Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama has won!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't finish
    Since Obama is much more liked on an international level,
    international traders should be more confedent.
    Wallstreet runs off of confedence.
    Why complain who is president,
    when what has been done is done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to the future 44th and first half black half white president (As far I know, lol)!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since everyone knows how the County is going to go uphill or downhill before the man has even taken his oath....
    What are tonight's Powerball numbers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17-23-01-34-16 and the power ball is 03
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So any way, on other news no one is going to bring up that democrats have the presidency and the majority in the house at the same time? That hasn't happened since 1932 right?
    Hoover (R) was president until 1933 when Roosevelt (D) took office.

While the country came out of the Great Depression during his time in office, it's likely that FDR's "New Deal" policies actually caused the depression to last longer than it could've.

I don't think anyone on either side is trying to predict the future. Either side can look at it the way they see fit according to Obama's past political actions and voting record on certain legislation. From where I stand, it doesn't look good. Depending on your interests, it may look better.

If you happen to have interests in proposal 8 and voted due to that (a popular reason from tv news reports on voter data), I don't see how not being "married" is going to kill you. I can't speak for people on that side of the fence, just how it seems to me. However, having your arms of defense taken away or laws made to where you can't defend yourself, and that just may kill you. Heaven forbid, put in a life and death situation in the middle of the night in your own home are you going to wish you were "married" or that you could defend yourself? How far would this go... Freeze burglar, I have a marriage license! LOL

Now there's an idea for a political cartoon...

|Obama comes around to collect fire arms| |In exchange, he hands out marriage licenses to same sex couples| |said people burglarized and attempt to defend themselves against assailant with license|

Either way, it doesn't matter. He's in now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe foreign administrations like Obama because they'll be able to push him around and tell him what to do (or think they can). That will certainly make USA more likable, but at the same time weaken it.
    And as for the rest of the world hating USA, that's not gonna change very much, believe me. Everyone hated, hates, and will hate USA. Back in the 90s it was hated, and no one likes US any better now.
    I too traveled a lot, and everywhere is the same - "Stupid Americans", and such dislike is not groundless. People really should learn about the world around us and respect it, rather than "US be da best, rest of world be bad and weird!" stuff. Of course some things are ridiculous, and basically come down to "We hate them because they live better than us, and that's just not right" So there's two sides to that as well.
    I guess we'll see what happens, although I am not optimistic at all.

P.S.
    Taking away firearms is a joke, they'll just take away licensed guns while leaving all the illegal ones. Seems kind of one-sided to me. I'm with Indiana Gardner on this one.
    Last edited by Pyro; 11-06-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Offensive material removed (See me if you have questions)
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We hate them because they live better than us, and that's just not right"
    That is exactly it! I have a friend who's French and is now a US citizen, a status of which she is very proud, and I'm proud to have her as one.

However, her family back home has expressed that very thing to her!

At the same time, I have some very dear international friends in Japan, Italy, and the British Isles who seem to realize we don't all live high on the hog and are people just like they are.

they'll just take away licensed guns while leaving all the illegal ones
    Right again! Criminals will always have access to black market fire arms. Tougher laws and legislation only keeps them out of the hands of responsible people. Enforce the laws we have first before seeing if we need more might be the logical place to start, but then politicians aren't logical.

If we brought back medieval punishments for crimes, there'd be a lot less of it. We would need to adapt modern ways of telling guilt or innocence though. I know I have toads in my garden, but I'm no witch (warlock? or whatever). LOL I'm reminded of that Monty Python scene where that lady weighed the same as the duck on those rigged scales - so she must float, therefore she's a witch! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I see ignornace is alive and well. Do you really think people hate the US because we are wealthy. Why dont they hate all the European countries with higher standards of living? Did you ever consider the fact that US foreign policy for the last oh 50 years has been horrible. Seriously look at the way we run things, you have oil we sell you weapons and ignore the fact that you are considered one of the most tyranical rulers in the world and your people are not getting basic human rights. However if you dont have oil we do things to depress your economy or just give your country to someone else because you dont have anything we want and we have bigger guns than they do. Seriously the world hates us for the most part because of our foriegn policy. Oh wait they hate us because of our freedom I forgot. The Dutch better watch out they are probably next.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast