What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

She lied about it

I prefer to think of them as Bush 41 and Bush 43. It's fun to think of presidents as isotopes of people :)

I was glad to see McCain correct that lady by saying "He's not an Arab, he's a good family man - I just happen to disagree with him." even though he got booed by his people for it. Then I got to examining his statement, and started wondering, why can't Arabs be good family men...? :-O

Although I agree with you on the question of why can Arabs be family men (which actually most of them are) I have to give McCain the benefit of the doubt here even though I do not support more of what he believes in. I dont think he meant to imply that Arabs are not good family oriented people I think he just phrased his response poorly. He should have said something along the lines of "it doesnt matter if he is an Arab as he is a good family man and an American and thats what matters even if we disagree on many matters." That said I think to believe he is implying anything with that is looking too hard for something to get him on.

I strongly agree with scottychaos and others on this one, this is the act of a weirdo trying a political stunt. I do not think McCain's campaign could or would do something like that. In addition to the morality, it would also be colossally stupid. AND, the B would not have been backwards.

Furthermore, on the race thing, I do not see Obama as all that, uh, black, visually and in some ways culturally. I mean, for a long time I though Colin Powell was a white guy with a good tan...

The McCain camp didn't do anything to make this story happen. The allegation is that they jumped on it and spread details about it well before they should have, as evidenced by the quotes from the McCain campaign spokesman. It's not that big a deal. Fox News also ran with it in a BIG way for the brief time before the woman recanted. That's to be expected. No big deal. However, it was pretty obvious to me from the beginning that the story was a hoax, from the xanax-ed out look on the woman's face, the backwards "B", and the explanation of what happened. So if it's obvious to me, why is Fox and the McCain campaign running with it? It's just bad judgment, which they soon corrected, so no big deal all around.

So far, except for a few Palin quips that I'm sure she was told not to repeat, we've been thankfully free of the whole racist Willie Horton disgrace from the Bush 41 campaign.

Max

I do think it illustrates the intensity of this race nicely. I don't think it's in favor of anyone campaign-related, but it does make me want to shut up about politics in public and kept me from getting the shway "That One '08" shirt. This election is just too tense to run about trying to support either candidate anymore when dramatic news like this, real or not, could drop any minute and suddenly you're caught supporting the pro-****/assault/sexism/communist/hate candidate.

Although I agree with you on the question of why can Arabs be family men (which actually most of them are) I have to give McCain the benefit of the doubt here...
Yeah, I was just being a little silly over-analytically at the end there for levity's sake. Anytime you see a winky or smiley by something I've written it's an indication I'm just playing around, being sarcastic or whatever. I think politics definitely needs levity in order to keep people from going so far as to paint themselves up as a victim and scratch a backwards B in their face! ;)

political-pictures-ashley-todd-objects-are-dumber.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist.

That made me smile.
~Joe

:)

The Daily Show had a good take on this, with Samantha Bee getting mugged and assaulted by Alan Greenspan ending up with a backwards G on her face
.http://www.thedailyshow.com/

to view:
In the All New Stories column go down four videos to the new "Cluster_____ to the Poorhouse"

She looks a lot like my reptile keeping cousin Julie. Glad it's not her though! ;)

Black eyes are usually swelled and generally have a yellowish outline around the bruised area. The eye itself is also often red and/or closed. Today as they led her from the courthouse to the car she didn't have any black eye at all.

In the movies and forensic medical footage, when someone gets a symbol or word carved into them it's pretty vicious, there's blood coagulation and gaping wounds. On a cheek I think the fatty tissues should be bursting out from a shape like the well rounded portions of the B cut into the cheek. It mentions a "dull knife" but even a butter knife would break the skin if used with uncaring brute force. It looks to me like that backwards B could have been done without even breaking the skin using something like the back end of a pen on your cheek scratching and repeating the pattern until it made the design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Horton
I'm with him
If she really wanted to make it real she'd numb her face,use a knife
punch herself and do more "mutilation". I think then she'd have a case.
And know I don't suggest anyone trying that :)

LOL Ozzy! I audibly laughed when I saw that.

Capslock

Is this kinda like the "kill him!" hoax perpetrated by a drive-by media type to generate sympathy for Barry's campaign??

I know, the guy yelled "bill him" and "tear her wrist", I don't know why anyone can't anyone see that either!

Back