Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama has won!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    This is not entirely fair. I am personally glad that Obama won but there are many people who are incredibly disappointed. Thinking that people are not going to vent their frustrations on the subject, and then have Obama supporters not jump on them for that, etc. is not very realistic.
    How is what I said unfair? I understand that there are people who are disappointed. And I have no objection to them venting their frustrations. However, it is not a far stretch to say this thread is getting a little warm and the back and forth could easily escalate. All I was saying is to remember to keep it civil. I do not care what side of the fence you fall on. Just be civil. I do not think that is unfair at all.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Gardener View Post
    Too bad the rest of us have to live with his rulings too though. Let only those who voted for him deserve him. LOL
    I remember many people thinking the exact same thing four years ago. And yet we endure.

Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Well that didnt take long..
    half a day, and the venom is back full-force..on both sides.

how depressing...

Scot
    Indeed. I think Obama's speech last night was really strong, and hit a lot of great points.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is what I said unfair? I understand that there are people who are disappointed. And I have no objection to them venting their frustrations. However, it is not a far stretch to say this thread is getting a little warm and the back and forth could easily escalate. All I was saying is to remember to keep it civil. I do not care what side of the fence you fall on. Just be civil. I do not think that is unfair at all.
    I was not talking about the civility comment at all, that is why I excluded it from the quote. I am talking about the expectations that this would die down afterwards, that it was unfair for scotty and you to expect everyone to just drop it. Expect is not the right word, I suppose. To hope that it would die down is unrealistic - would be a better wording.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He better not raise my taxes one single penny. But I know I'm not facing reality here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should just be dropped lol. Obama won, that is that. Nothing you can say will change that, so moan and groan and complain all you want. Obama was the best choice out of the candidates imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even McCain said you don't need to be afraid of Obama...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I am talking about the expectations that this would die down afterwards, that it was unfair for scotty and you to expect everyone to just drop it. Expect is not the right word, I suppose. To hope that it would die down is unrealistic - would be a better wording.
    I had no expectations that it wold die down, I am not that naive. I do however expect people to be civil and that was the part of Scotty's comment I was agreeing with: that the venom was back, in full force on both sides. And I am not pigeonholing one side in either role over the other there, both sides are doing it.

Quite honestly I think the threads on politics before the election more a bit more civil even in their heated moments. But now that there is an actual winner/loser people on one side are seemingly more inclined to let fly at people on the other side.

Like I said, I do not mind people airing their gripes in the slightest. Gripe away. However, I personally do think the amount of venom that is being laced into some of the comments, from both sides, is a bit excessive and I see the potential for escalation if it goes on unchecked. And that was the only reason I commented.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before chiming in on some of the commentary, I wanted to bring up a different topic: I think most everyone will agree that Obama had a phenomenal campaign and an impressive movement of volunteers and organization. I believe he should come out soon and say to everyone, on both campaigns, that all the time you spent volunteering for your campaign should be carried on in other forms, and volunteering for local needs. There are tons of opportunities for volunteering and that is one thing we need to remember is that we have the time, and have demonstrated the passion, and everyone can channel that into other initiative. And, if his college tuition remission does take off, this would be a great segue into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimka View Post
    So ladies and gentlemen, kick back and watch this country crumble, get pushed around, and flushed down the toilet.
    So business as usual? A majority of the country would agree that we have been watching that for four to six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimka View Post
    Historic moment indeed - the worst mistake ignorant citizens of USA have ever made!
    And that is the nature of a democracy. Sometimes the other guys win.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    It should just be dropped lol. Obama won, that is that. Nothing you can say will change that, so moan and groan and complain all you want.
    Is that an oximoron? Drop it, but go ahead and complain? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    Could someone please post next week's lotto numbers, too? I need to know the future.
    ~Joe
    12-40-03-16.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast