User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A "war" I can finally get behind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im far from mistaking beef for grain......my backyard is slowly turning into a mini orchard and veggie garden.....i do love fresh baked bread......however push comes to shove its easier to keep a healthy weight if i push away the pasta and take a bigger portion of chicken or beef or deer for dinner.....i also tend to feel better...do i need veggies and such? defiantly......but there is nothing inherently cruel by eating meat.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but there is nothing inherently cruel by eating meat........
    That's true in a completely "natural" or "Darwinist" sense, many species are carnivores (like our fave plants) but we humans also have a certain type of consciousness which causes conflict to our "natural selves" and insipres some of us to question damn near everything. Often to the bewilderment of others around us! lol! For myself all sorts of factors come into play not just the idea that meat in and of itself is cruel. It may be that it's easy to ignore in some people who accept "tradition" or "instinct" on face value but for others of us, every day brings new philosophical challenges which we feel a need to work out and continually refine for ourselves.

Yeah, the show did show some whale violence but mainly it was kinda similar to The Greatest Catch or whatever that commercial fishing show is on Discovery. Except instead of fishermen being interviewed it's "modern day pirates" going after whalers instead of new world gold smugglers. I like that pirate title it's sorta romantic. The anti-whalers ship is named the Steve Irwin, I wondered how he'd feel about that but they showed his wife dedicating the ship so apparently she condones it. The guy from Sea Shepherd was kicked outta GreenPeace for being more into doing actual strikes than just floating around holding up signs. There can be no change without chaos.

I don't even kill the occasional bugs that sneak into the house in summer, I catch them in a jar, look at them good, sometimes take pics if it's a weird one and then and put 'em outside. Unless the cats get them first... I just consider that nature at work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    swords push comes to shove ive got no issues with true vegans.......so long as they dont harp on me for eating meat.......i take issue with those that think they are "being kind to animals" yet only do it when its convenient......or worse claim eating eggs, fish and shellfish is fine but if its got fur its bad.....killing an animal is killing an animal, weither its an egg, shrimp, cow or whale....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not one to go after anyone for their eating habits. I don't care for the Vegan Reich people myself (there was even a band called that years ago) who slap burgers outta people's hands, start fights in restaurants, etc. That sort of thing is idiocy disguised as ideology. However, the "style" of ones vegetarianism is also a personal choice, vegetarian, vegan, etc. It's all in what one can justify to ones self (like much of life) but when it interferes with someone else's meal, that's where I feel personal belief ends and enforcement of your beliefs on others begins.

However, I do look at Whaling in a rather different light than simple meat eating in regards to the looming specter of extinction. At this time, the extinction or survival of these whales is a choice which we humans are able to make on their behalf, the whales themselves are powerless to stop us if we decide "thumbs down". With effective conservation efforts enacted on their behalf, perhaps a sustainable population would develop over time and limited hunting could be allowed while we continue to contemplate the philosophical implications of killing the more intelligent animals of the sea. Extinction is a more important issue than tradition or philosophy. If there are no whales worrying about tradition or right / wrong won't make a bit of difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, yep, figured as much. I'm not a vegetarian anymore, though, which I thought I had indicated. When you work somewhere you have to live at 72 hours at a time and most of what you get are institutional chicken strips to eat, well, it's hard to have preferences

Push comes to shove, however, and I have a choice in the matter, I prefer to not eat anything that blinks, that's my rule, heh.

EDIT: My GF wanted to know what kind of ____tarian that would be, so I looked it up.

If my usage of latin it correct, it would be apalpebraltarian

Stick that in your hat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as the show said swords, they are following the letter of the law........
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to think of it as the loophole of the law.

Living in the US we all know plenty about how loopholes work! lol!

It appears to me that the law is backwards. To eliminate this sort of thing the logical proposal would be that the meat of "research whales" should not be allowed for sale. To let it be dropped back into the sea after this "vital research" is conducted will take all the wind out of the profiteers sails essentially overnight .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i would think the best thing to do would be to drop the quota from 900 some to 200 or so.......and what they are doing aint exactly a loophole persay, they just arent following the spirit in which the law was passed.......
    cervid serial killer

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast