Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Words not to be forgotten

The ignorance of man stains the land! Victoria's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words not to be forgotten

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety Benjamin Franklin

All wars are follies, very expensive and very mischievous ones. Benjamin Franklin

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper. Thomas Jefferson

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Every generation needs a new revolution. Thomas Jefferson

I would rather be exposed to the inconvenienceies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. John F. Kennedy

Observe good faith and justice towards all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. George Washington

If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. Samuel Adams

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words! Samuel Adams

The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men. Samuel Adams

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. Samuel Adams
    They are slowly and painfully killing you.....did you know that?

How brainwashed are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    surprising how far we have gotten away from those ideals in so few years...........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

The ignorance of man stains the land! Victoria's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed......
    They are slowly and painfully killing you.....did you know that?

How brainwashed are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of us would agree with those ideals.

The disagreements arrise between us when we discuss how to retain or obtain those ideals.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I especially like this one:

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies."
    Thomas Jefferson

Fortunately I work for a bank that has been very responsible with its assets and it shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    schoalty......we cant get back to those ideals without either shedding blood or those who want them forming their own new nation.....we lost those ideals long before any here on the forum were born...........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's two more lost quotes from a founder:

Ideology has too many letters, it should be renamed Idiocy. - John Adams
    -Letters of John Q . Adams

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. -John Adams
    -The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. -John Adams
    -The Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11

“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.”
    -John Adams

“[July 4th] ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”
    –John Adams in a letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress

"I have examined all religions, as well as my narrow sphere, my straightened means, and my busy life, would allow; and the result is that the Bible is the best Book in the world. It contains more philosophy than all the libraries I have seen."
    John Adams - December 25, 1813 letter to Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast