Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/po...8&tab=0&fnum=0

That's what I'm watching. Seems like the best updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about Prop 8, it's looking bleak. That's the only non-prez thing I've been watching for...

Maybe someday gays too will also be viewed as completely human and deserving of the same rights as heteros by the majority of the populace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gay guys at the campaign were so @#$%ing nice. One of them got disowned by his Mormon family when he came out. He almost broke down when he was making his last little speech to us. We had a wonderful balance of the G and the S in GSA representing no-on-8. I'm not gonna lose hope yet, Santa Cruz is barely in, and looks to be going our way very strongly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wonder how families like that can possibly be so cruel. That's simply pure human cruelty in a defense of a precious ideology over a flesh and blood being. When discrimination comes from within your own family it would be the worst thing I could imagine. I have several Mormons in my family (by marriage), thankfully none of them act that way. Makes me wonder how people like that actually "see" people who aren't in their own family or don't subscribe to the family reality-tunnel. Do they simply imagine them as skin covered machines, the same way Aristotle imagined animals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gas prices are way down and we're doing well in Iraq. What do you want to change about that?? Obama won, but now he has to perform. Yippee. <---Sarcastic.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too cried at the news of an Obama victory this morning.

I haven't been this frightened and angry since 9/11.

There is a saying that a people often deserve the leaders that they get. This just may be the case.

Two to three years from now, we'll all be saying, "WTH was I thinking voting for this guy??"

America will have a serious case of "buyer's remorse", most assuredly. An Obama administration will make the Clinton administration look benign and innocent in comparison.

A Change is indeed coming; one that you did not anticipate nor prepare for..........
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Bush had some moral standards. This guy is an immoral, power-hungry, arrogant punk.
    I do not think the country's inner structure will be damaged catastrophically, there is too much bureaucracy to do so in 4 years before someone normal will be elected (if he doesn't get impeached before that), but it'll still be in somewhat of a ruin. I've already seen black guys in the subway walking around and telling people "If they'll be our friends, we'll not deport you back to wherever you came from" and that's in NYC where practically everyone is a foreigner... we'll see how long it takes till they start getting killed for saying stuff like that, and if it won't stop, then I think NYC will be plunged into another racial street war such as it was a couple of decades ago (I know some "veterans" of Bensonhurst, Brighton Beach, and Sheepshead Bay "battles"). However the international arena will definitely be lost. He is too arrogant and weak.
    So ladies and gentlemen, kick back and watch this country crumble, get pushed around, and flushed down the toilet. Historic moment indeed - the worst mistake ignorant citizens of USA have ever made!
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been this frightened and angry since 9/11.
    Equating Obama to 9/11 is rediculous. You guys need to open your eyes, or is hope too much to ask for? Obama will be the best thing to happen to the US since JFK. Hope is what this country needed most, and Obama will deliver something much more than that.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast