What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOTE!! Forum update coming ...

I guess the biggest visual change is profiles...

I like it a lot. I'm a member of some other forums that have similar profiles, and it is pretty neat. Did you see anything about "tags" for the updates? At this SF/Fantasy forum they have tags, which is pretty much like tags on blogs, and you can search by them. It has been a pretty convenient searching format. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see the tags (at that forum, typically author, title, series, theme, genre, etc.). I could see it being very helpful in a future update (search for genus, species, things like "soil composition," "water," etc.). Something to think about for a future update (of course I have no idea how updates work and if this stuff costs money, lol.

Time to go mess with my profile! Time to make some friends!

xvart.

Yes, it's there... things will still be changing over the next few days. I didn't want to enable everything and lose track of where I am :p

Thanks for keeping the forum going!

It's already done jimscott- was last night ;) but not all the new things are eneabled. Expect those to start showing up in *insert time frame* lol
Andrew

Like I said in the shout box, Where's the hot pink part!?!?!

I like the new look though :) Thank you, Andrew!

Remember that this wasn't about the "look" (that's why I worked for about 7 hours to make the new version look like the old one) but rather software updates... Lots of security/mod/admin functionality were added to help manage/prevent spam and other exploits found within the software. although a few new features were added most are disabled as of now. And will be slowly implemented.... Stay tuned. :p

andrew

I think the new way attachments are viewed is pretty cool... go ahead... click it!

(these are last year, we haven't done any this year....)

Andrew

I think the new way attachments are viewed is pretty cool... go ahead... click it!

(these are last year, we haven't done any this year....)

Andrew

Those attachments are cool. But not as cool as that white pumpkin.

xvart.

It was my fave :) has to be taken so you can see it's white to really "get it" though ;)

Ooooh... I see tags at the bottom. It's going to be fun going through these.

xvart.

its so.... boxy.

What is boxy??

I like the attachments. And the white pumpkin. I remember that.

I just readded another hack... that separated out the categories on the main page.

The hack that searched for topics when you type in the title to create a new topic has been reinstalled.

I am getting friends! :D lol

If you accept a friend, does that automatically add YOU to THEIR list?? (I don't want to appear snobby by not responding back...lol). I'm sure there is ettiquette to all this stuff.

a friendship is mutual... from the FAQ:

What is the difference between a friend and a contact?

A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?

Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.

* From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
* In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.
* In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

as admin I should automatically be put on everyone's friendlist... like that annoying tom guy on myspace haha!

you can remove tom. the forum is boxy! So I chose to go into transplant shock!:mad:

Ooohhh I love that white pumpkin! You carved those Andrew? I also like how the attachments open :-D I was just joking about the hot pink! Geez! :p

Ant- I've noted your complaints and moved them to the trash bin. Especially the one you keep repeating ;) You do realize you said it was boxy a few replies up right?

yes I carved those.

....with the help of stencils haha!

lol! pak ask what was boxy.

Back