Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Comment: Proposition 8

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    Maybe because they saw that the majority was supporting something that, while it may be a constitutional gray area, is against the intention of our constitution. I can't speak to the other cases you are unhappy about. But in this case, the constitution clearly intends to give equality to ALL people.

Those judges upheld our greatest American value: All Men Are Created Equal.
    That is precisely why some specialize in the vagaries of constitutional law. Ultimately, the vote will probably be overturned by Sacramento as a violation of the "equal protection clause" down the line; but the axe will have to come from the State Supreme Court and not the laughing stock of the Ninth Circuit . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what I would find wonderfully poetic and ironic? If this went all the way to the US supreme court, and they overturned it. Then it'd apply to every state. The yes-on-8 supporters would've constitutionally doomed their cause across the country XD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    You know what I would find wonderfully poetic and ironic? If this went all the way to the US supreme court, and they overturned it. Then it'd apply to every state. The yes-on-8 supporters would've constitutionally doomed their cause across the country XD.

Miscegenation laws are one thing and California eliminated theirs in 1948, but the real likelihood of the of the Supreme Court ever taking up gay marriage is a serious long shot . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applaud the sensible and decent people posting here in defence of equality. I think Dr. Wurm put it best in his 2nd to last sentance.

"Stuff" like this:
    Ha Ha Ha!!!
    This is truly pathetic.
    Omar Chaiyam (sp?) was a womanizer. Kinda Persian version of Casanova (medieval Persian version... so its kinda very limited one ). So how does this relate to gay marriages? He lived centuries ago in Persia, when there was not even a though of such horrible things, and those who were found to be gay were executed.
    God is love, but also justice and order. Does Christianity forbid death penalties? If you think that, you better dig yourself into some books. It forbids murder, that is unlawful, undeserved killing. With "peace and love" thing and "whatever floats your boat" there will be only chaos and anarchy - the opposite of God or almost any other religion. Is there equality even in the divine realm? If you think that, dig into some books. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all state there are different "levels of society" if you will, in heaven and hell.
    So why should everything be on the same level here? Especially this, which is against the very nature of this world! This is a n abomination tarnishing the moral fabric of the society.
    The history is filled with injustices such as slavery, wars, political persecutions etc, but this is in no way unjust. It is just unnatural.
    Slavery though seems to be a part of the past, but it is only an illusion. There will always be slaves and slave owners. They may be called differently or be under a different sauce, but it is always there.

Sad, pathetic, absolutely pointless and worthless speech with as much substance to it as a soap bubble.
    I applaud the morally untarnished people who oppose this abomination.

P.S.
    An interesting though.
    As you probably know, ancient languages did not all use the same numerical system before the introduction of "arabic" numbers (which actually came from India). They used letters of their alphabets instead. So if you take Obama's middle name and transfer them into slavonic numbers, you get the following sequence: 3 400 200 5 8 50. Add them up, you get 666.
    Just a though.
    is pure stupidity, and in my sense the gravest form of cruelty: injustice. take your jesus glasses off and read your own damn books. They are about LOVE. CARING. How to live YOUR live, not your neighbors or people you never meet. And the last bit about obama is insane. If you used the time it took you to research that into practical means the world would have a cure for cancer. I cannot belive this prejudace thought wave still exists. Apologies decent folk, i just had to address this.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obregon562 View Post
    I applaud the sensible and decent people posting here in defence of equality. I think Dr. Wurm put it best in his 2nd to last sentance.

"Stuff" like this:
    is pure stupidity, and in my sense the gravest form of cruelty: injustice. take your jesus glasses off and read your own damn books. They are about LOVE. CARING. How to live YOUR live, not your neighbors or people you never meet. And the last bit about obama is insane. If you used the time it took you to research that into practical means the world would have a cure for cancer. I cannot belive this prejudace thought wave still exists. Apologies decent folk, i just had to address this.
    I agree with you on that, and it is for this reason that I think Christianity as a whole has gone to Hell and refuse to participate in it for any reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time it took me to research this was about... 10 seconds as I am fluent in it. So cancer research was not influenced in any way whatsoever.
    Equality is a myth, it was never true, it will never be. Take off the pink glasses.
    How about putting all the effort you put into gay right into cancer research? Eh?
    Peace! Love! Equality! Caring! Come on!
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because to me it's more important that I'm accepted as a person before I die than for me to have my cancer cured if I ever happen to get it.

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equality is a myth
    And this is were we differ...tell that to all the people who have suffered through inequality and now see their children playing with children of their "suppresors". Tell me those people dont feel they are equal.
    I cannot belive so much _____ resides in one person...
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast