al Gore because of his fundamentalist christian constitution snubbing wife Tipper (with her Washington Wives Committee and the PMRC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMRC ) and they call themselves progressive Democrats. Look at the non-voters on the bailout there was plenty of nays on both republican and democrat sides until they all got their additional $160B in cash and prizes over the course of 3 votes or so wasn't it? Those additions weren't added by only one side and then approved by both sides, both sides had themselves a rib dinner!

I'm very curious, what country would you live in other than the US and why?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast