What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obama has won!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Yah! Obama won over 270 electoral votes! So PLEASE no more obama puns! They are an obamanation! :nono:

Booo. Lets just hope he doesnt drive this country even farth down the drain!

Yah! Obama won over 270 electoral votes! So PLEASE no more obama puns! The are an obamanation! :nono:
I would have at least attempted to make some kind of witty "pun" out of what you said if I could just figure out exactly what the heck that is.
The are an obamanation? ...What language is that? Seriously.:lac:

Well, I guess all thats left to do now is sit back and watch everything collapse before my eyes.

The are an obamanation? ...What language is that? Seriously.:lac:

I believe he was making a pun, saying that Bbama puns are an "abomination"... Maybe I took your post to literally or didn't read the sarcasm? lol.

xvart.

YES! Open your eyes people, this is history! your kids and grankids will ask you about this moment! Im nearly crying! WOW! President Obama!

I believe he was making a pun, saying that Bbama puns are an "abomination"... Maybe I took your post to literally or didn't read the sarcasm? lol.

xvart.

Yeah, I was trying to be somewhat sarcastic. lol. There was a small amount of seriousness in there too, though.
I guess my sarcasm skills need some work.

Seriously, look at McCain, he's jumpy and rude. Do you really want a president who can't hold is tongue? We weren't really given a good selection this year around...give the man a chance. Atleast he's not bush!

Yeah, I was trying to be somewhat sarcastic. lol. There was a small amount of seriousness in there too, though.

lol. I figured as much; but, I was reminded of that time in the bookstore when I saw that book called "Obamanation" and it took me a good few minutes and didn't even catch the reference until I had already left the store, lol.

xvart.

Seriously, look at McCain, he's jumpy and rude. Do you really want a president who can't hold is tongue?
Honestly, I really don't care. How would that affect anything anyway? People need to stop factoring irrelevant things like that into their decisions.
I do agree that we were not given a good selection, though.

Sarcasm can be tough to get across when writing.

That's the spirit.

Oh, and that was sarcasm, too. :p

YES!!! Finally our country is on a path to a better future! Obama is the key to a brighter future, one McCain will not be able to bring. Not that McCain is a bad person, its just that he is too easily manipulated by his campaign to say ridiculous things, his speech tonight was actually great and inspiring due to the fact that he was speaking for himself and was not being manipulated once again by his campaign, if he was not so easily manipulated and if he chose a better candidate for vice president he would have had a chance, and may have actually been able to change the USA for the better.

I just want to make one more statement, during McCain's speech when he was congratulating Obama a roar of boo's erupted from the audience, while when Obama on the other hand congratulated McCain for his efforts there was cheering and sympathy from the audience, that to me is ridiculous, in fact it pisses me off that people are so close minded and are not willing to accept change. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and accept change.

Stop acting all cynical and accept change for once, it is something we desperately need.

Go Obama!!!

Honestly, I really don't care. How would that affect anything anyway? People need to stop factoring irrelevant things like that into their decisions.
I strongly disagree with this statement. Being able to inspire people, in my mind, is what could make Obama a potentially great leader.
McCain's lack of self-control could be potentially disastrous for foreign policy related issues, as quite a bit of being president involves social interactions. There is a reason nobody cares about Calvin Coolidge anymore. Personality matters a lot.
On a side note: Obama spelled backwards (Amabo) means "I will love" in Latin...kinda neat. :p
Yay Obama wins! Good bye Sarah Palin! :boogie:

I'm glad. Hopefully this country will go in a new direction. I'm confident all of us can come together to help fix it, I know we can.

Obama was obviously gonna win. I'm just hoping all my work fighting california's prop 8 wasn't in vain.

Obama was obviously gonna win. I'm just hoping all my work fighting california's prop 8 wasn't in vain.

Currently stands at 52% Yes VS 48% No (with 39% of precincts reporting)

My County (Santa Cruz): No- 68%

Interesting to see that after age 29, the percentage of people voting in the affirmative jumps like 20%.

Let's keep on hoping for the best. :) So many things I could say about anyone voting Yes on 8... but that's another thread. ;)

Sorry about Prop 8, it's looking bleak. That's the only non-prez thing I've been watching for...

Maybe someday gays too will also be viewed as completely human and deserving of the same rights as heteros by the majority of the populace. :(

The gay guys at the campaign were so @#$%ing nice. One of them got disowned by his Mormon family when he came out. He almost broke down when he was making his last little speech to us. We had a wonderful balance of the G and the S in GSA representing no-on-8. I'm not gonna lose hope yet, Santa Cruz is barely in, and looks to be going our way very strongly.

I always wonder how families like that can possibly be so cruel. That's simply pure human cruelty in a defense of a precious ideology over a flesh and blood being. When discrimination comes from within your own family it would be the worst thing I could imagine. I have several Mormons in my family (by marriage), thankfully none of them act that way. Makes me wonder how people like that actually "see" people who aren't in their own family or don't subscribe to the family reality-tunnel. Do they simply imagine them as skin covered machines, the same way Aristotle imagined animals?

Back