Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama has won!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I see ignornace is alive and well. Do you really think people hate the US because we are wealthy.
    I don't think it's ignorance to think that when someone's own family resents them for moving to the US for that vary reason. Maybe that isn't everyone's reason, but it exists. She isn't even wealthy. They just don't like it because they think now that she lives here, she must be. I don't know about you, but I'm not wealthy. Some countries, but not all people in them, just seem to have that "rich American" mentality. It may not be the only reason we are hated by some, but it is one of the reasons and I personally know someone who has experienced that first hand from their own family after moving to the US. So I don't think it should be dismissed as incorrect.

I don't see the connection people have with Obama because they disagree about us doing business with countries who practice substandard treatment with their citizens because Obama doesn't even want to drill more of our own oil until we get a better fuel source going. McCain was the one who was going to start things going here at home so that, eventually, we wouldn't have to deal with those countries (supposedly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Sorry about Prop 8, it's looking bleak. That's the only non-prez thing I've been watching for...

Maybe someday gays too will also be viewed as completely human and deserving of the same rights as heteros by the majority of the populace.
    Well if black people and women can get their right's eventually(hopefully) gays can to.

i don't see how who someone marries should decide their right's, that's like saying if you like dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate you can have basic right's. It just doesn't make sense and is rediculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to disagree with you, Ktulu. Even though the foreign policy enrages a lot of people, it is not the major hatred factor. Though I'll admit I still can't get over the Balkans conflict. USA had no business whatsoever to bomb Serbia, and Albania had no right to the territories at all. Stronger Serbia was simply not convenient for USA and Europe.
    People really hate USA because of the "rich americans" mentality. Honestly, most of the world thinks money grows on trees here... Funny that... Trust me I speak from experience, having spent 12 years in 15 countries.
    Oh well, the life goes on...
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off congrats to Obama on the victory.

*/takes gloves off

I honestly believe that Obama's win was directly linked to Bush. If the news media keeps painting a picture of this country and its President in a bad light, it will eventually have an effect on the psyche of its viewers. I believe that the MSM proved yesterday that it can influence Americans. Yesterday was also the day that American voters could wash away their sins of electing Bush. I forget the percentage, I believe it was 60-75% of voters who were exit polled that said they voted for Obama because of Bush (according to CNN). This isn't the first time in history something crazy like this has happened. Jimmy Carter was ONLY elected President because of the mistrust of Washington insiders. The country at that time felt that it could correct all its wrongs by electing Jimmy Carter. Result? Jimmy Carter is considered one of the worst Presidents in our history. Americans did the same thing yesterday, electing Obama because of the mistrust and the Bush label of the GOP. What will the result be? Nobody knows, we have to sit and wait.

I think it's great that Obama broke the "racial barrier", but I don't believe he was the guy Dr. King had in mind. It was Dr. King who said a person should be judged by their character not by their color. How many people, especially the African-American voting block, voted for Obama on basis of his skin color? Something to think about.

The biggest thing I fear about Obama is his idea that we need to fundamentally change/transform America. I believe this country has flaws that need fixed but fundamentally changing this country?

Lastly to those who are excited about the international community's round of applause for Obama: Do you live in those countries? What bearing do they have on our American soil? Why is it a good thing that countries are celebrating Obama's Presidency? They don't share our common interests.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimka View Post
    P.S.
    As for the same sex couples... other than it being completely wrong, I think we should bring back the medieval punishments, tortures, and executions... but that's just me.

Wow, what a load of BS. Whats wrong with gay marriage? They should not be denied the right to marry each other, it is just plain wrong not to let them get married. Why should gays be punished?

Stop whining, Obama is not going to ruin our country!
    Max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think one man can ruin a country by himself-he needs help...

I think(and I am not the most knowing in this field) that McCain was pushed into certain things by the GOP and was not free to be himself. Obama ran a smarter campaign. I still voted for McCain, hoping the mask would drop, but it's moot-he lost. Obama will be President and as such, I will be behind him.
    I just bought Rattler's PB numbers, so we will see if he is

or

Cheers,

Joe

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    Could someone please post next week's lotto numbers, too? I need to know the future.
    ~Joe
    Haha!
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10% is all i ask for Joe....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast