User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Blatantantly political discussion, but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... unfortunate, then, that it is a big deal to be legitimately recognized as independent. Taiwan has to bribe tiny ocean countries to be recognized by them as independent...
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    aint touching the abortion issue other than except that it takes 2 ppl to make a baby so i believe the father of the unborn baby has a say......i DO NOT like late term or in particular partial birth abortions and think they should be outlawed unless the physical health of the mother is in question....on abortions in the first trimester or so i dont have as much issue with them though any gal i got pregnant even on accident i would do everything in my power to prevent an abortion from happening, if the mother doesnt want the kid i will take 100% responsibility for the child and the mother never has to hear from me or the kid if thats what she wants.....however i aint going to go out of my way to stop some who wants to have an abortion that i dont know or dont know their circumstances.....

as far as my views on socialized health care.....i am FOR helping out ppl that attempt to help themselves........however i aint for giving anymore welfare hand outs to the leeches that are perfectly healthy and perfectly capable of holding down a job but think that flipping burgers at McDonalds is benieth them......revamp the current welfare program and i am willing to take a look at partial socialized health care for those that bust their **** and try......however i aint interested in helping out the bottom feeders with my money....if the choice is the current system plus socialized health care or the current system with out it ill choose no "free" health care......
    I'm ecstatic to announce that I agree entirely with this post. Really!

The thought of any abortion absolutely terrifies me, and rather than even give it a chance to happen I am extremely careful with my relationships to avoid 'accidents'. When McCain said "Pro-abortion" at the last debate, it's seriously infuriating because there is no one in the world who is pro-abortion. No one spends their afternoon with a loved one debating between a night at the movies or getting a coat hanger poked about their organs, much less would you ever hear of a woman trying to get pregnant just so she could see what it's like to kill a fetus. it doesn't happen out of leisure, it happens out of necessity.

And I'm extremely anti-welfare. I grew up around a lot of people who made a living popping out new kids every year and a half, and it's irritating to see such irresponsibility for an attempt to get a free ride. I believe socialized medicine can and will work as long as it's monitored similar to Social Security credits are now. Anything to avoid the extremely ineffectual health care systems I've seen at every place I've worked that wasn't a CPS job. I mean, seriously, we're the only industrialized nation that doesn't feel obligated to care for its citizens as a God-given right. It just baffles the hell out of me.

Me and the GF are still up in the air as to where we'd high-tail it off to if McCain wins and 'The Rove' starts rearing his head in republican decisions. NZ seems neat, it's just terribly small and in the middle of nowhere. We thought about Canada, except it's too close and manipulable by the US and kinda daffy. Germany's up there on the list ever since they've started their aggressive green campaign and for culture's sake. Got a lot of German in me, better start mein beer trainin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, for one, am happy to see a conservative raise the idea of leaving the country because of the direction it might be turning. The US is better with Rattler than without him, but for too long it's only been lefties who've had to think about the prospect of leaving. So thanks for giving me reason to hope that things are taking a turn for the better. I really don't believe it, but I like to have hope.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, notice the wording. People who claim abortion is a right do not call themselves pro-abortion... They call themselves prochoice. Just like people against abortion do not say they are against choice. They are prolife. So are abortion supporters pro-death and people against abortion anti-choice? Depends on who you ask but... not really. They do not consider themselves as such anyways.

Me and the GF are still up in the air as to where we'd high-tail it off to if McCain wins and 'The Rove' starts rearing his head in republican decisions.
    I, for one, am happy to see a conservative raise the idea of leaving the country because of the direction it might be turning. The US is better with Rattler than without him, but for too long it's only been lefties who've had to think about the prospect of leaving. So thanks for giving me reason to hope that things are taking a turn for the better. I really don't believe it, but I like to have hope.
    I have a problem with this statement and previous ones by others like this. This is a democracy, and sometimes your side wins and sometimes it doesn't. If anyone seriously considers packing up and moving whenever the other side wins at the polls perhaps democracy isnt for you.

Just a pet peeve of mine.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never met anyone who actually left or even seriously considered it, not since they were evading the draft, anyway. It's just nice change to see someone on the other side of the spectrum thinking the country might be swinging in a different direction.

As the abortion terminology shows, the powers-that-be recognize that controlling the language is ~90% of the battle.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I've never met anyone who actually left or even seriously considered it, not since they were evading the draft, anyway. It's just nice change to see someone on the other side of the spectrum thinking the country might be swinging in a different direction.
    I think what our side fears the most is what direction this country might be swinging in if Obama wins the election. I think the word change isn't proper or strong enough...

Would I move if Obama wins? No. I may however volunteer more of my personal hours to make sure in 4 years something changes for real.

Quote Originally Posted by schloaty View Post
    As the abortion terminology shows, the powers-that-be recognize that controlling the language is ~90% of the battle.
    That's exactly why pro-abortion/choice label the unborn life (baby) as nothing but a cluster of cells, tissue or simply as a fetus. They pray to Darwin and Science yet can't figure out that life starts when the sperm units with an egg. So by terminology they can rationalize and go through with abortion.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post

I have a problem with this statement and previous ones by others like this. This is a democracy, and sometimes your side wins and sometimes it doesn't. If anyone seriously considers packing up and moving whenever the other side wins at the polls perhaps democracy isnt for you.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

sorry if i didnt make myself clear.....i aint going to high tail it just cause someone i didnt like got the presidency......there are ALOT more conditions that would have to be met in order for me to high tail it to a different country......for it to get bad enough for me to pack up and leave this country i would have to feel i had exhausted all other options, one of those options, towards the end of the list, would for me and similarly minded ppl to attempt a succession from the US......but we are likely a long ways from that if ever comes in my life time(though i believe its inevitable at some point).....

dang man you got to remember i got some long cold winters with not much to do but sit and think bout stuff .....................have i actually thought about what i would do if i was fed up with the US government? sure.....have i actually taken any step other than minor studying up on it.......no......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The word-smithing is done by both sides, although saying "both" is incorrect because there really are thousands of sides to this issue. I don't know where I would draw the line on the beginning of life. Mostly because it's a vast gray area and becomes kind of like a Rorschach test. People see different things, depending on their personality, mental state, culture, personal ethics, etc. I never know what to think of people who can see it as a yes/no question.

And people, it's secession, not succession. The South seceded and it's war didn't succeed.
    Bruce in CT

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast