Thread: Obama has won!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Fine then..
    the position is clear..

hate speech and negative sterotypes by liberals about conservatives is perfecty fine here on terraforums..have at it!

hate speech and negative sterotypes by conservates about liberals is not allowed..got it now, thanks.

no different that the real world really..
    the same double standard exists everywhere.

I was hoping there would be fair treatment here..guess not.

the world hasnt quite changed as much as some of you were hoping for..
    there is still a long way to go..

Scot

Huge difference. Here is how the "real" world of TF works:

Hate speech is s not allowed. PERIOD

Negative stereotypes by conservatives about liberals... Have at it as long as you are civil

Negative stereotypes by liberals about conservatives... Have at it as long as you are civil

Advocating the murder of homosexuals has not one bloody thing to do with party lines. I say it again, if you do not see that then the myopia is your own.

And with that I really am done.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I can only speak for myself and not the other Mods.

His second comment I personally see as a nothing more than heavy sarcasm. Yes it is critical of Palin but he has just as much right to gripe about her as you have to gripe about Obama. In this thread alone the new President elect has been referred to as a terrorist and a heathen and scads of other things and yet none of you take issue with that but swords "disrespects" Palin by saying she wants to draw and quartet him and suddenly it is not okay to talk trash about a politician.

2) Swords is not being a hate monger. Talking trash about Palin or the Republican party is a world away from advocating torture and murder upon a whole group of people who are different from you. If swords was suggesting murder of gays or blacks or Jews or middle class white American men his butt would be kicked just as fast.

That arguement doesnt hold water legally..
    you are basically saying its OK what swords said because he said it in a Joking or sarcastic manner..

Guy tells a "gay joke" at work..
    someone overhears it, is offended, and complains to the boss.
    boss says "whats the big deal? its just a joke..you need to get a thicker skin if you want to work here!"

thats illegal..the boss could be fired for that.

You are defending swords in the same way.
    its more than "trash talk"..its offensive hate speech.
    so because im the one offended, im the one with the problem right?
    I should just learn to "take a joke"?
    negative stereotypes and offensive "jokes" about "my kind of people" are just fine?

seriously..
    its not just a joke..
    it crossed the line into "genuinely offensive" several times..
    a joke doesnt have to be only "about murder" to pass the offensive test.
    plenty of racial and gay "jokes" arent about murder..
    The fact that one person mentioned "murder" and the other didnt is totally irrelevant.

A mod quickly changed the subject line of Swords thread..because it was obviously offensive!
    but yet..no banning.

thats all im saying..
    IMO, its not equal and fair treatment..

and with that, im done too..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine then..
    the position is clear..

hate speech and negative sterotypes by liberals about conservatives is perfecty fine here on terraforums..have at it!

hate speech and negative sterotypes by conservates about liberals is not allowed..got it now, thanks.

no different that the real world really..
    the same double standard exists everywhere.

I was hoping there would be fair treatment here..guess not.

the world hasnt quite changed as much as some of you were hoping for..
    there is still a long way to go..

Scot
    You're exactly right Scot. I've mentioned in the past these same double standards and it only fell on deaf ears. Swords has been preaching hate speech towards Christians and Conservatives for awhile now and I agree that it is unfair for anyone here to be posting hatred towards one group or another. If Dimka's comments were towards Christians, or religion and those who follow one, he wouldn't be banned right now.

Okay, here is what should be understood. I said this in the thread where I was questioned about banning Rattler and I will say it again here. The Mods and Admin make the decisions and the members (and that includes you) do not get to dictate to us who does and does not get banned. If you do not like that policy then no one is forcing you to stay here.

End.
    Nobody here is asking to dictate to the moderators what to do. What is being asked is for fairness. Maybe it's time we get some variety in our moderation staff, because there have been several cases where you and other admins cannot detect blatant hate speech towards other members on this forum.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, just don't get scared away of believing in something because of false representatives. People will always disappoint you. Don't look to people for example.

Scot's right, joking or not, hate is hate. Jokes don't diminish hate.

>If Dimka's comments were towards Christians he wouldn't be banned right now.>

Somehow, I find that very likely...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I've mentioned in the past these same double standards and it only fell on deaf ears.
    Before you start griping about double standards you better think about the fact that you have not been banned and you have crossed my lines more times than I care to count. Mods do not make decisions in a vacuum. As a collective we decided to ban Dimka.

Swords has been preaching hate speech towards Christians and Conservatives for awhile now
    And you have been preaching hate towards liberals and non-Christains for a while now. And he is still here and you are still here. Where is the double standard

If Dimka's comments were towards Christians he wouldn't be banned right now.
    THe HELL he wouldn't. Obviously you just chose to ignore my earlier post
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you start griping about double standards you better think about the fact that you have not been banned and you have crossed my lines more times than I care to count. Mods do not make decisions in a vacuum. As a collective we decided to ban Dimka.
    What is it that I should be banned for? I never asked for a pass, and if I did anything against the rules I'd gladly take the ban for being out of line. Crossed your lines, when? You're coming off as a person with a case of angst. Take a deep breath and relax.

And you have been preaching hate towards liberals and non-Christains for a while now. And he is still here and you are still here. Where is the double standard
    Where have I preached hate towards liberals and non-Christians? I have offered respectful, thought out alternative viewpoints that hardly get any light on here. I have never outright attacked anyone on their beliefs, only have shared mine and have said several times that I have no problem with agreeing to disagree. My relationship with JLAP is case in point. We have some pretty opposite views but regardless we maintain respect for one another, and we don't send hatred filled remarks toward each other. I don't know where JLAP disappeared to lately, but I guarantee you he would correct you himself on this matter.

THe HELL he wouldn't. Obviously you just chose to ignore my earlier post
    Just as you have ignored the outcry of others on double standards.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy tells a "gay joke" at work..
    someone overhears it, is offended, and complains to the boss.
    boss says "whats the big deal? its just a joke..you need to get a thicker skin if you want to work here!"

thats illegal..the boss could be fired for that.
    a joke doesnt have to be only "about murder" to pass the offensive test.
    plenty of racial and gay "jokes" arent about murder..
    The fact that one person mentioned "murder" and the other didnt is totally irrelevant.
    Our society typically takes the stance that it's alright to joke about things that are choices but not things you are born with.

Example of things that are a choice: Political stance/religion or lack of it/peoples opinions/etc.

Things that are not a choice: Sexual orientation/race/mental capacity/etc.

A mod quickly changed the subject line of Swords thread..because it was obviously offensive!
    but yet..no banning.
    You're beating a dead horse.

1.) I agree the title seemed to be in bad taste and it was changed.

2.) Swords already clarified that the title was commenting on what kind of campaigns he believed the parties to be running. When you keep repeating that it was aimed at raising hate against republicans/christians/conservatives, you're not being honest about the situation.

Several times dimka made comments about Obama that may offend the people you complain are censoring one side; yet he wasn't banned for them. He even said since Obama is pro choice, maybe his mother should have aborted. But swords did make a smartass Palin comment and deserves to be banned for it... right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the basis behind the Palin comment anyway? I've never heard her say anything even remotely in the ballpark of anything like that. I mean, if there was evidence behind it, that's one thing. Obama is pro-abortion, we all know that. But I've not heard a peep from Palin about stringing anyone up. It's like saying Obama thinks we should all wear the same clothes to identify with one another and come together as a nation. It sounds just as absurd. Of course it would have to be something different to be hateful. Like Obama would like to kill (insert choice group or person here; we already know it's unwanted babies, so pick another), but it's the same idea. It doesn't do anything but fuel vicious stereotypes and start hate mongering.