User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A "war" I can finally get behind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watched the show.....it flat stated what the Japanese are doing is legal.....dont like it get the law changed......but the law states that the animal must not be wasted so most all the meat and such is consumed o processed into something......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show was very interesting and I definitely look forward to future episodes. Perhaps with shows like this things will get changed - we can only hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scientific research... BS. I think it's funny that they hold up signs saying "We're measuring body proportions!". Seems a very interesting show. All the people on that boat would be right at home where I live.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    The show was very interesting and I definitely look forward to future episodes. Perhaps with shows like this things will get changed - we can only hope.
    so is it violent or...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little bit. There was some footage of whales being cut open and butchered and you could see the orangeish-pink meat inside. No real blood though.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, still freaks me out. I realized I was a hippie when a kid stomped and smeared a beautiful praying mantis one day for no reason other than 'it was a bug'. I cried. Ever since then, people who are unnecessarily cruel to insects may find a trip rope made of pure natural hemp fibre in their doorways unexpectedly*

Really, though, I have a sort of Greenpeace mentality of wrecking havoc on the un-empathic, and if for some reason I wanted to flee civilization it'd be a toss up between joining them or a monastery. I like cold and ship life, personally, So I think I'd be up for some fun-spirited whaler-paintballin'.

Like Swords, however, I was a vegetarian, but I eat animal products, but I can't ever eat a steak anymore. If I can identify any sort of musculature, I'm the kind of guy who will announce at the dinner table that 'this used to power legs that loved to romp in a field' or, 'these muscles drew in fresh air from a warm spring day once, I bet it was wonderful'. I try to limit my non-vegetarian foods to dairy, with occasional eggs, but meat only when other options are severely limited, or when I really don't feel like bugging waitstaff with peculiar orders given me and the GF's already lengthy list of dietary restrictions.

But that's my middle ground, I really don't think any whales should be killed personally, It's a bit excessive, especially with the dead zones in the ocean we've been discovering, we should probably put the ocean off-limits for a decade or two and stick to farm fishing for a bit.

Although, damn, I love my sea-bugs. I wonder if grasshoppers are anything like shrimp*?

*Unnecessarily, as in, killing them for the sake of killing them Aside from pest species, of course :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to limit my non-vegetarian foods to dairy, with occasional eggs, but meat only when other options are severely limited, or when I really don't feel like bugging waitstaff with peculiar orders given me and the GF's already lengthy list of dietary restrictions.
    so you avoid meat unless its to much of a bother......bravo for sticking by your principles........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmm! Do I detect an attempt to incite me? Heh, yeah, my post seems pretty contradictory, But I'm more than aware that animals eating animals is a part of nature and has been for millions of years, and while I respect life, I just make sure I don't try and invert the food pyramid and mistake beef for grains.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast