Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Comment: Proposition 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimka View Post
    I think it is because majority of them has intelligence level below a wilted sunflower.
    Insults will not be tolerated. You have been warned
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idontlikeform how did it receive so much anti funding if there ain't a bunch of gay-fearing haters out there??

Seriously, if that same BS were happening here, I would be solidly behind the "no" side. For a small monthly fee I can offer you compelling proof of my heterosexuality But I can see NO actual reason based on ANY fact for bannnig gay people from getting hitched- unless you want to cite religion, which is just a bunch of stuff made up by folks anyways, I'm talkin empirical evidence here.

With nothing but archaic ideologies on the "yes" side and solid actual reality on the "no" side, I would do whatever I could to be on the reality side
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by homosexual agenda, you mean equality, yes there is a homosexual agenda. The courts already ruled that no church can be forced to marry a couple, be them gay or products of divorce. Religious marriage means nothing to the government. It is a practice done by an independent group, so they can do whatever they please.

As far as teaching gay marriage in schools, before anything of the sort can be taught in schools, a consent slip is sent home to parents with all the curriculum and a choice of whether or not they want their child to attend. Yes-on-8 used the 1st grader lesbian wedding of their teacher as "proof" of this, except 2 parents opted their kids out and the trip was parent proposed.

Yes, some teachers out their may break the rules. That is to the fault of the teachers. Just because there is a potential to steal things does not make everyone a thief.

As for religion, as I've said before: leave your God at home when you vote. When you let your religious beliefs influence how government functions, you undermine the intent of the constitution. Every time you let religion into politics, we are taken one step back from becoming the land of freedom, towards being a land like Iraq. Islam does not permit women to show much (if any) skin, and therefore, it was written into law that it was illegal.

Living in America means we uphold America's values first, not the Bible's. That's the price you pay to live here, you must accept other people's lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    As for religion, as I've said before: leave your God at home when you vote. When you let your religious beliefs influence how government functions, you undermine the intent of the constitution. Every time you let religion into politics, we are taken one step back from becoming the land of freedom, towards being a land like Iraq. Islam does not permit women to show much (if any) skin, and therefore, it was written into law that it was illegal.

Living in America means we uphold America's values first, not the Bible's.
    Thank you!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me of an incident in Saudi Arabia that happened couple of months ago.
    A groom was sentenced to 3 months in prison and public punishment (I think it was being tied to a post and lashed with whips) for coming to the female side of his wedding party (men and women are separate with a "wall" between the sides).
    However, there are no religious debates there. Any religion but Islam is banned there.
    America's values were based on Bible, but that was long time ago and values changed. They are now "Whatever! I do what I want!"
    The government is still tied by religious values.
    Soviet Union on the other hand, was completely religion-less country, and look how good it worked out.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimka View Post
    Soviet Union on the other hand, was completely religion-less country, and look how good it worked out.
    One time a girl I knew got a math problem wrong. All girls are bad at math.

Correlation =/= causation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DrWurm, I believe the term you are looking for is post hoc ergo propter hoc

It is such a wonderfully flawed way to argue anything.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    DrWurm, I believe the term you are looking for is post hoc ergo propter hoc
    Nah, I was looking for someone with a fancy shmancy degree to spew latin at me XD

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast