What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

theyellowdart

sea bear returns!
Just thought I'd show off a few pictures of some plants that have been looking good lately.

N. fusca 'Flared Peristome':
SN851777.jpg

The peristome becomes more decorated with every new pitcher.
SN851776.jpg

whole plant: (I love those triangle/spade shaped leaves)
SN851778.jpg

A death cube Cobra Plant which has exploded in growth since I got it: (It's going into dormancy now)
SN851781.jpg

SN851784.jpg

I wasn't too sure how many insects this plant was actually catching (as you can't look in and see) until I cut open one of the dead pitchers:
SN851785.jpg

It was filled up all the way!

Close up of the trick "light windows":
SN851793.jpg

Just for reference on how much this plant has grown, here's what it looked like at the end of June:
SN850145.jpg

Typical death cube VFT with some really red traps: (unfortunately, the reddest traps of all were closed)
SN851811.jpg

Close up of a baby rooted flower stalk cutting taken from the same plant sometime over the summer:
SN851809.jpg

And last but not least a death cube S. purpurea:
SN851803.jpg

with flash:
SN851800.jpg

Matt

Looks amazing, love the fusca! So, is it me, or do purps explode in growth at the end of the growing season?

Thank you. And yes, purps definately grow a ton in the late summer/early fall.

very nice plants, my darlingtonia had justas many bugs in em... i had a hard time believing they were such good hunters...
keep it up!
Steven

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate the comments.
Yeah, I just didn't really think the Darlingtonia was catching too much. Maybe because I had never actually witnessed it catch something...
Matt

nice dart, i love the fusca!!! keep up the good work

Nice plants! I'm amazed that bugs find their way into the cobra lilys.

Great plants and pics! You sure do take good care of them.

Your purp's hoods are all so ruffled! I love them. Your Darlingtonia is impressive, too!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them!

joossa: I know, right? I think it has to have the most ruffled and curled up hoods I've ever seen on a purp! (real life and internet)

Thanks again!

Matt

Back